The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

MA Social Work

Just wondering if anyone has done/is currently doing this course? What is the department like? Any feedback on structure of course/ placements would be much appreciated.

I'm contemplating applying for 2013 entry, and just wanted to get people's thoughts? :smile:
Reply 1
Anyone on here applied? Heard that they are screening applications including mine on Friday and should hear soon after eek!:smile:
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Anyone???

Just had a letter today, and have an interview for this on 17th December, so happy, but extremely nervous.
Reply 3
Sooo, I've just been offered a place at Leicester for Social Work, and I am over the moon. Who else has an offer? Or applying to Leicester? Would be great to get to know others out there :smile: x
Reply 4
:smile: Hallo, i have an interview too on the 07/01/2013 at University of Birmingham but do not know what to meet there.
Reply 5
Yay well done! :smile: I have an offer for Criminology! I'm on my gap year, already finished my A-Levels, the offer is conditional on the basis they see my certificates - sent them off yesterday wahoo!

What made you choose Leicester? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by praise20
:smile: Hallo, i have an interview too on the 07/01/2013 at University of Birmingham but do not know what to meet there.

Congrats on your interview at UoB. Not sure how the layout there is, but at Leicester, we had a written test which was half an hour long and based on an article, a ten minute group discussion on a general topic, where there are about 4 prospective students, and there are staff and service users observing you, and then a half hour 1 to 1 interview. It wasn't half as scary as you expect, everyone else is just as nervous and in the same boat. Just read up on the main theories such as anti discriminatory practice and current issues and things that have been in the news. Good Luck x
Reply 7
Original post by hanwat20
Yay well done! :smile: I have an offer for Criminology! I'm on my gap year, already finished my A-Levels, the offer is conditional on the basis they see my certificates - sent them off yesterday wahoo!

What made you choose Leicester? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heya,

I find the campus welcoming, and like the fact that it is a small campus, but that the city is a short walk away + good facilities . I have other things to consider as well, as my course is half study, half placements, and the midlands has really good transport links, so if I have to travel a good distance, it would be easier to get to places. What about yourself? x
Reply 8
Original post by cate3110
Heya,

I find the campus welcoming, and like the fact that it is a small campus, but that the city is a short walk away + good facilities . I have other things to consider as well, as my course is half study, half placements, and the midlands has really good transport links, so if I have to travel a good distance, it would be easier to get to places. What about yourself? x

I agree, I think it's just a well run uni. It had great facilities like you said, and the department of Criminology just seemed really knowledgeable and dedicated to their work. Really pleased I had a look :smile:

Glad you liked it too! :biggrin: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest