The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA4 18th June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by Mephestic
Im doing media and its a bit of a ball-ache. I think Schizo is a bit more annoying though.

Im trying to soldier on and have my model answers ready in time by the end of this month ready for easter to revise like a madman...it just sucks working 40hours a week though which doesnt make it easy...fml.

What do you work as, if you don't mind me asking? :P
Original post by EffKayy
What do you work as, if you don't mind me asking? :P

Probation worker - I teach criminals (fraudsters, people with anger issues, ABH, GBH, drink driving offences, pretty much every offence under the sun including including the serious ones - though they tend to be rare) to change behaviour using CBT based intervention programmes that they get on their community orders from courts.

Also deal with guys that come out of prisons on license conditions where they have the CBT programmes as part of their conditions of release.

Its what this stuff is basically ideally suited for really as intervention programmes I teach are majorly based on everything here from social learning theory to behavioural to CBT.
Original post by EffKayy
Absolutely sick of psychology lessons. What is the point? Having a rubbish teacher who makes powerpoints off the textbook is awful and then just reads them off.. wow good teaching..

Pissed off today for some reason over it :L

EDIT: Actually most of them are from psychexchange.. takes the piss..

Snap.. I have the same problem with my so called "TEACHER"
Reply 263
hay guys,
i am going to start my psychology revision this easter
i am aiming to memorise my schziophrenia essays and right essays for addiction
if anyone wants do do that recalling thing where we give each other 20 minutes to verbally recall essay before cheking wCH Others progress let me know. I am going to start that around wednesday (after lerning the stuff) and could use a study buddy for mtoivational purposes :smile:
Original post by humera01
hay guys,
i am going to start my psychology revision this easter
i am aiming to memorise my schziophrenia essays and right essays for addiction
if anyone wants do do that recalling thing where we give each other 20 minutes to verbally recall essay before cheking wCH Others progress let me know. I am going to start that around wednesday (after lerning the stuff) and could use a study buddy for mtoivational purposes :smile:

il do that with you for schizophrenia if you want! il be free from Friday onwards tho due to work!
Reply 265
il do that with you for schizophrenia if you want! il be free from Friday onwards tho due to work!

that sounds good.... just let me know what time u want to do it and ill come online.
I havent looked at my essays since i wrote them so i think ill revise each essay for an hour and then recal it in half an hour...so each essay should take us about 1.5 hours ...would that be okay...or do u want to spend less time on them...we could do 1 or2 evryday so that it doesnt take up your whole revision timetable
that sounds good.... just let me know what time u want to do it and ill come online.
I havent looked at my essays since i wrote them so i think ill revise each essay for an hour and then recal it in half an hour...so each essay should take us about 1.5 hours ...would that be okay...or do u want to spend less time on them...we could do 1 or2 evryday so that it doesnt take up your whole revision timetable

that sounds good with me - so 1 hour to try revise it and half our after to try re-write it? then we move onto the next one?

Msn or some instant messenger may be good for this I think? shall we add each other on that perhaps? so at least we can stay in contact once done to move onto the next one and start and stop at the same times?

my email is:

[email protected]

(two underscores after "an")

or we can just do it on here-dont mind really; most important thing is we power through it and revise!
Reply 267
that sounds good with me - so 1 hour to try revise it and half our after to try re-write it? then we move onto the next one?

Msn or some instant messenger may be good for this I think? shall we add each other on that perhaps? so at least we can stay in contact once done to move onto the next one and start and stop at the same times?

my email is:

[email protected]

(two underscores after "an")

or we can just do it on here-dont mind really; most important thing is we power through it and revise!

I think we should start off on here.....than well go on to MSN if you want...i dont have it isntalled on this altop yet...but ill get my brother to do it sooon

and we deffoo need to power through some intense revision...and i know i wont do it unless i do something like this...lol

and welll done on your 100 ums
I think we should start off on here.....than well go on to MSN if you want...i dont have it isntalled on this altop yet...but ill get my brother to do it sooon

and we deffoo need to power through some intense revision...and i know i wont do it unless i do something like this...lol

and welll done on your 100 ums

thanks mate! ok so next Friday (public holiday) il be on in the morning at 9am..at some point Il likely have to go out for a few hours but il be pretty much revising all day once im back later in the evening.

Il be revising all weekend also and bank holiday monday.

