The Student Room Group
Edinburgh :ninja:
Visit each and see how you like them, I would probably go for St. Andrews if given the choice.
Reply 3
Edinburgh = large city
St. Andrews = very small town
Reply 4
Visit both
I'm sure Ed is great. I like St Andrews
Reply 5
Depends on how important a social life is to you....
Reply 6
Personally I'd say Edinburgh because it's the best of both worlds - beautiful place with amazing architecture, but it also has lots going on and shops and stuff. I love St Andrews as well though, just I think Edinburgh would offer a more balanced experience.
Reply 7
Both = Very well respected

Edinburgh = Culture, Nightlife, Social Life, Edinburgh Fringe Festival, Shops, Human Beings
Saint Andrews = Small, Lacking in the above
Reply 8
pamelaa
Edinburgh = large city
St. Andrews = very small town

Yes, although they share similarities in being ancient and Scottish, it seems to me that, in terms of the location, it's like asking 'chalk or cheese?' It is highly important to visit. I always thought that St Andrews would be my kind of place- it had that traditional Dead Poets Society kind of appearance to it in photos (and it does have traditions). But real life isn't always like a photo or a film and when I visited it years later after being to university, I found the town (city really) far too small for my liking. But some people really love that - I imagine that some may also have cars to drive to the likes of Edinburgh from time to time- a place which, on the opposite end of the spectrum, would be a bit too full of other stuff for my liking as a university city.
Reply 9
edinburgh! one of the nicest cities in the world, and one of the best universities in the world...

Latest

Trending

Trending