The Student Room Group

Is there a more repetitive comedian that Russell Howard?

Poll

Is there a more repetitive comedian than Russell Howard?

I have just watched Jonathan Ross and Russell Howard did a shorthand version of the yawn rape joke. Instead of "salami counter" read "woman on bus" and then on top of that he did the "my eye isn't lazy it is always moving around" joke ad nauseum.

So is there a more repetitive comedian out there?

Edit: He has just done the "imagine being a slug that would be depressing, if you cried it would melt yor face" and the "shed for a head" joke. Lame!

Edit 2: "my mum pointing at her belly saying 'that's where the magic comes from' and noone knew who she was, she could of just been some random old lady." joke.

Scroll to see replies

i agree he is repetitive. but ive seen most of his good news and im ashamed to say it still makes me laugh even though i realise he does the same thing. like mention someone in his family.
Reply 2
Russel Howard is no comedian.
Reply 3
just_this_once
i agree he is repetitive. but ive seen most of his good news and im ashamed to say it still makes me laugh even though i realise he does the same thing. like mention someone in his family.

I'm the same despite this thread, I feel slightly guilty for finding it funny which makes me laugh even more :o:
"I'll make a stupid noise because stupid people laugh at stupid noises" henghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheh
All comedians are repetitive. That's the whole point of a tour.
Reply 6
Yeah he is, but I like how he laughs at himself and keeps things pretty positive/lighthearted!
explosions hurt
"I'll make a stupid noise because stupid people laugh at stupid noises" henghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheh

you calling us stupid?
Reply 8
I like Russell Howard, and I think TBH a lot of comedians are repetitive and reuse the same jokes, but not as many get so much exposure as he does, e.g. Mock the Week, Good News.

To answer your question: yes. Jimmy Carr.
Reply 9
marcusmerehay
All comedians are repetitive. That's the whole point of a tour.

:confused: these jokes are 3+ years old and he repeats them in every interview and every episode of MTW.

Obviously a tour will have the same jokes every show, but as you can see I never once mentioned his tour being repetitive...
i don't mind him but i don't like his random squirmy noisy thing
Frankie Boyle.
______ has a face like a ______
______ is worse than Kerry Katona/Amy Winehouse/Any politician
Scotland is cheap/fat/unhealthy/stupid/violent

I also loved Marcus Brigstocke's twitter impression of Peter Kay: "Who remembers Rola Cola? What are biscuits like? D'you remember eyes? What were they like when you were a kid? Who remembers remembering things? eh? What was that like? Remember that? You'd remember something wouldn't ya? Then say it."
meskell
:confused: these jokes are 3+ years old and he repeats them in every interview and every episode of MTW.

Obviously a tour will have the same jokes every show, but as you can see I never once mentioned his tour being repetitive...

First Dingledodies gig was is Sept 2008 though :colonhash: Let's say only 18 months.

His new material will come out after he finishes this month's 10 day tour. So next year's Mock the Week will no longer have Dingledodies material in.
Reply 13
TheTallOne
First Dingledodies gig was is Sept 2008 though :colonhash: Let's say only 18 months.

His new material will come out after he finishes this month's 10 day tour. So next year's Mock the Week will no longer have Dingledodies material in.

:rolleyes: Some of the jokes he uses now are still the same jokes that he used when he first started on MTW. He will probably use them during this tour as well. The dinner witch joke was on the last tour, the tour before and MTW.
Reply 14
Frankie Boyle just repeats his mock the week jokes in his stand up, with the odd extra scotland insult thrown in
Russell Howard is pretty annoying tbh. On Good News half the show must have been him impersonating sex on stage :s-smilie: and he usually does stupid noises, fake family scenarios, childish humour/voices on his stand up shows.
Reply 16
Hmm, I went to the recordings of Good News and although the show is funny-ish, he was actually funniest during the bits inbetween the takes.. even that got a bit 'heard-it-all-before' after a while though. Shame. My housemates are obsessed with him though and find anything he says hilarious. =/ He is pretty annoying.
Reply 17
I think all comedians are. I can't think of more than one or two from whom I don't hear the same joke twice. It's all part of the trade.
Reply 18
i find Russell Howard hilarious but he's definitely one of the most repetitive comedians - the yawn rape joke being particularly overused.

i went to see him a few of weeks ago and after i got back home from the show i caught the end of his good news xmas special and he used 5/10 mins of the material from the live show which i thought was a bit dodgy seeing as his tour hadn't even finished yet
All comedians repeat themselves. Frankie Boyle is a classic example of this.

Quick Reply