The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

quickest way to get to bristol temple meads?

hi, im in south east london and wanted to know the quickest way to get to bristol temp meads

looking at train sites, it takes 3 hours by train
while by coach its only about 2 hours 40 mins:confused:

i just wanted to know if there were any trains from se london that go quicker to bristol than coach
Bristol Temple Meads is a train station, and the quickest way to get there is by train.

If you go to Bristol by coach, then you will end up at the bus station (Marlborough St - city centre), and then have to take a bus to Temple Meads.

Probably the most pertinent question for you will be 'which is the quickest way to get to my destination' - but what is your destination? Clifton? Frenchay? Taunton? Somewhere else?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by Origami Bullets
Bristol Temple Meads is a train station, and the quickest way to get there is by train.

If you go to Bristol by coach, then you will end up at the bus station (Marlborough St - city centre), and then have to take a bus to Temple Meads.

Probably the most pertinent question for you will be 'which is the quickest way to get to my destination' - but what is your destination? Clifton? Frenchay? Taunton? Somewhere else?

im going to bristol uni,
BUT i can either go to bristol temple meads train station
or take a coach to bristol coach station

i want to know the quickest way to get from se london to temple meads train station
Original post by dellprinter
im going to bristol uni,
BUT i can either go to bristol temple meads train station
or take a coach to bristol coach station

i want to know the quickest way to get from se london to temple meads train station

Aha! So you don't actually want to go to TM at all - you want to go to the University!

Quickest way will be to go the Bus Station, and then walk (short distance) to Rupert Street and get a 8/9 bus up to the university.

Of course, if you actually do want to go and gaze at the architecture of TM for reasons not stated here, then the quickest way to get there is by train, followed by an 8/9 bus up to the university from outside the train station.
Reply 4
Original post by Origami Bullets
Aha! So you don't actually want to go to TM at all - you want to go to the University!

Quickest way will be to go the Bus Station, and then walk (short distance) to Rupert Street and get a 8/9 bus up to the university.

Of course, if you actually do want to go and gaze at the architecture of TM for reasons not stated here, then the quickest way to get there is by train, followed by an 8/9 bus up to the university from outside the train station.

I WANT TO KNOW THE QUICKEST WAY TO GET TO TEMPLE MEADS STATION FROM SE LONDON, IE WHAT TRAINS, and from what station
I WANT TO KNOW THE QUICKEST WAY TO GET TO TEMPLE MEADS STATION FROM SE LONDON, IE WHAT TRAINS, and from what station

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/PAD/BRI/today/1730/dep

By the way, if you're going to Bristol uni, you might be better off getting a train from temple meads to Clifton - it's a bit closer.

Now, now. That's what www.nationalrail.co.uk is for.
Reply 7

London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads is about 1 hour 45 minutes. That is the quickest route. (Uses Cross County rail).

Coach takes about 2.5 hours from London Victoria Coach station but nearly always goes to Bristol Coach station or some road like 5 mins from that.
Reply 8
As above. Though note that the Coach station in Bristol is actually closer to the University than Temple Meads. Having said that, having used Megabus a good few times I don't recommend it over a train unless you're seriously short on cash (it can be gotten for £1 each way with enough notice).
I'm pretty sure national express takes you to Queens Road, which is just a few mins from the uni
Reply 10
Original post by the_gooner
I'm pretty sure national express takes you to Queens Road, which is just a few mins from the uni

It does if the destination is "Bristol University". If it's "Bristol" then it takes you to the Bus Station.
Reply 11
hi, im in south east london and wanted to know the quickest way to get to bristol temp meads

looking at train sites, it takes 3 hours by train
while by coach its only about 2 hours 40 mins:confused:

i just wanted to know if there were any trains from se london that go quicker to bristol than coach

Megabus drops people off opposite Colston Hall. National Express drops people off at the bus station. Both are very convenient for University of Bristol students, especially if you live in the city centre.

I really would not advise travelling to Bristol on a train. It is hardly more comfortable and it is more inconvenient, and usually costs far more.
Reply 12
I live near UWE and When I go to London (Reverse journey) I take the bus to town (Depends what campus you're going to. If you go Frenchay, take the Wessex Red, if you go St Matt, take the 49) And then walk through broadmead to the coach station and take a coach to central london (Victoria).
Ticket is £4 if you book it from national express a week ahead! (And then £2-something to get to the campus)
Paddington.

Bristol Temple Meads trains leave from Paddington.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending