The Student Room Group

Graduate programme minimum entry requirement help :)

Hey,

I got AAC at a-level (bio,chem,maths) and I'm currently studying Chem Eng at Loughborough, but I most likely see myself working in finance in the future and will eventually be looking for a graduate job in the far future.

Basically, is it worth re-sitting my C4 module in maths in order to bring my grade up to a B/A in order to meet some of the entry requirements for certain graduate schemes?

Or if I do well in my degree are they likely to take that into account more then anything else?

Cheers x
Original post by Luca118
Hey,

I got AAC at a-level (bio,chem,maths) and I'm currently studying Chem Eng at Loughborough, but I most likely see myself working in finance in the future and will eventually be looking for a graduate job in the far future.

Basically, is it worth re-sitting my C4 module in maths in order to bring my grade up to a B/A in order to meet some of the entry requirements for certain graduate schemes?

Or if I do well in my degree are they likely to take that into account more then anything else?

Cheers x

No, you're fine. I don't know many employers that ask for just grades, a few ask for AAB, but most ask for points only. From what I've seen the standard seems to be a 2:1 or above and 320 UCAS points, though the less popular ones will ask for less :smile:
Reply 2
Resitting a module outside of your age bracket carries the risk of it not being in the first sitting ( achieved in correct time-scale). More and more finance companies are stating that as a requirement. As it stands, your UCAS is enough to get into many finance companies anyway :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending