The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York accommodation/college info and questions 2011/12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Does all accommodation at York have Internet access in every room?
University of York
York
Reply 61
Simzyy
Does all accommodation at York have Internet access in every room?

Yes
Reply 62
this is so unbelievably helpful!
I've replied to my offers with York as firm but i haven't been sent out any info on accommodation. Seems weird because my stuff for UCL has to be in for 31 May.
When do we properly apply for accommodation etc? is it all going to be last minute?
Reply 63
MrsValensi
this is so unbelievably helpful!
I've replied to my offers with York as firm but i haven't been sent out any info on accommodation. Seems weird because my stuff for UCL has to be in for 31 May.
When do we properly apply for accommodation etc? is it all going to be last minute?

If you have an unconditional offer, it gets sorted out around June/July time, otherwise you get the info and the forms for accommodation (which should be online this year) after results day.
Reply 64
ta very much!
do you reckon they'd let me do it early? I have a conditional but I just got my grades in the jan exams. I may phone them hmmm
so is it like you get first pick if you have an unconditional?
Reply 67
blueberrymuffin
do you reckon they'd let me do it early? I have a conditional but I just got my grades in the jan exams. I may phone them hmmm

You probably should - no harm in it.
Ooh, some of York Uni is now on google street view for anyone who wants to see some of it (although it looks a lot nicer in real life I think)

But if you go to the centre of town and go on Low Ousegate towards Bridge street there is a spooky bus that keeps moving forward whenever you go forward :O
Reply 69
could someone tell me how far campus is from the city centre? i haven't had a chance to visit yet!
MrsValensi
could someone tell me how far campus is from the city centre? i haven't had a chance to visit yet!

i asked one of the students yesterday on the open day they said 10 min on bus 25 min walk
Reply 71
oh that sounds grand! thanks very much!
Reply 72
Hey was wondering how likely it is that you get into the colleges/house of your preference. I personally would like to go to either Alcuin or Fairfax house. Whats the chance of being successful?
Deleuk
Hey was wondering how likely it is that you get into the colleges/house of your preference. I personally would like to go to either Alcuin or Fairfax house. Whats the chance of being successful?

i dono i asked for James but got stuck in Hallifax...n/m its cheeper & i'll see have a good time :smile:
I want to apply for Vanbrugh and I was wondering how realistic it would be to get a place there, everybody seems to be applying there :s-smilie:

Do you get a first choice and like a back-up choice when applying for a college?
Reply 75
Dewdrop<3
I want to apply for Vanbrugh and I was wondering how realistic it would be to get a place there, everybody seems to be applying there :s-smilie:

Do you get a first choice and like a back-up choice when applying for a college?

You rank your preferences 1-8 iirc
Reply 76
laser
You rank your preferences 1-8 iirc

Are you likely to get your first choice, or is it a lottery?
Reply 77
Teigan
Are you likely to get your first choice, or is it a lottery?

If more people specify one place as their first choice than others, then it is randomly assigned, and then the same is applied to second choice, etc
Reply 78
En-suite is overrated. College spirit is where it's at.
Reply 79
I was just wondering does anyone know if all colleges are made up of both flats and corridors accommodation wise?
which is more sociable? what is anyone else thinking of?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending