The Student Room Group

OCR C2 Exam May 18th 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by JimJam1
for question 7aii) if you put [(2√10)+pi]/7 would you get any marks or did it have to be negative? or would this even remove it from its exact form?

was this the trig one? I got -2root10 / 7 don't know where the pi came from :s-smilie:
for questio 7 if you got the right answer but didnt use the method which will probably be on the markscheme ( the traingle one) would you still get the marks? i ended up using sin^2 +cos ^2 =1 and then devided by cos^2 and did a whole bunch of other stuff but i seem to have the same answer as everyone else so will i still get the marks?
Reply 382
Original post by megank
Can anyone explain to me that last question?? :/ i messed it up and got a really heavy fraction

Sure, if you can remind me of the question :smile:
All I remember was that the answer was 2/3 but your probably know that by now.
I did so rubbish it's beyond me. Definitely going to be resitting THAT.
Original post by J DOT A
A=45 not 45pie.

If you substitute 0.5*(15/pi)^2*2/7pi or whatever the radian thing was it was 45

someone I got 14.75 for the radius. Would that be accepted?
The periodic question was easy but I only wrote 'periodic' - would I get the mark?
Original post by samjj8
It wasn't a nice paper. It was an OK paper.

Question 7 part 2 wasn't nice.
Question 9 wasn't nice.

9 wasn't impossible, but it was a head scratching question.

I know, I definitely bagged about 2 method marks for question 9bii. I just
didn't revise enough to understand that the log sect. became 1.
anyone know if you can resit induvidual papers? or would I have to resit all of AS-level maths...
Reply 388
Original post by cleverslacker
anyone know if you can resit induvidual papers? or would I have to resit all of AS-level maths...

yes, you can resit ind papers C1 or C2
Original post by kenann
yes, you can resit ind papers C1 or C2

Somewhat relieving, thanks
Reply 390
Any speculation as to what's required for 100ums?
72? or do you think lower is viable?
For the question:
sin b =3/7 . what is cos b equal too considering it is an obtuse angle
i did c=sqrt(a^2+b^2)
sin = opposite/hypotenuse
so the adjacent length is 2*sqrt(10)
cos=adjacent/hypotenuse
so, cos b = 2*sqrt(10)/7
the angle is obtuse so,
pi-(2*sqrt(10)/7)= cos b (as an integer, 154 degrees)

is this definitely the right answer?
also i did all that but i put:
pi+(2*sqrt(10)/7)
Do you think ill only lose one mark?

Also on question 9, it said: 'List the values of y which allow the sequence to have a sum to infinity'
(or words to that affect)

i put 0<y<1 because a log cannot be a negative value

Anyone got an unofficial mark scheme by any chance?
Reply 392
Original post by h2shin
Any speculation as to what's required for 100ums?
72? or do you think lower is viable?

it's happened when 71 merited 100, and it's a relatively difficult paper so it's certainly possible, you really just have to wait for the grade boundaries and hope for the best, best of luck to you

Scott Lucas

Anyone got an unofficial mark scheme by any chance?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2004837
(edited 11 years ago)
oh is it 45pie??? I saw it as 45. method was right but only numbers get wrong.How many can I lose?
hey , i think i did ok(ish) on C1 and C2 , i am aiming for an A and think i was on the boundaries (High B, Low A) for both this week.... But, i have been doing mocks im stats and been getting around 90% ... could i still realistically get an A overall if i repeat that next week (not sure how the grading system works) thanx
Reply 395
Original post by h2shin
was this the trig one? I got -2root10 / 7 don't know where the pi came from :s-smilie:

hahaha that made me laugh i was thinking the exact thingwere did he get the pi from
Reply 396
Original post by safiyasaeed
someone I got 14.75 for the radius. Would that be accepted?

I dont think thats right because the question clearly said the area was 45pi not 45. If the wanted to say 45 radians they would have put the C notation. Radius was 15 because

45pi = 1/2 x r squared x theta

so from the previous ques it asked you to convert 72 degrees into radians so you x that by pi/180 you get 2/5pi

sub in 2/5pi into the area equation

45pi = 1/2 x rsquared x 2/5pi

2/5pi x 1/2 is pi/5

so 45pi = pi/5 r squared

multiply by 5

so 225pi = pi r squared

divide by pi(so the pi's cancel out)

225= r squared

so r = 15cm
Hope that helped :wink:
what's usually an A? Around 57 - 62?
Reply 398
Original post by peachesandcream77
what's usually an A? Around 57 - 62?

think 58 for an A, its usualy 80% but sometimes they can say 57 is an A so i guess just depends on what they decide but if you look at the most recent grade boundaries for jan 2012 it was 60 for an A in c2 but thats higher than normal xD
Reply 399
there's a poll to see how well u did: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2005689

Quick Reply

Latest