What time will you be on?
(edited 12 years ago)
HOW ARE PEOPLE REVISING FOR RESEARCH METHODS?!

sorry for caps :tongue:

Im not quite sure how to revise for research methods - it seems quite disjointed so havnt figured out whether I should be practicising essays like the other two questions or just doing past papers with past questions :s-smilie:
Reply 270
HOW ARE PEOPLE REVISING FOR RESEARCH METHODS?!

sorry for caps :tongue:

Im not quite sure how to revise for research methods - it seems quite disjointed so havnt figured out whether I should be practicising essays like the other two questions or just doing past papers with past questions :s-smilie:

I'm basiaclly making notes on the unit 4 stuff! then going to learn it apply it to past apper qs thens ee were i get to were I amke mistakes. Im going to makes note sunder each bullet point on the specifiication.

btw i'm doing my media psychoogy essasy now on "discuss the application of Hovland yale and elaboration likelihood model in relation to persuasionand attitude change"? so got 3 more essays to go.

also got 3 more essays for schizophrenai to do ive done all the Unit 1 stuff that comes up in Unit 4.

how you going? :smile:
Original post by ikz94
I'm basiaclly making notes on the unit 4 stuff! then going to learn it apply it to past apper qs thens ee were i get to were I amke mistakes. Im going to makes note sunder each bullet point on the specifiication.

btw i'm doing my media psychoogy essasy now on "discuss the application of Hovland yale and elaboration likelihood model in relation to persuasionand attitude change"? so got 3 more essays to go.

also got 3 more essays for schizophrenai to do ive done all the Unit 1 stuff that comes up in Unit 4.

how you going? :smile:

Iv written all my essays that I need to learn and just reading a bit of research methods. My aim is to have memorised all the essays by the end of april now leaving me 1 and a half months to keep going over it and learning research methods!
Hopefully its enough =/
Reply 272
thanks mate! ok so next Friday (public holiday) il be on in the morning at 9am..at some point Il likely have to go out for a few hours but il be pretty much revising all day once im back later in the evening.

Il be revising all weekend also and bank holiday monday.

What time will you be on?

9 thats early! ...but i need to start wakign up early so i can get a good amount don i guess...so ill try to wake up around 9 aswell.....so ill set an alarm(aka my dad) and if he rembers to wake me ill be on at 9...if not ill deifnatly be on after 12 ..but hopefully ill be on for 9
How are people revising research methods?!
Reply 274
Original post by Sadsnail
How are people revising research methods?!

I'm literally just reading it all through in the textbooks, making notes where I feel it's necessary and then doing past questions :smile:
Reply 275
Iv written all my essays that I need to learn and just reading a bit of research methods. My aim is to have memorised all the essays by the end of april now leaving me 1 and a half months to keep going over it and learning research methods!
Hopefully its enough =/

yeh im just going to finish my prep by doing the essays and hopefully start next wek on memorising. Should be ok because this is my last exam for summer got a nice 3 week gap for this so shouldn't be bad! :smile:
Original post by Tilly9481
I'm literally just reading it all through in the textbooks, making notes where I feel it's necessary and then doing past questions :smile:

Erghh, I tried that for january and it didn't really work... I got 100% in OCD and anomalistic and screwed up research methods (i did get an a, but I want an a*!)
the best way to revise research methods is with the past papers you get a real feel for the type of questions and structures they use i kinda enjoy it now, anomalistic still makes me cry myself to sleep
Reply 278
Original post by Merm
I did the PSYA4 yesterday D:
Hopefully it didn't go to badly as if I have to retake the exam it will be on my birthday :'(
They are really interesting topics, my class did schizophrenia, addiction and research methods. But there is so much to learn for the exam and they could ask you anything

hey what questions did you get in january?
I'm glad (well, it's not a good thing) that I'm not the only one with an appalling teacher! Mine thinks that photocopying from a textbook, giving us 3274892349 stapled booklets to fill in and reading off a powerpoint that he hasn't even made himself is a good way to teach.

I'm doing schizophrenia and anomalistic psychology but we only started doing anomalistic a week ago...oh dear. I feel so far behind and I'm thinking that I may as well self-teach it. I also just looked at January's paper and the one question I was hoping to come up for schizophrenia came up then, damn.

Any predictions? :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest