The Student Room Group

PMP's Transformation Blog

Scroll to see replies

Dinner.

50g grilled bacon (fat cut off)
100g tinned tomatoes
1 small slice toast

conclusion : could have done with a fried egg haha. sadly that isn't allowed.

Have also had 10 grapes today.

Still to eat : 10 more grapes, and a muller light.
Poor thing, having to eat such uninspiring dinners! Btw, do you not like brown bread? Not suggesting you should eat it, I just wanted to declare my love for brown bread :colone:
Original post by whitepearlbaby
Poor thing, having to eat such uninspiring dinners! Btw, do you not like brown bread? Not suggesting you should eat it, I just wanted to declare my love for brown bread :colone:

I like any and all types of bread. Phil prefers white. Kids don't care. We usually buy WW white, but tesco had none of that the other day, so this is kingsmill 50/50 crusts away.
This morning's weight : identical to yeserday morning's weight.

breakfast : 30g cornflakes

Lunch:
haddock fillet
miniature new potatoes
veggies
verdict : tasty, thanks to the fish seasoning. Would be bland without it though, but it was nice as it was :smile:

no idea what tonight's meal will be. Shall cross that bridge when I get to it.
Well dinner was the same as last night's dinner. Because I really couldn't be arsed making owt else!
this morning's weight :

10 stone 7lbs 4oz

two ounces less than yesterday.

Had my 30g cornflakes. Not sure what I will have later.
Reply 86
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I like any and all types of bread. Phil prefers white. Kids don't care. We usually buy WW white, but tesco had none of that the other day, so this is kingsmill 50/50 crusts away.

Have you tried Hovis "Best of Both" range of breads?

Has the benefits of wheat or brown bread but looks and taste just like white bread.

Been craving for this bread for a good 2 months, finally got my fix over the weekend. It's a rather unique taste and I must really control myself with this otherwise the whole loaf can be eaten in one single sitting... whoops.

Glad to see you're making progress with your diet.
I'm confused as to how a fried egg isn't allowed; cook it in a non-stick pan and there is nothing unhealthy about it at all, just really good quality protein and fat!

confused.com
Original post by commandant
I'm confused as to how a fried egg isn't allowed; cook it in a non-stick pan and there is nothing unhealthy about it at all, just really good quality protein and fat!

confused.com

well even if I did that, then I'd have to not have bacon with it. Sort of defeats the whole "bacon and egg" craving.
Okay, so, yesterday's lunch was the bacon thing again, and dinner was chicken, rice, sweetcorn and onion (with a sprinkling of curry powder).
I changed my fruit from just being grapes all the time. Sunday I had grapes for my first portion, and an apple for my second.
Yesterday I had a pear for my first portion, and grapes for my second.

This morning's weight : 10 stone 7lbs 0oz - so I've dropped 4oz since yesterday.

Total weight loss since the start of the contest : 3lbs 4oz

Went shopping yesterday and bought myself some sultana bran, which is what I have just had for breakfast. Makes a change from cornflakes!
Original post by Herr
Have you tried Hovis "Best of Both" range of breads?

Has the benefits of wheat or brown bread but looks and taste just like white bread.

Been craving for this bread for a good 2 months, finally got my fix over the weekend. It's a rather unique taste and I must really control myself with this otherwise the whole loaf can be eaten in one single sitting... whoops.

Glad to see you're making progress with your diet.

I've tried it before yeh. I don't personally care which bread I get lol.
so, lunch was salmon, miniature new potatoes, sweetcorn, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower.
dinner was haddock fillet, rice, onion, sweetcorn and peas

just had 20 grapes

still to have : muller light. Think I'm gonna go with toffee flavour today :smile:
ok this diet is officially driving me nuts. I want EVERYTHING I can't have. *nuts wall*

My husband, on the other hand, seems to be sailing along with it perfectly happily, and says he is very content eating all the bland dinners we've had this week. There's some irony in there somewhere.
This morning's weight :

10 stone 6lbs 8oz

I've officially hit normal BMI! WOOOO!

In other news, my husband's op is not going ahead after all.

Does this mean the end of the pre-op diet? No, because we're ****ing lunatics who apparently enjoy torturing ourselves for the sake of losing weight.

So onward I plod with it.
This morning's weight :

10 stone 6lbs 8oz

I've officially hit normal BMI! WOOOO!

In other news, my husband's op is not going ahead after all.

Does this mean the end of the pre-op diet? No, because we're ****ing lunatics who apparently enjoy torturing ourselves for the sake of losing weight.

So onward I plod with it.

sorry it isnt going ahead, why is it not going ahead?

how long you carrying on with it?
Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
sorry it isnt going ahead, why is it not going ahead?

how long you carrying on with it?

he has cellulitis in his leg which needs to be gotten rid of first.

We're gonna carry on with it until the end of Wednesday as we would have done anyway, and see how we feel after that. We might stick to something similar for most days from now on as it does get the weight off (but maybe not be quite so anal about not being able to cook with fry light for example, and maybe have a bit of sauce (though not a lot) to make dishes less bland.
Much as I hate to admit it (because I hate the diet), this diet is really working for the weight loss. He's dropped from 28 stone 10lbs to 27 stone 2lbs in six days!
he has cellulitis in his leg which needs to be gotten rid of first.

We're gonna carry on with it until the end of Wednesday as we would have done anyway, and see how we feel after that. We might stick to something similar for most days from now on as it does get the weight off (but maybe not be quite so anal about not being able to cook with fry light for example, and maybe have a bit of sauce (though not a lot) to make dishes less bland.
Much as I hate to admit it (because I hate the diet), this diet is really working for the weight loss. He's dropped from 28 stone 10lbs to 27 stone 2lbs in six days!

wow, well done to him

could he not just continue the diet any way instead of getting the OP, then when he gets some weight off he could start working out maybe?
Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
wow, well done to him

could he not just continue the diet any way instead of getting the OP, then when he gets some weight off he could start working out maybe?

yeh that's what he's thinking of doing. he doesn't actually really want the op now after all that, he thinks he can lose it himself. maybe he can. I dunno, he's lost 6 stone in 14 months. I mean, he's had slip-ups, but he seems to be over them now. If he could do it without surgery that would be the safer option for him.
yeh that's what he's thinking of doing. he doesn't actually really want the op now after all that, he thinks he can lose it himself. maybe he can. I dunno, he's lost 6 stone in 14 months. I mean, he's had slip-ups, but he seems to be over them now. If he could do it without surgery that would be the safer option for him.

i wish him all the luck in the world and you too for your weight loss

Quick Reply

Latest