The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Sport clubs Lincoln 2012/2013

Was just wondering who will be joining any sport clubs in September? :smile: I have been looking on the Lincoln Student Union website and there are loads to choose from and i have no idea which one's to pick :P. I have played netball for 8 years but i am thinking of trying a new sport out. Or are there any current students who play a sport at uni who can tell me what are the best clubs to join? Also do you get to go abroad with any of the sports clubs, some of my friends at uni at the moment have been to some brill places with there uni clubs :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Kay-Cooper
Was just wondering who will be joining any sport clubs in September? :smile: I have been looking on the Lincoln Student Union website and there are loads to choose from and i have no idea which one's to pick :P. I have played netball for 8 years but i am thinking of trying a new sport out. Or are there any current students who play a sport at uni who can tell me what are the best clubs to join? Also do you get to go abroad with any of the sports clubs, some of my friends at uni at the moment have been to some brill places with there uni clubs :smile:

I'm hoping to either do hockey or badminton but from experience at home hockey has a mental social aspect!
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
If anybody has any questions about joining Snow Sports - feel free to give me a shout! :smile:

I have a post up in this forum with all the main details.
Reply 3
I'm hoping to start handball this year, never played it so wanted to give it a try out, in my 2nd year at Lincoln now and people have said that the social side of clubs are pretty good. We did well in our Varsity games as well if i remember right.
I'd highly recommend everyone joins a team or society (even if its not snowsports :P) and actively attends socials as often as possible.

I joined snowsports in my first year and have never missed a social or trip yet, and its the best decision I could possibly have made while at uni, and now I'm running it!

Being part of a team you make so many friends besides just your flatmates/coursemates so its well worth it, even if you have to part with a bit of cash in the process.
Reply 5
Ultimte frisbee is what i have been playing the past few years and it is amazingly fun and social, our page is : https://www.facebook.com/groups/170714466336648/
Reply 6
Are there any jiujitsu clubs ?

I know they have Shotokan, but am unsure if they got this.
What types of sports are there? I love rugby so i hope there will be a rugby team :biggrin:
Reply 8
ive always wanted to try my hand at squash or surfing, so if there are societies for them i may join, or maybe rounders seeing as thats the only sport im actually good at :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by Oliver_Samuals
What types of sports are there? I love rugby so i hope there will be a rugby team :biggrin:

They have several union/league teams. There is a sport society for just about every sport you can think of.
Reply 10
Original post by Lincoln Snow
I'd highly recommend everyone joins a team or society (even if its not snowsports :P) and actively attends socials as often as possible.

I joined snowsports in my first year and have never missed a social or trip yet, and its the best decision I could possibly have made while at uni, and now I'm running it!

Being part of a team you make so many friends besides just your flatmates/coursemates so its well worth it, even if you have to part with a bit of cash in the process.

What snowsports are there? :smile: I'm joining in September hopefully!
Hey Paris, I've replied to your other post in our snowsports thread :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by loulou111
ive always wanted to try my hand at squash or surfing, so if there are societies for them i may join, or maybe rounders seeing as thats the only sport im actually good at :biggrin:

I defo want to join rounders :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
football, rounders, badminton, hockey, whatever i can get into really.

oh and definitely ultimate frisbee!!! i just hope i don't do a will :tongue:
Reply 14
Original post by bananassplit
football, rounders, badminton, hockey, whatever i can get into really.

oh and definitely ultimate frisbee!!! i just hope i don't do a will :tongue:

I have a massive list of clubs that I want to join, but hope that they all don't clash and I will have enough time! And you have to to love the inbetweeners :biggrin:

Joining 10x clubs may seem like a good idea now but all the clubs that compete have a pretty hefty joining fee so it might be best to just pick 1 or 2 :smile:
Reply 16
I had a nightmare last year, missed the basketball and futsal trials, got through football trials then strained my quad pretty bad which put me out until November.

Take a look on Lincoln SU's website there's a list of all the teams/societies on there. You may want to pick only one or two though because last year most of the trials were in freshers week. I can't decide between: basketball, futsal, football and handball, wouldn't mind getting back into gymnastics (can you see how this many trials in one week is a bad idea!)

It's worth knowing also that a lot of teams have 'competitive' and 'social' teams depending which you prefer!
Reply 17
I am joining the Snowsports team then thinking the football team :smile: i like the sound of surfing too :tongue: what clubs are good for social aspects too? Does the joining fee include kits? And the frisbee looks good :smile::smile:

Reply 18
How are the martial arts clubs ?
I would love to get into netball again, haven't played it for 2 years but I think I can still play it :smile: hockey and volleyball would be great too :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest