The Student Room Group

House Mate 'noise' problem

Hey,
I'm having some issues with the girl who lives next door to me who tends to be a bit on the loud side during the night and although I can deal with and sleep through the music and television programmes she plays at night there's one thing that she tends to do more than 3/4 times a week which is having sex EXTREMELY loudly with various boys from the campus.

I've already spoken to her about it and the accommodation officer but nothing has come of it. I was just wondering if any of you may have any suggestions as to how to deal with this? I'm getting fed up of it and I've been falling asleep during the day which is seriously getting on my nerves as I've ended up missing a few lectures, friends, clubs and all sorts because of it =/

I have tried to move out but they don't have any other rooms on campus and the local landlords don't have any spare rooms either. I don't want to drop out of the course but it's getting to the point where I might have to due to how behind on work I am plus I might need to pass the first year in order to transfer onto a different course at another university.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ask her again, politely.

And if she doesn't comply, record the noises and play it loudly whenever she's trying to sleep?
Earplugs!
give her http://crabrevenge.com/, she wouldn't wanna **** after that
Join in :wink:
What they said.
Reply 6
Keep pressuring authorities until they give her an ultimatum. She must be violating terms of the contract, which usually has a noise-after-such-and-such clause for just this reason.

Failing that, I like the idea of sabotage.
On a serious note keep a diary, keep asking her and keep telling the authorities. Continue to take it higher until you see something being done.
Original post by SirRamAlot

HOLY ****
This is the greatest site i have ever seen. I'm just going to wait for someone to wrong me so i can give them crabs
Reply 9
Tell her it sounds like fun and could you join in?

Or more seriously just go to the libary if you want to work, she cant be having that much sex for that long that its the sole reason you are behind on your work.
Reply 10
Which university is this?
OP you sound bitter, how do you know it's 'various' different boys, in fact even if it is, why do you need to mention it?

Sound like you're not getting none and you're frustrated.
Yeah, as someone above has said - Keep a good diary of the incidents so when the Uni ask what the problem is you can show them some evidence. Maybe take a few videos/record the noise as proof.

Your argument will be a lot more substantial if you have the evidence to prove your point.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Rananagirl
Ask her again, politely.

And if she doesn't comply, record the noises and play it loudly whenever she's trying to sleep?

I've been doing that even the sound playing at about 8am in the morning, got to say I've had some fun moments doing that especially when she came to me and shouted at me to turn it down XD

Original post by daniellelouise
Earplugs!

I have extremely awkward ear problems so I can't use them =/

Original post by Dont Tread On Me
Join in :wink:

Erm I don't know where she's been so I wouldn't want to risk getting any STI's or STD's that she might have:P

Original post by SirRamAlot

Oh my goodness that is probably the best thing I have seen XD I think I may do this and see what happens ;D

Original post by Schemilix
Keep pressuring authorities until they give her an ultimatum. She must be violating terms of the contract, which usually has a noise-after-such-and-such clause for just this reason.

Failing that, I like the idea of sabotage.

I've been pressuring them since the beginning of November by giving them daily visits but they're a load of t**ts

Original post by The_master616
On a serious note keep a diary, keep asking her and keep telling the authorities. Continue to take it higher until you see something being done.

I've been keeping a diary since the end of November/ beginning of December when it all began. I've been the highest that I can go in terms of accommodation, I can't get to the head of the University as he's 'not involved within these issues of the University' -.-
In light of this the only solution is to punch her in the crotch.
Reply 15
Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude
OP you sound bitter, how do you know it's 'various' different boys, in fact even if it is, why do you need to mention it?

Sound like you're not getting none and you're frustrated.

Or, she wants to do well at university without being disrupted endlessly *gasps*

You need to readdress your priorities judging by your last comment, mate.
Original post by Iron Lady
Or, she wants to do well at university without being disrupted endlessly *gasps*

You need to readdress your priorities judging by your last comment, mate.

Everyone knows people only want sex. Sex all the time.

Damn.

I want some sex. Right now. How dare other people have sex! :mad: Anyone wanting to study is jealous because they have are not having sex. Sex. :frown:
Reply 17
Industrial strength earplugs. Seriously.
Reply 18
Whilst she is actually having sex, loudly bang on the door and tell her to "STFU". Works like a charm. If she gets upset, suggest she go shag the guys in their rooms instead of her place. Problem solved :yy:
Original post by Riderz
Tell her it sounds like fun and could you join in?

Or more seriously just go to the libary if you want to work, she cant be having that much sex for that long that its the sole reason you are behind on your work.

Meh you'd think -.- the shortest it's gone on for is an hour and a half and the longest is roughly 3 maybe 4 hours

When it's about 4 times each week it can affect me a hell of a lot especially when I need about 10 hours sleep to allow me to concentrate on my work let alone be able to keep my eyes open

The library closes at 9pm-ish here so I can't actually escape it that way and the weekend opening times are the dumbest on this planet, Saturday they're open from 6am until 10am and Sundays they're open from 6am until 8am and even then the staff sometimes decide randomly it's not going to be open at all =/

Quick Reply

Latest