The Student Room Group

2012 Higher Physics Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by sanaad
Aah, I completely agree. Such a terrible exam! And I'm much better at maths than I am physics! Lawl, this should be fun.........

Ditto. If anything, I was dreading Physics and thought Maths would turn out ok... Aw man. :frown:
Started the year going for a C6 then got a B3 in first prelim and an A1 in the second! Spooky how much I think the course gets easier through time just thinking things through about what you have learned
Reply 82
:/ im scared !!! DARN

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 83
does anyone know if the exams from before 2000 were easier/harder than now? would it be worth even doing those past papers? also, does anyone know all the theory that would come up? or any links that show all the potential graph questions? thanks :smile:
Reply 84
Can anyone help. Left my jotter at school. Do capacitors pass AC and block DC or block DC and pass AC
Thanks
Reply 85
Original post by benten17
Can anyone help. Left my jotter at school. Do capacitors pass AC and block DC or block DC and pass AC
Thanks

they block dc if im not mistaken:smile:

Reply 86
Original post by Reece:)
they block dc if im not mistaken:smile:

Thanks. That's the one fact I always forget.:colondollar:
Reply 87
Thanks. That's the one fact I always forget.:colondollar:

and its the only one i remember:L :P i need to start on my physics stuff... maybe tomorrow :P

I've just had my last session with my Physics tutor, aw he had good banter and was really helpful :smile: gonna be majorly cramming after History on Friday, meh!
Reply 89
Original post by hollieeilloh
I've just had my last session with my Physics tutor, aw he had good banter and was really helpful :smile: gonna be majorly cramming after History on Friday, meh!

:frown:! ill join you with that... even though im not taking history haha! i know unit 1 and 3 pretty well, i need a serious brush up on unit 2 though:/!

Reply 90
and its the only one i remember:L :P i need to start on my physics stuff... maybe tomorrow :P

I thought the exact same last night. As of yet I've had a quick 'think' about some parts of the course I'm a bit more confused in but nothing else. I think 3 exams was more than enough for me, these next 2 will be a struggle to revise for:smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 91
I thought the exact same last night. As of yet I've had a quick 'think' about some parts of the course I'm a big more confused in but nothing else. I think 3 exams was more than enough for me, these next 2 will be a struggle to revise for:smile:

what else ya got left :smile:? iv had 4 so this is my last :smile: need to do well in it :tongue:!

Reply 92
what else ya got left :smile:? iv had 4 so this is my last :smile: need to do well in it :tongue:!

Physics and computing on the 31st, although that won't require too much work as I got pretty high in the coursework. So at 3:30 on Monday your free!:colondollar: cannot wait to get out of computing
:frown:! ill join you with that... even though im not taking history haha! i know unit 1 and 3 pretty well, i need a serious brush up on unit 2 though:/!

Haha from what I've seen on maths etc you're a wee genius, well done for maths by the way :smile: yeah exactly, think I've done most of the past papers so gonna try and look over notes/do problems and all that shiz
Reply 94
Physics and computing on the 31st, although that won't require too much work as I got pretty high in the coursework. So at 3:30 on Monday your free!:colondollar: cannot wait to get out of computing

yesss! until thursday and im back at school ahaaa:frown:! computing should be alright:smile:?

Reply 95
Haha from what I've seen on maths etc you're a wee genius, well done for maths by the way :smile: yeah exactly, think I've done most of the past papers so gonna try and look over notes/do problems and all that shiz

haha, thanks very much, you too:biggrin:! i need to do some more past papers tbh, and im not quite as good at physics as maths:') need to learn my theory a little :P

haha, thanks very much, you too:biggrin:! i need to do some more past papers tbh, and im not quite as good at physics as maths:') need to learn my theory a little :P

Hahah still if you were anything as good as you were at maths you'd still be fine :smile: yeah same, the calculations are mostly fine, just theory etc :frown:!
Reply 97
yesss! until thursday and im back at school ahaaa:frown:! computing should be alright:smile:?

Next Thursday? We get the following week off even though there are no exams. Yeh, hopefully:wink:
Reply 98
Next Thursday? We get the following week off even though there are no exams. Yeh, hopefully:wink:

yeah, next thursday, and im only there for 1 day also as we have the friday monday tuesday off haha? my school dont think:L well not gonna argue, better than being bored:smile:

Reply 99
Hahah still if you were anything as good as you were at maths you'd still be fine :smile: yeah same, the calculations are mostly fine, just theory etc :frown:!

yeah my problem too:P o well we shall get there :biggrin:!

Quick Reply

Latest