The Student Room Group

Law Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by daisy05
Got rejected by Durham, so gutted :frown:

Commiserations :frown: May I ask what your GCSE results and A-level predictions were, and how you felt the LNAT went?
Original post by Fward
yes might be warmer, but going on the last couple of years, you could also be knee deep in snow :P
Im not sure for definate yet, but i am looking to either follow the legal profession or maybe join the police.
How about you? any ideas on what you are going to do?

Yeaa thats true also .. but if im knee deep in snow in feb then theres no sixth form and its a snow day at home .. so its sort of a win win sitaution :biggrin:
Ive got it all planned out .. do my law degree, then do my lpc and gain a training contact (if im lucky) then go into family law hopefully ... but i never know what will happen in the future tbh might end up unemployed and on the dole so it depends i guess
Reply 1802
Original post by michael321
Commiserations :frown: May I ask what your GCSE results and A-level predictions were, and how you felt the LNAT went?

7 A*s and 8 As at GCSE (plus OCR Nationals in ICT worth 3 GCSEs at A grade and Business worth 2 GCSEs at A grade) and predicted A*AA at A Level. I found the multiple choice section of the LNAT more difficult than the practice ones I'd done, but I thought the essay was okay, did it back at the start of September!
Original post by Tsunami2011
What would people generally say is the top 10 unis for law in the uk at the moment?

There is no definitive top 10 universities for law. There is however a group of universities that are generally accepted as being a constant in the top 10.

These are not only based upon league tables but othr aspects such as graduate sallary and employers in the legal world. It is important to remember that the overall prestege of the university regardless of the subject always plays a part in all of the rankigs. People are usually more aware and more accepting of the overall prestege opposed to the law based one.

In my opinion the constant group which is in the top 10 law schoos is:

Oxford
Cambridge
LSE
UCL
KCL
Warwick
Durham

These six are always regarded as part of the top 10 law schools and their pressence coroberates what I said above about general university prestege. All of them have impecible reputations as universities.

The remainer ofthe top 10 is certainly up fordebate though.
Sigh 4 rejections waiting for a fifth now.

Applied to Oxford, KCL, UCL and Nottingham and have been rejected by all. Waiting on Bristol.

GCSES 2A* 4A 3B AS AAAC Predictions A* AA

Too make it worse my mom and aunt have said that if I don't get into any law schools they will do to me what ahppened in this video! I have only told them about UCL and Oxford. And I know Bristol will reject now because alll LNAt.

Reply 1805
Original post by barbershop

Applied to Oxford, KCL, UCL and Nottingham and have been rejected by all. Waiting on Bristol.

Too make it worse my mom and aunt have said that if I don't get into any law schools they will do to me what ahppened in this video! I have only told them about UCL and Oxford. And I know Bristol will reject now because alll LNAt.

Your post history is cool brah.

For a clever person, you were stupid to apply to only LNAT universities.
Original post by admbeatmaker
For a clever person, you were stupid to apply to only LNAT universities.

He is some sort of weird troll. As the person above commented on his post history. He has said he is studying PPS at Cambridge, Law at Warwick and PPS at Bradford. I really don't know what he has to achieve by doing all of this.
Got an offer on thursday night from Oxford to study Law there at St. Hugh's College!! :biggrin:
Original post by daisy05
7 A*s and 8 As at GCSE (plus OCR Nationals in ICT worth 3 GCSEs at A grade and Business worth 2 GCSEs at A grade) and predicted A*AA at A Level. I found the multiple choice section of the LNAT more difficult than the practice ones I'd done, but I thought the essay was okay, did it back at the start of September!

Hmm very odd. Bad luck. What's your next choice?
Original post by jamestwob
Got an offer on thursday night from Oxford to study Law there at St. Hugh's College!! :biggrin:

Well done! Did your college interview, and if so did you think you'd done enough to get in afterwards?
Reply 1811

What was your Lnat score?

Risky business applying to all LNAT unis. Finger crossed for Bristol and better luck next year when you will no doubt apply to at least 1 non LNAT uni.
Original post by Elle408
Well I don't have any grades as I'm a mature student. I'm doing Access which means all of my results are pending. That's why I'm confused as to whether it is just a polite way of saying no or that my LNAT was ok. I guess i'm just clutching at straws!

Did you have an interview?
I'm also a mature student applying to KCL for Law, the 4 year PPL. So far I've had the initial acknowledgment of my application and a further 'we are carefully considering your application'.
I'm clutching at straws but if I haven't received a rejection yet then maybe I'm still in with a chance.
Original post by Thegoodleftundone
Well done! Did your college interview, and if so did you think you'd done enough to get in afterwards?

I had two interviews with two different case judgements, about ten A4 pages each. The first one seemed to go below-par, although not horrifically. However, the second one seemed to go very well. Are you applying next year/this year?
Reply 1815
Original post by michael321
Hmm very odd. Bad luck. What's your next choice?

Had an interview at Cambridge a couple of weeks ago, although I really don't expect to get in! So probably York after that
Reply 1816
Original post by 5saqibm
got offers from University of Liverpool, Sussex University and Brunel University (Law with Placement), sent my application of on the 25th November, what about you? :smile:

I sent my application off on the 8th Nov, and i have had offers from Sheffield, Surrey, GLamorgan and Edge Hill...just waiting on staffordshire now, but i dont think they do offers untill the january deadline
Just sent my application in, sitting LNAT tomorrow. Be interested to hear people's opnions on my chances...

I'm on a (worthwhile!) gapy year this year, I sat the LNAT last cycle but didn't bother applying as my ASs were worse than I hope my A2s would be and I wanted to do this year.

GCSE: A*A*A*A*A*A*A*AAAAB
A2:AAB
LNAT last year (hopefully improve this year!) 23

UCL LLB
All others Law & French (Law)
Bristol
Exeter
UEA (French Law and Language)
Cardiff

I've applied quite late because I've spent ages perfecting my personal statement and reference, not at school anymore, living in Wales so had to do everything by phone. What do you reckon guys? And any (general) last minute advice for LNAT tommorrow? :smile:
UEA AAB offer :biggrin:
Reply 1819
Hey there. I'd decided to sit for LNAT, 3 weeks from now :biggrin:
But I'm nervous really. Are there any useful tips for sitting LNAT?

And oh, I would like ask if my UCAS choices are suitable :smile:)

My grades:
AS Level
Law - A
Business Studies - A
Economics - A
Mathematics - A

Predicted grades (based on AS)
A*A*AA

I wonder if my choices are suitable?

UCL
Nottingham
QMUL (was thinking of swapping this with King's)
Warwick
Exeter

Any opinion on this? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending