The Student Room Group

How hard will my AS/A levels be?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by isaacworthington
Awesome, same exam board :biggrin:

Hahaha that would have been a horrendous mistake if I told you all that and you were with a completely different exam board.

I don't know why I just presumed haha..
It does, but what exam board for Lit? :smile:

I believe it's AQA.
AS/A level Economics
AS/A level English Language
AS/A level English Literature
AS/A level Government & Politics

Can you rate each one (difficulty) out of 10 please :smile:

Also, I am taking GCSE Maths - Higher Tier and GCSE Science - Core alongside these because I want a B in GCSE Maths and had didn't take any GCSEs in Science.

Rate the GCSEs as well /10 please?

As an A2 student studying WJEC Economics, I found economics interesting throughout the entire 2 years. I approached the subject with great enthusiasm and found it very easy. Probably the easiest of my 4 A2 subjects (Economics, Geography, Maths, History).

Gives one a perspective on the world today, both political and economic. 5/10.
Reply 43
AS/A level Economics
AS/A level English Language
AS/A level English Literature
AS/A level Government & Politics

Can you rate each one (difficulty) out of 10 please :smile:

Also, I am taking GCSE Maths - Higher Tier and GCSE Science - Core alongside these because I want a B in GCSE Maths and had didn't take any GCSEs in Science.

Rate the GCSEs as well /10 please?

Peronsally, having completed AS and A2 English Language and Economics I would say they aren't extremely difficult subjects - the content isn't very difficult and both are enjoyable (or at least, they were to me). Just make sure you're enthusiastic and put in good effort. As for their difficulty, I'd rate them 7.5/10 and 7 respectively; although, it does highly depend on the candidate i.e. on you.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 44
I did Economics. Wouldn't say it is hard. 5/10 maybe because the exams are annoying as you tend not to get as much time as you might require.
Reply 45
Original post by Vixen47
I can only speak for English Lit as it's the only in that list that I do. I love it. I absolutely love it. It's my favourite subject because there's so much analysis! My lessons literally are a 60min conversation between my teacher and I over the book whilst the entire class listens (some occasionally join in at various points). My exam board is OCR and it's not too bad. If you enjoy analysing things like text and characters of books then you'll enjoy it.

I shall give this subject a sincere 12/10. Though, tbf I haven't got my AS results yet. :tongue:

What did you get?, because I'm also considering doing it too although I'm not much of a speaker

Quick Reply

Latest