The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

plymouth uni students 2012!

Hi all...

im starting plymouth in september! be nice to get too know a few people! :smile:

my skype is georgia.rac .... add me if you like!

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Georgia28
Hi all...

im starting plymouth in september! be nice to get too know a few people! :smile:

my skype is georgia.rac .... add me if you like!

:smile:

Sup Georgia! haha yea im hopefully going to start in september at plymouth uni. What course will you be studying?
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by CarlitosWayz12
Sup Georgia! haha yea im hopefully going to start in september at plymouth uni. What course will you be studying?

i will be studying social work! :smile: what about you?? you going for halls? :smile:
i will be studying social work! :smile: what about you?? you going for halls? :smile:

Social work sounds cool! I'll going to study Economics. And yeah! I'll be trying to go for halls.... I hope I do get it. Um is it true if your parents earn lower than £25,000 you would get guaranteed room from halls??
Reply 4
Social work sounds cool! I'll going to study Economics. And yeah! I'll be trying to go for halls.... I hope I do get it. Um is it true if your parents earn lower than £25,000 you would get guaranteed room from halls??

cool! :smile: i don't think that's true... although not 100% sure, only 60% of first years get into halls the rest have to go into other uni accomodation but they'll let you know! like their other services (Unilet) etc... i've applied for my accomodation in halls just waiting to hear! should be july cos i have an unconditional offer... what about you? how old will you be when u start?
oohhhhh damn. I hope I get into halls, and I hope what I have been told is true. I am on my gap year so I am going to be 20 when I start uni. And you?
Do you know many or some people down in Plymouth? Have they said anything about the Uni? Because I dont know anyone who goes there... :frown:
Reply 6
im a 1st year now! dont worry everyone is in the same postion you'll make friends quickly! :smile:
Reply 7
oohhhhh damn. I hope I get into halls, and I hope what I have been told is true. I am on my gap year so I am going to be 20 when I start uni. And you?
Do you know many or some people down in Plymouth? Have they said anything about the Uni? Because I dont know anyone who goes there... :frown:

i'll be 21 when i start! :smile: who said to you about the halls thing?? i know loads of people who go to plymouth and they love it! a lot of them are graduating this year... but still know quite a few people who are in their first year at the mo! is your offer unconditional then?
Reply 8
Hey guys
ill be turning 20 in september , got an unconditional offer for biomedical science
and its my firm
applied for halls aswell.
hope to get to know you guys before uni starts .

Reply 9
Hello :smile:

Added you to skype a sec ago, trying to add a few people before uni starts to get to know them :smile: My name is Craig and I'll be turning 18 in August (just in time :biggrin:). My skype is CycloneUK in case you're wondering who it was who added you. :smile:
Reply 10

im doing economics as well
Reply 11
hey i'll be studying business and i've also firmed plymouth :smile:
add me on skype if you like hichloco :smile:
Hey! Studying Accounting and Finance and firmed Plymouth

Add me on skype :biggrin: ohvalentine
Reply 13
hey guys.

so i got an offer for optometry and I have yet to see anyone else that going into this program.
Anyone going PLYMOUTH this September??? :biggrin: add me .. http://www.facebook.com/nickwmoores
Also me and a friend are organising a pre freshers night out chance to meet people before we all go even though there will be heaps of time for that in freshers :tongue:. What courses have people applied for? Architecture for me xD
If my exams work out (hopefully!) i'll be going to plymouth for social work ^^ soooo excited :smile:
i've applied for halls but won't hear till after my results :smile:
add my fb - http://www.facebook.com/lauren.davies.1232
Reply 16
cool! :smile: i don't think that's true... although not 100% sure, only 60% of first years get into halls the rest have to go into other uni accomodation but they'll let you know! like their other services (Unilet) etc... i've applied for my accomodation in halls just waiting to hear! should be july cos i have an unconditional offer... what about you? how old will you be when u start?

Hi, I have a conditional offer for Media Arts :biggrin: and I applied for student accommodation month ago but the application didn't have any opinion to pick what sort of room I want :confused:.. Will they give me a choice after I get my results or do you have to move in to the room they give you?
Reply 17
I'll be attending Plymouth Uni this September as well doing Foundation Maths And Stats (My grades are high but not high enough to start the proper first year)

Reply 18
Original post by Rosii294
Hi, I have a conditional offer for Media Arts :biggrin: and I applied for student accommodation month ago but the application didn't have any opinion to pick what sort of room I want :confused:.. Will they give me a choice after I get my results or do you have to move in to the room they give you?

when you applied you should have hade a choice over the licence length you wanted? you can choose more than one i think! and with the room type.. you should have had a choice of a standard room (no ensuite), standard ensuite room, studio.. etc! and thats all the choice you will get! not very much... hope this helps??

:biggrin: x
Reply 19
Original post by D556mm
I'll be attending Plymouth Uni this September as well doing Foundation Maths And Stats (My grades are high but not high enough to start the proper first year)

hey! i dont really use my skype much now! ha add me on facebook if you like!

https://www.facebook.com/georgia.rac :smile:

Quick Reply