The Student Room Group

CAMBERWELL- Advice needed

Hi everyone

I had an interview for the BA Illustration but hadnt heard anything back. When I emailed to find out when a decision would be made i got this reply. I was wondering if anyone knew what this might fully mean or has anyone else been in this position?

Dear Amy,

All offers for BA Illustration have already been uploaded to UCAS Track. If you have not received any updates on UCAS then you may have been entered into our pool this allows candidates to be considered for similar courses if they did not meet the standard for their first choice. Further information about the pool system will be sent to applicants next week.

Best Wishes,

Camberwell Admissions
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Amylou19
Hi everyone

I had an interview for the BA Illustration but hadnt heard anything back. When I emailed to find out when a decision would be made i got this reply. I was wondering if anyone knew what this might fully mean or has anyone else been in this position?

Dear Amy,

All offers for BA Illustration have already been uploaded to UCAS Track. If you have not received any updates on UCAS then you may have been entered into our pool this allows candidates to be considered for similar courses if they did not meet the standard for their first choice. Further information about the pool system will be sent to applicants next week.

Best Wishes,

Camberwell Admissions

Sorry, I dont have any advice other than call them .... ??

I applied to Fine Art BA, I remember reading somewhere that if you dont get in the course you want they might put you forward for other courses in Camberwell or UAL - but I couldnt figure out how that would work exactly!

Now Im worried cause I havent heard back from camberwell after my interview 4 weeks ago and I really want to go there! :s-smilie:

Post how you got on, Id be really curious to find out if they offered you another course! fingers crossed for you.... :smile:
Reply 2
Hey KED

This is all pretty scary, although i guess its better than a straight rejection. Same though, i wonder how theyll go about it. I know a few peolple who havent heard back from them yet either. Im going to wait till the end of next week and then if they still havent replied ill give them a call. I really want to go Camberwell too :/ Would you mind going to any of the other UAL colleges?

Ill let you now if they get back to me, you do too :smile:
Reply 3
Hey KED

This is all pretty scary, although i guess its better than a straight rejection. Same though, i wonder how theyll go about it. I know a few peolple who havent heard back from them yet either. Im going to wait till the end of next week and then if they still havent replied ill give them a call. I really want to go Camberwell too :/ Would you mind going to any of the other UAL colleges?

Ill let you now if they get back to me, you do too :smile:

Im waiting to hear back from Camberwell, Chelsea & CSM - Camberwell is my first choice but Ive been wavering a bit thinking about CSM (I really like their XD pathway), my interview at Chelsea felt really good but I cant stop thinking about their lack of printing and darkroom facilities so they fall to the bottom at the moment.

TBH Ill be ecstatic just to get an offer from any of them! I emailed Camberwell today to ask if they could indicate when Id hear anything ...... :confused: This has all been so stressful I just want it to be over so I can properly focus on my work!

Def let me know how you're getting on..... :smile:
Reply 4
Same here, id be pretty happy to go to any one of them. Someone told me that if they dont offer you a place on the BA they might offer you one on the Fda, but i wouldnt want to do that.

Oh let me know if they get back to you. I know isnt it, i just want an answer :frown: Checking my emails like 10 times a day haha.

Are you from london?

Good luck!
Reply 5
Thank you :smile:

I am from London, in fact I live just a short walk from Camberwell (huge plus), how about you? I wouldnt wnat to do an Fda either, Im an older student so dont want to extend things any longer than I have to!

yup, I have manic email checking obsession as well..... :s-smilie:
Reply 6
I was thinking this myself, although if it came too it i guess i might do it. With the Fda you can do the two years and then apply for the 3rd year of the BA, so you get a degree at the end of it anyway. I dont know, id rather just do the BA but all depends what they decide now...

Im 20 and from Liverpool, a little more than a short walk ahah

Same i think im becoming a little obsessed :tongue: I cant wait to know where I'm going so I can just relax. Finding it hard to work and concentrate because its alls i think about.
Reply 7
I was thinking this myself, although if it came too it i guess i might do it. With the Fda you can do the two years and then apply for the 3rd year of the BA, so you get a degree at the end of it anyway. I dont know, id rather just do the BA but all depends what they decide now...

Im 20 and from Liverpool, a little more than a short walk ahah

Same i think im becoming a little obsessed :tongue: I cant wait to know where I'm going so I can just relax. Finding it hard to work and concentrate because its alls i think about.

My track got updated in the wee hours..... Camberwell have offered me a place!!! The bizzare thing is they've offered me sculpture even though I applied for painting - Im really glad though cause I was becoming disillusioned with painting anyway. Im so relieved..... Kepping my fingers crossed for you! :smile:
Reply 8
Oh wow thats so good! Well done Ked!!! Glad for you :smile:

Lets pray they offer me something. Had my Bristol interview today which i think went well.

Anyway ill let you know when i get that dreaded answer off Camberwell :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest