The Student Room Group

Are They Any Mature Students Here? Students Over 28?

Scroll to see replies

I'm 37, and a second-year music student at Salford :blow:
Reply 21
I'm 41 just finished last exam of 1st BA Archaeology at UCL
Original post by askew116
I'll be studying at Northampton. How are you finding your course?

I have enjoyed my course so much, it really has been amazing and I have had the opportunity to do so much. Love film making!! xxx
I am 49 and start in October 2012. My wife will be 49 by the time she starts in September 2012.
Reply 24
I'm 34 and starting physiotherapy at Herts in September.
Reply 25
I will be 29 when i start my business management course at Southampton Solent this September.
Reply 26
Im 28 returning back to uni bsc supported housing - any1 out there doing the same?
Yes much older :colondollar: 40 and just started this week on the Higher Education Level 3 Path to Social Work course ... looking to apply to MMU & Salford Uni to do the L500 Social Work Degree. I notice above that a few have completed the HE access courses. Have these been viewed well by the uni's you applied to?

Good luck with your studies all...:biggrin:
Reply 28
Yes, I'm 51 and will be taking an HND in photography from this September. Really looking forward to it.
Im 31 and just finished 2nd year at Uni of Liverpool doing Bsc Business :smile: Great experience, very rewarding, but alot of hard work aswell!! I did an Access course first before I started my degree, and it is a much better pathway than traditional A-levels (unless you're doing Law, Dentistry, Medicine, etc).
Would love to do a Masters but I hear funding is very very difficult to get hold of, especially if you just want to do a Masters and not go on to the Phd route....
Reply 30
I'm 29 and hoping to start my Access to HE Course in September. After that I am hoping to go on to study something in the direction of Conservation/ Wildlife Management/ Biodiversity etc.
Im 28, currently doing a-levels in law and biology, hoping to go on to a law degree. Would like to be an environmental health officer
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 32
Hi I'm 38 and starting primary education at Dundee this September. Slightly worried about the age thing but looking forward to the journey.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 33
I will be 34 and studying Law at Northampton starting this year.
Reply 34
Original post by JimmyKitten
Im 28, currently doing a-levels in law and biology, hoping to go on to a law degree. Would like to be an environmental health officer

Hi,
Are you getting funding to do A-levels or do you have to pay for it yourself?
Original post by Melanie2104
Yes much older :colondollar: 40 and just started this week on the Higher Education Level 3 Path to Social Work course ... looking to apply to MMU & Salford Uni to do the L500 Social Work Degree. I notice above that a few have completed the HE access courses. Have these been viewed well by the uni's you applied to?

Good luck with your studies all...:biggrin:

Hi im 38 and on a nursing and midwifery access course, my access course has been viewed absolutely fine with the uni's i had heard quite a few stories about uni's not liking them so dont worry, but i got an interview at all 5 choices and after my first two offers at the uni's i loved i cancelled my other interviews an accepted the offers.

Mandie
Hi

I'm 32 and will be doing English at Chester from September!
Original post by adam271
Hi,
Are you getting funding to do A-levels or do you have to pay for it yourself?

I was lucky enough to apply for a bursary so it reduced my costs to £250, I originally did chemistry too but on the suggestion of the college but it was really unsuitable for me so I ended up leaving that course.

Depending on the college/training facility and the area it is in there is funding available to help mature students :smile:
Original post by Shug1
Hi I'm 38 and starting primary education at Dundee this September. Slightly worried about the age thing but looking forward to the journey.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

Dont worry about age, I was terrified about going back to college and being with kids 10 years younger than me but you will suprised at a) how much you will have in common with other students, regardless of age gaps and b) how many other mature students there are

:smile:
Reply 39
I am 33. Just about to finish my Access Course and hopefully off to my Accounting and financial management degree.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest