The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

So is bangor going to have a pretty crazy freshers :P?

osoooo
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Get ready for freshers flu... It is what you make it. If you want to go all out carnage there's plenty of people who will be doing the same and places to do it. if you want a nice relaxed week, theres plenty of places to do that too.
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Bangor is not a clubbing town. Freshers week gets a bit crazy but nothing like the bigger cities. If you want a hangover every morning of Freshers week, it's certainly achievable though. The great thing about Bangor is it's really easy to do a pub crawl as there's only like... 5 places to drink.
Reply 3
Ive got to say bangor must be one of the best places to do a pub crawl! If you start at paddy's in upper bangor theres plenty of pubs up there to goto, then down bitch hill. Alternativley if you start in lower bangor in Piranha and work your way along if you find yourself going for a drink in every bar along the way you will defenitley be waking up with a hangover.

What bangor lacks in clubs i see the pubs more than make up for it.

The biggest difference you will see if you come from a big city will be how early places close, you will find the time you would usually be heading to a club will be the time your going home in bangor. Thats the major flaw from my point of view.
Reply 4
fdd
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by mikerc92
sounds kinda worrying :/ So is there a student union we can go to after pubs shut? are there any clubs and does it mean we're all gonna have to start some hall parties? hah

Not quite. There is a new club apparently on Deniol Road and we're *supposed* to be getting a new SU but last I heard they had planning permission (that took a year to go through) but hadn't started work on it yet. In freshers there are a lot of hall parties, just be respectful and don't stay too late - people do have 9ams in freshers!
Reply 6
you seem to know so much, thanks :smile:
Freshers begins the day we move in unofficially and then pubs/club(s?) on the sunday then is it?
I can't wait any longer lol
Reply 7
On facebook, theres something about a pub crawl - £9, you get a t-shirt and drinks offers all night on the moving in day - Sunday. x
Original post by stephieex
On facebook, theres something about a pub crawl - £9, you get a t-shirt and drinks offers all night on the moving in day - Sunday. x

Given that Carnage got banned for being too loud and rowdy, I'm gonna go with a wow.

That new club might not be around for a long time if it's starting stuff like that...
Yeh 2 new clubs are opening the new SU that is in robinson building and also The Embassy which is this place on deiniol road. If you are interested in this event on the sunday here is a link to the website: http://www.fatsoma.com/tickets/the-official-bangor-fresh-moving-in-party/throughout-bangor/wales/e50711?r=1681525472 can't say how good it will be but some of the drinks offers seem decent.

The pubs in Bangor are really good as another poster has stated and also with the two new clubs opening there should be some decent nights out over freshers week and beyond :smile:
Bangor's a good night out :smile:
You can either stay in lower Bangor all night i.e start at Wetherspoons early-ish and then move on to Yates, Varsity, Yellow and then down to the other end where Octagon/Base is (if you like clubbing) or you can start in Upper Bangor where there's more student pubs like Rascals and Paddy's.
It's not got much of a choice for clubbing but all the pubs are really good.
And I hope the freshers pub crawl thing works out, it's good when people actually stick together to make an event work!
Reply 11
ddd
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by mikerc92
babygirl thaaank you
Thanks han and steph too, i really hope this uni isn't very quiet

Everybody will be wanting to enjoy Freshers just like any other uni in a big city so don't worry :smile: sure there will be loads of parties in halls with around 2,000 students living in them too!
Reply 13
awesome :smile:
Reply 14
People above saying bangor has 5 pubs are talking absolute bull ****
Upper bangor is nice for a more relaxed drink, you have the menai, the greek, belle view, rascals and my personal fave paddy's.
Then in town you have larger pubs spoons, varsity for example and loads of smaller pubs which although more local oriented are actually ok. We have a new club opening this september but originally it was occy or base although you may as well have a party in your flat if you want to go to base :smile: Bangor is by no means quiet! Obviously dont expect it to be like any big city night out. We lived in garth halls so had 20+ of us having a party in the corridor/rooms before heading out at night, this happenned in freshers right through to leaving for the end of the year. Personally i lived mostly off alcohol through freshers and espite the fresjers flu i loved it all, cant wait to pretend im younger than i am for round 2 in a few weeks.
Reply 15
I'm actually looking forward to it. The Law society is having a cops and robbers night so should be good! :biggrin: x
awwww man I'm so excited :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by sjt4689
Ive got to say bangor must be one of the best places to do a pub crawl! If you start at paddy's in upper bangor theres plenty of pubs up there to goto, then down bitch hill. Alternativley if you start in lower bangor in Piranha and work your way along if you find yourself going for a drink in every bar along the way you will defenitley be waking up with a hangover.

What bangor lacks in clubs i see the pubs more than make up for it.

The biggest difference you will see if you come from a big city will be how early places close, you will find the time you would usually be heading to a club will be the time your going home in bangor. Thats the major flaw from my point of view.

:lol:
Original post by Shippy
:lol:

Your laughing now.. you won't when you are attempting to walk up it :wink:
Original post by hannmatt92
Your laughing now.. you won't when you are attempting to walk up it :wink:

Esp. in high heels :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest