The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

In

Finally out of hospital after 6 days wating for surgery...

The cast I got now though weighs a fecking ton and my right leg is now going to shrink :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by The Troll Toll
Wouldn't the clap help with your hand-speed? I'm pretty sure that's trainable.

Not especially. There are far more effective and safer ways of doing that (which we train, yes). Including the explosive push part of presup claps, the clap itself won't really affect hand speed though.

plus damaged wrists is obviously a pretty serious injury for a boxer.
Original post by Michael XYZ

Whilst we were all laughing at his deadlift Diesel Weasel got strong. Hit an elite raw total according to some numbers. Dunno about that, either way, strong for his weight class.

solid dead

medicore squat form

Impressive lifts

GJDWM

What is his height?
Reply 43
Original post by Megaloblastic
In

Finally out of hospital after 6 days wating for surgery...

The cast I got now though weighs a fecking ton and my right leg is now going to shrink :frown:

What happened to you? :frown:
Reply 44
In.
Original post by SMed
What happened to you? :frown:

Broke my ankle playing rugby, needed surgery to put in a plate but had to wait in hospital for the swelling to go down enough so they could operate on it.

Was just lying in bed with my leg raised up on pillows and constantly icing it. Wasnt allowed to get up out of bed lol, was boring as ****.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 46
Broke my ankle playing rugby, needed surgery to put in a plate but had to wait in hospital for the swelling to go down enough so they could operate on it.

Was just lying in bed with my leg raised up on pillows and constantly icing it. Wasnt allowed to get up out of bed lol, was boring as ****.

How did you toilet?
Piss in bottles **** in trays
Original post by GQ.
How did you toilet?

Pissed into bottles and bed pans, although I didnt need a bed pan as all the morphine blocked me up nicely.
Reply 49
Pissed into bottles and bed pans, although I didnt need a bed pan as all the morphine blocked me up nicely.

Aww ok. Did you get a sponge bath?
Reply 50
Original post by GQ.
Aww ok. Did you get a sponge bath?

I'm sure he did.

Reply 51
is ther any difference from putting a dumbell between feet and a dipping belt for dips. i'm doing bodyweight for a ton of reps.

also wasted a gym session today, was really reserved on bench then i ****ed my rows as the bar got loose and i didn't realize till the last set ;(
Original post by Gallium
is ther any difference from putting a dumbell between feet and a dipping belt for dips. i'm doing bodyweight for a ton of reps.

also wasted a gym session today, was really reserved on bench then i ****ed my rows as the bar got loose and i didn't realize till the last set ;(

No difference particularly, just a bit awkward and more difficult to do with bigger weights. Luckily at my uni gym they have a dipping belt free for use.
Reply 53
Original post by Gallium

What happend about the Holland and Barret order you placed? I just got an email from them and said they had to cancel my order due to an availability problem. Does this mean they won't take the money from my account?
They won't and they'll give you 20% off but that's nothing considering how stupidly high their prices are.
Reply 55
If any of you morons went out and filled your tanks in a panic, give yourselves a slap.
Reply 56
Failed to get 5x5 on one of my lifts today, I guess this is where the fun really begins.

I only managed 5x5x5x5x4 on the OHP at 32.5kg. Is this pretty pathetic or about average? I weigh ~75kg.
Original post by bax121
Failed to get 5x5 on one of my lifts today, I guess this is where the fun really begins.

I only managed 5x5x5x5x4 on the OHP at 32.5kg. Is this pretty pathetic or about average? I weigh ~75kg.

Well I'm assuming you are a beginner so it doesn't really matter as long as you keep pushing.
Original post by bax121

What does the 5x5x5x5x4 mean? 2500 reps total? :eek:

Or in a more sensible guess, is that each of your sets (ie. 32.5kg x5, x5, x5, x5, x4 as I'd probably write it)?
Reply 59
Who cares how he wrote it, we all knew what he meant.

Latest