The Student Room Group

Applying to Oxbridge? I've made something for you!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by such_a_lady
Obviously :lol: I was the one asking all the questions about the Waynflete building over in the other thread^^

Ahh! I thought I recognised the username. Apologies, we have mock exams at the moment and I am a bit distracted...

Well I am making another video project special for the Freshers, so you'll be seeing that before you arrive :wink:
Reply 21
Btw, how important do you think the TSA is for PPE? Especially for an international applicant not having done the GSCE and thus having no real grades to be assessed on apart from school ranking in previous years. I've heard some say that if you get a good enough TSA score, maybe 80 or above, they'll invite you to interview no matter what and only reject you if your interview is really quite bad.
Reply 22
Can we get this stickied nowish please?

Smart initiative.
Reply 23
Original post by Aeonstorm
Btw, how important do you think the TSA is for PPE? Especially for an international applicant not having done the GSCE and thus having no real grades to be assessed on apart from school ranking in previous years. I've heard some say that if you get a good enough TSA score, maybe 80 or above, they'll invite you to interview no matter what and only reject you if your interview is really quite bad.

Well my TSA score was above 80, and I didn't get an interview, but maybe the cutoff is higher...

Applied with IB predicted score of 37, SATs of 2290, mediocre PS
Reply 24
Oxford Oxford Oxford!
Reply 25
Original post by Eldedu
Well my TSA score was above 80, and I didn't get an interview, but maybe the cutoff is higher...

Applied with IB predicted score of 37, SATs of 2290, mediocre PS

It might have been your IB prediction I guess. If it doesnt even meet the requirement, its unlikely they'll invite you to interview. Although do you mind sending me your PS? I'd be interested to read it nonetheless.
Reply 26
Thank youu for making these videos :biggrin: So useful :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 27
Original post by Aeonstorm
It might have been your IB prediction I guess. If it doesnt even meet the requirement, its unlikely they'll invite you to interview. Although do you mind sending me your PS? I'd be interested to read it nonetheless.

Yes, I know. I was just trying to illustrate that there is no "interview no matter what" policy at Oxford which is what you seemed to be asking in your first post. You either have what they're asking for or you don't.

While it's very kind of you to still be interested "nonetheless", I'd rather not actually, it was quite personal. Basically I said too much about my own life experience and not enough about the books I'd read, my ideas on the subject, etc.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by Eldedu
Yes, I know. I was just trying to illustrate that there is no "interview no matter what" policy at Oxford which is what you seemed to be asking in your first post. You either have what they're asking for or you don't.

While it's very kind of you to still be interested "nonetheless", I'd rather not actually, it was quite personal. Basically I said too much about my own life experience and not enough about the books I'd read, my ideas on the subject, etc.

Yeah, sorry, I meant if all other requirements had been passed, since I'm assuming most applicants would meet the requirements if they chose to apply and yet only like 45% are invited for interview.

And that's cool, I understand your decision. I apologise if I caused offence. :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 29
Reply 30
The 12 minute, hugely comprehensive Personal Statement Guide is now online!

http://youtu.be/17EPnhhHopE
Reply 31
The 12 minute, hugely comprehensive Personal Statement Guide is now online!

http://youtu.be/17EPnhhHopE
Reply 32
If you do like the series, please do share it ! :smile:
Original post by Ja-m-ie
If you do like the series, please do share it ! :smile:

I'll send it to my Deputy HoS who was head of the Oxbridge Committee and knew way less than I did :facepalm:

Also spotted you on the Magdalen group- talk about ubiquitous!
Reply 34
You're hot.
Reply 35
Original post by such_a_lady
I'll send it to my Deputy HoS who was head of the Oxbridge Committee and knew way less than I did :facepalm:

Also spotted you on the Magdalen group- talk about ubiquitous!

Hmm... then by deduction you are Chiara ?
Original post by Ja-m-ie
Hmm... then by deduction you are Chiara ?

How did you guess :colonhash:
Reply 37
If you like the series, please do send it to your schools and peers!

Happy May Day :smile:
Reply 38
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending