The Student Room Group

IB Grades Distribution

So we all know that only 0.000000001% (or so it seems!) of people get 45 - only around 60 or 70 in the world each year - but what about the other grades?

Does anybody know/Can somebody direct me to a list which breaks down all the overall diploma grades from some low score(!) to 45 and gives the rough percentage of students taking the IB who achieve it each year?

Presumably the IB grades follow some sort of normal distribution curve, but I would like to be able to measure up my achievement quantitatively.

Thanks.
Reply 1
I think 65/32000ish got 45 last year, which really isn't that small a percentage (0.00203125).
Reply 2
So we all know that only 0.000000001% (or so it seems!) of people get 45 - only around 60 or 70 in the world each year - but what about the other grades?

Does anybody know/Can somebody direct me to a list which breaks down all the overall diploma grades from some low score(!) to 45 and gives the rough percentage of students taking the IB who achieve it each year?

Presumably the IB grades follow some sort of normal distribution curve, but I would like to be able to measure up my achievement quantitatively.

Thanks.

Actually, the IBO publishes a statistical bulletin after each examination session, here's the link to those bulletins:

http://www.ibo.org/facts/statbulletin/dpstats/index.cfm
Reply 3
cheers. when will they update it with may 2008?
Reply 4
cheers. when will they update it with may 2008?

I don't know, but I guess it takes a few months before they release the statistical bulletins. It seems as if the release the statistical bulletins closely to the next examination session. Do you want to include it in the PS or something?
Reply 5
No Im just interested - got 44 and we all know that the 60/70 of the 45 group are very elite; just wondering how many people did as well as me... although the debate of subjects etc rages.
Thanks again.
walrusgod
I think 65/32000ish got 45 last year, which really isn't that small a percentage (0.00203125).

:ditto:
apparently 44 is the top 0.42% of the world...got it off my school news (on how well last year's grads did) and above 40+ is top 1.79% of the world.
Reply 8
talespirit
apparently 44 is the top 0.42% of the world...got it off my school news (on how well last year's grads did) and above 40+ is top 1.79% of the world.

Are you sure? Could you provide any source?
shinhans31
Are you sure? Could you provide any source?

My source is my school's news letter(hadn't i said that?)...as to where their source is i have no idea...the only guess i can make is off the IB stats bulletin from last year may 2007...or the unofficial 2008 figures the IB pass out to schools (as some ppl i know still havn't recieved their remark scores)
Reply 10
talespirit
My source is my school's news letter(hadn't i said that?)...as to where their source is i have no idea...the only guess i can make is off the IB stats bulletin from last year may 2007...or the unofficial 2008 figures the IB pass out to schools (as some ppl i know still havn't recieved their remark scores)

ohhh. thanks. that was a news to me :smile: a good news indeed :yep:
Do you know the percentile of 41/45 and 43/45 by any chance?
Thanks in advance :biggrin:
talespirit

I haven't received mine yet. :shifty:

Latest

Trending

Trending