The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Every year I say I'm going to put more consistent effort in, and every year it lasts about 2 weeks.
Reply 41
Yup, I've said the same a fair few times :p:

Sixth Form is such a darg, my motivation is non-existent.
Reply 42
Im motivated in all classes exept english lit. That one is killing me.

At A level the thing I worked hardest in (Chemistry) I got the worst grades in, and the subject I did no work in (English Lit) I got top marks in (100%)
So the answer is... don't do any work :awesome:

And yay - the thread is fixed!
Reply 44
Craghyrax
Yay - its fixed!

What was broken?
DayneD89
What was broken?

This thread. After I started it instead of Morgan.
Craggy - every time I see your rep it seems to have another yellow gem. A flashing one next surely?
Reply 47
Craghyrax
This thread. After I started it instead of Morgan.

Oh, right. Yer, morgan realy wanted it :-)
Student2806
Craggy - every time I see your rep it seems to have another yellow gem. A flashing one next surely?

Erm.. I only got the sixth at the beginning of this month, so I'm still years away from a disco gym. Read: I will never have a disco gem.
But trust me, I'm surprised to be on my sixth too! :lolwut:

Incidentally, you stole my country :poke:
Venezuela is awesome! :adore:
Reply 49
Disco jems are imposible :-S

Im having enough trouble getting a yellow.

Mods: im commenting, not rep whoring.
Lol, I remember getting seriously :whip: in here (I mean old chat thread) about a year ago when certain *cough* ukebert *cough* people kept on discussing it.

Student: I think I remembered you as having more rep than you do :hmmmm: Maybe its the stern avatar :p: It looks as though its high rep and means business..

Anyway.. nice to meet you Dayne :hello:
I've got to go to bed - got a shedload of work to do tomorrow :frown:

:goodnight:
Reply 51
Night. Tbh i should sleep. Damn insomnia.
Craghyrax
Student: I think I remembered you as having more rep than you do :hmmmm: Maybe its the stern avatar :p: It looks as though its high rep and means business.

No, this is the highest it's ever been.
Actually the Larry David avatar has got me quite a lot of + rep. People seem to love him.
Reply 53
wackysparkle
ah.. just realised.. there is a new thread!... jeez that took some finding out what with the half end conversations I was reading into :ninja:

How is everybody then? As stressed out and about to faint like me? :smile: So much for an easter break :huff:

Not stressed, but having just got back to Cambridge I have now realised just how much work I should have done over the holidays and how much I actually did... I worked very hard for the most part, but I still barely scratched the surface.

Craghyrax
Lol, I remember getting seriously :whip: in here (I mean old chat thread) about a year ago when certain *cough* ukebert *cough* people kept on discussing it.

:o: Unfortunately I am very close to the next gold, but not close enough for only one or two people to get it to me, so it's not worth whoring.
wackysparkle
ah.. just realised.. there is a new thread!... jeez that took some finding out what with the half end conversations I was reading into :ninja:
wackysparkle!!!!!!! :jumphug:
#0099ff

How is everybody then? As stressed out and about to faint like me? :smile: So much for an easter break :huff:
Yeh, pretty much :stickyman:
Reply 55
I'm sure one day, years from now, we will all look back on our exam days with nostalgia. Possibly :ninja:
Reply 56
I dont mind exams. Its coursework that kills me.
geetar: That's not unlikely. I met up with an old college friend over the Easter vac, and we had fun reminiscing about hours of revision together, competing with eachother to spout out the most balanced chemical equations, name reagents and catalysts, etc. :ninja2:
DayneD89
I dont mind exams. Its coursework that kills me.

Come to Cambridge :dry: The University places a limit on the percentage of coursework any course may offer, and its lower than most :hmpf:
I'm the complete opposite - I'd do no exams if it were possible.
Reply 58
Nice to see people talking :-) And :wave: to Crag and WS!

Same as Crag - I hate exams, with a passion, coursework is simple by comparison. Take my time, think it through...
Back in GCSE, I thought I might get an A* or two, ended up getting 8, all in c/w heavy subjects.

If I over-revise, my brain literally shuts down, so I like taking it easy.

Hmm...top 20 in the last thread, behind the man most despeate to win :wink:

I might be around in 2012. My course is 4 years and I might do even more postgrad after that.
Mind you, this just means we've got to keep talking, encouraging others to join in and get there by the end of next year :wink:
Reply 59
Coursework just takes too long. Id rather have an exam and get it done with.