The Student Room Group
Anonymous
i've got a small lump under my arm that comes and goes(comes when I'm pushing myself excercising) , it smells when I lift up that arm whenever I excercise. Is it just a blocked sweat gland(mum reckons it is) or something serious?anyone share experiences?
I am not getting it checked out in any circumstances :biggrin:

it it a lump or a boil cuz they are 2 differnet things? if it is a lump I had something similar is was the glands in my pit and it was painful I got it checked out at my doc's just in case and I reccomend that you book an appointment to be on the safe side even though you dont want to you shouldnt mess when it comes your health you can ask for someone else to see you if you are uncomfortable around your doc hope this helps :biggrin:
Reply 2
Are you a male or female?? If i was you then i would get it checked in case its something serious! Under arm could be something to do with you lymp nodes
Reply 3
i've had this too
it is a little hard lump that comes n stays for a bit then just goes
mine hasb't been any trouble so i think you'll be fine
Reply 4
Maybe its a buboe?

If it is, get someone to nail you into your bedroom, and pray for mercy, or wait to die.
I had something similar it was just after a cold
Unfortunetly i cant remember what the doctor said it was because me and my mum went to get it checked out it cud have been a blocked sweat glad but it was nothing to worry about and it eventually went away :smile:
you could send a picture of it to really embarasing illnesses if you dont want to see the doctor lol
Reply 6
Well it could be serious.. so when in doubt go to the doctor. Under the arm would suggest the lymphatic system (so however unlikely) - this could suggest lymphoma, spreading breast cancer, lymphatic cancer, leukemia etc.. - So get a professional opinion - these things always turn out better the earlier they're caught...
Reply 7
If it looks anything like this - http://www.logicalimages.com/images/catA_plagueBubonic1Lg.jpg - then it would appear you have bubonic plague. Best not to panic.
Reply 8
duckiciao
Maybe its a buboe?

If it is, get someone to nail you into your bedroom, and pray for mercy, or wait to die.
Damn, someone got there first... :biggrin: Probably just a blocked sweat gland or something.
Reply 9
I had something similar, turned out to be an infection which was treated successfully with a short course of antibiotics. It's unlikely to be very serious but as always best to get it checked out really.

Latest

Trending

Trending