The Student Room Group

Dundee Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Farwa
Ohhh ok thank youuu what phone number did you use???

i hope its just offers so that i dont have to worry about a rejection when checking track... but thats just what i hope
i do think it will be offers and rejections..

This number: 01382 384697 :smile:

Has anyone heard anything today?
No news today!
Anyone else get their official offer letter via e-mail tonight? So exciting!

Fingers crossed for everyone who has yet to hear!
Original post by ChangedMyMind

Congratulations! No news for me yet.
Hopefully we'll only need to wait until at the latest friday (when an earlier poster said all offers would be given). Can't help but think admissions will turn round on friday though and say 'oh aye, you'll need to wait until next week now.' :tongue:

Good luck to everyone :smile:
The thing that is bugging me the most is what order they are giving the offers out in? It could be random, or is it best > worst? Anyone have any idea? It could also be UCAS number...
Reply 1006
Original post by why-hello-there
Hopefully we'll only need to wait until at the latest friday (when an earlier poster said all offers would be given). Can't help but think admissions will turn round on friday though and say 'oh aye, you'll need to wait until next week now.' :tongue:

Good luck to everyone :smile:

Oh I really hope not. I am really really desperate to hear!!!!
Original post by _Jasmine
The thing that is bugging me the most is what order they are giving the offers out in? It could be random, or is it best > worst? Anyone have any idea? It could also be UCAS number...

No idea - but I would be inclined to say it won't be based on something like UCAS number or last name, especially given people were not interviewed in that order or even invited to interview in that order.

It is more than likely not based on anything at all, but if it is anything I'd say they will follow the same metric they did for inviting to interview - those far over the line first, then those far behind the line, then those in the middle. But I would say that since I have an offer :wink:
Reply 1008
Original post by _Jasmine
This number: 01382 384697 :smile:

Has anyone heard anything today?

thank you

no one heard anything today :frown: i really hope they end out offers by friday
cant wait any longer!!!
Reply 1009

As a grad, did you get a quote for entry fees? Not sure but I was pleasantly surprised to see that Dundee appear to be charging me significantly less than I was expecting for 2012/2013.
anyone still waiting for feedback?
Original post by Vox0
As a grad, did you get a quote for entry fees? Not sure but I was pleasantly surprised to see that Dundee appear to be charging me significantly less than I was expecting for 2012/2013.

I'm a grad and it said £9037 which is what I was expecting as I am Rest of UK... are you Scottish?
Original post by Vox0

Yeah I saw that too and was pleasantly surprised - though I didn't think the scottish government had agreed fees yet? If that was the fees that would be great!
Reply 1013
Original post by feverdream
I'm a grad and it said £9037 which is what I was expecting as I am Rest of UK... are you Scottish?

I am from Scotland yes, so I have to pay 4 years of fees I believe, but I was expecting something like 2,795 per year but have been quoted significantly less than that per year.

Yeah I saw that too and was pleasantly surprised - though I didn't think the scottish government had agreed fees yet? If that was the fees that would be great!

Couldn't say, just had a look through my other choices' websites and they are all charging more or have not decided on fee status. But it looks too me that Dundee have already decided what to charge us right? If (and it's a big if) I get other offers then that could be a huge swing in favour for Dundee!
Reply 1014

I was also surprised to see the low figure on my letter! Is it right? If so, HAPPY DAYS :smile:
Original post by Vox0
I am from Scotland yes, so I have to pay 4 years of fees I believe, but I was expecting something like 2,795 per year but have been quoted significantly less than that per year.

Couldn't say, just had a look through my other choices' websites and they are all charging more or have not decided on fee status. But it looks too me that Dundee have already decided what to charge us right? If (and it's a big if) I get other offers then that could be a huge swing in favour for Dundee!

Aaah, Rest of UK racism. Slowly but surely putting me off Dundee.

:redface:
Reply 1016
Original post by feverdream
Aaah, Rest of UK racism. Slowly but surely putting me off Dundee.

:redface:

Don't get me wrong, I was preparing myself to pay full price for a medical course with my own funds, even for a 9k/year course in England. But if Dundee want to charge me less than every other course to study there then its just another thing to add to the growing list of reasons to study at Dundee :biggrin:.
Has anyone got offers today or yesterday?
Reply 1018
Original post by Annie2129
Has anyone got offers today or yesterday?

nope hope something comes out tomorrow...
its friday they gave out offers last friday so maybe they will do that again this friday??
hope so
Reply 1019
Original post by Farwa
nope hope something comes out tomorrow...
its friday they gave out offers last friday so maybe they will do that again this friday??
hope so

Is Friday the last day of offers then does anyone know?

Quick Reply

Latest