The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by G8D
It's time to play: Name That Connector!

Micro HDMI?
Reply 2741
Original post by G8D
It's time to play: Name That Connector!

I'm pretty sure that's a USB micro-AB connector. Not to be confused with USB micro-B. AB is commonly used on cameras even now, so if you need a replacement cable your best bet is probably Jessops or something.

Edit: See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB#Host_interface_receptacles
(edited 11 years ago)
I was about to say that it looks like the port off my Granddad's digital camera and the wire is lurking around this house somewhere, let me have a look tomorrow.

Also, I wish RIM would just die
http://gizmodo.com/5923657/9-reasons-why-rims-ceo-is-totally-delusional

RIM are in the headless chicken stage right now- They may as well be dead, it's just a case of waiting for the body to stop flailing.
Agreed
Original post by Mad Vlad
What's going to happen to the most irritating man ever conceived in UK advertising!? :zomg:

This ended up being extremely disappointing :erm:
After nine months doing surveys for a website I finally get the necessary amount of points to claim my first voucher, and now I have to wait up to another two weeks for it to get sent to me, typical :unimpressed:
"Extremely" is an extreme understatement. :mad:
Reply 2748
haha ul

if interested get "GetJam" an iOS app

watch ads, get credits which can be turned into paypal money, amazon voucher, iTunes voucher or Topup money

They actually send the money as well :eek:
Original post by Mad Vlad
"Extremely" is an extreme understatement. :mad:

Hopefully there's a post-watershed, uncut version yet to be aired. I'm not a fan of films like Saw at all but I won't be happy until he's missing a limb!
Original post by mangoh
haha ul

if interested get "GetJam" an iOS app

watch ads, get credits which can be turned into paypal money, amazon voucher, iTunes voucher or Topup money

They actually send the money as well :eek:

I will be once my Nexus 7 arrives [=
Reply 2751
Yay, got a PHP job! Only downside is that most of my day today has been spent searching for flats in London at short notice. :/
Reply 2752
Don't know if you can get on Andorid but okay!
Original post by mangoh
Don't know if you can get on Andorid but okay!

According to their website they have apps for iOS, Android and Blackberry.
Reply 2754
Speaking of survey sites, anyone ever used Valued Opinions?
Original post by RyJ
Speaking of survey sites, anyone ever used Valued Opinions?

This is the best survey site I've come across, I'm averaging a £10 a month now. Are you already signed up?
Reply 2756
Eww I tried ValuedOpinions before. I think its crap if i'm honest "you did not qualify for this survey"
Reply 2757
I signed up earlier today, but apparently there aren't any surveys available.. :rolleyes:
Reply 2758
Gofre share your skills!
I forgot why I avoid the tech sections of newspaper websites until today, everything gets referred to as an iPad killer or Apple challenger :dry:

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I've got that for every single survey I've attempted. :sad:

Original post by mangoh
Eww I tried ValuedOpinions before. I think its crap if i'm honest "you did not qualify for this survey"

Really? I get accepted for more than I get rejected, for example since the 1st of July I've been paid for 6 of the 8 that I've been invited to.

Also, thanks for using my referral links guys :unimpressed: