The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

huddersfield 2012

Hi
Anyone here starting Huddersfield in September? Which course you studying and which accommodation you staying in if so?
Just wondering :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I was born in huddersfield in 1903, it's gone downhill since then, beware of the locals
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
ha.....gd luck at Huddersfield.....your gunna need it.....
hi i starting at huddersfield in september i start on the ba hons childhood studies

what course are you starting
i staying at home as i living only up the road from the student accomadation at ashenhurst
Reply 5
Original post by Sophieburgon
i staying at home as i living only up the road from the student accomadation at ashenhurst

I'm studying ba hons interior design. Oh so you're from huddersfield, what's it like? I'm staying at storthes.
Reply 6
Original post by ab94
I'm studying ba hons interior design. Oh so you're from huddersfield, what's it like? I'm staying at storthes.

I apologize for my earlier commment....had a bad day :frown:

I live at Storthes Hall now and study BA Drama and it's not a terrible place to live.... alot of friendly people and great nights at the D Bar but some flats have messy people who never wash up after themselves....i've seen mould in cups and on plates so many times here and their so unfair with the deposit you place down

Storthes is what you make of it, you either love it or you can't wait to leave

here's a tip....don't tell so many people your door code.....some people stole two chairs from my flat last weekend and if we dont get them back then we won't get our deposit at the end of the year which sucks :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by Mrx123
I apologize for my earlier commment....had a bad day :frown:

I live at Storthes Hall now and study BA Drama and it's not a terrible place to live.... alot of friendly people and great nights at the D Bar but some flats have messy people who never wash up after themselves....i've seen mould in cups and on plates so many times here and their so unfair with the deposit you place down

Storthes is what you make of it, you either love it or you can't wait to leave

here's a tip....don't tell so many people your door code.....some people stole two chairs from my flat last weekend and if we dont get them back then we won't get our deposit at the end of the year which sucks :frown:

It's okay. I heard it was quite friendly, also have a feeling i'll be one of the only ones doing any cleaning though :/ Thanks for the tip!
Reply 8
Original post by ab94
It's okay. I heard it was quite friendly, also have a feeling i'll be one of the only ones doing any cleaning though :/ Thanks for the tip!

your more than welcome :smile: I know that feeling being the only one cleaning up lol

so many plates left unwashed for weeks on end....sigh
Reply 9
Original post by Mrx123
your more than welcome :smile: I know that feeling being the only one cleaning up lol

so many plates left unwashed for weeks on end....sigh

Really hope i have nice clean flat mates then but what are the chances of that aha
Reply 10
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm it depends on luck.......i dont know of a flat this year without a slob lol
Original post by ab94

huddersfield is an alright town we friendly over here the town has everything you need from cafe shops to clothes shops. you will love it here
Reply 12
huddersfield is an alright town we friendly over here the town has everything you need from cafe shops to clothes shops. you will love it here

aw good, i can't wait! :smile:
Original post by ab94
aw good, i can't wait! :smile:

cause i accepted huddz offer as i didnt want to leave huddersfield as i also got an offer at leeds but i decided to accept huddersfield
Reply 14
cause i accepted huddz offer as i didnt want to leave huddersfield as i also got an offer at leeds but i decided to accept huddersfield

I got an offer from cambridge school of art aswell but i accepted huddersfield as my firm and have the other as my insurance
so where u from
Reply 16
so where u from

Grimsby, about two hours from huddersfield in the car :smile: but 3 trains away!
Original post by ab94
Grimsby, about two hours from huddersfield in the car :smile: but 3 trains away!

cool
Reply 18
Hi there :smile:

I accepted my offer (firm) for Architecture 2012 and cant wait to start in September!

Also anyone not from Huddersfield, ignore the stupid comments at the top, I was born in Huddersfield in 1993 and I love the place.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by amalkin93
Hi there :smile:

I accepted my offer (firm) for Architecture 2012 and cant wait to start in September!

Also anyone not from Huddersfield, ignore the stupid comments at the top, I was born in Huddersfield in 1993 and I love the place.

Might see you there then! I accepted my offer for interior design :smile:
That's good then, I've only been to Huddersfield once (for my interview) and i liked it straight away :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending