The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Downing Pooled
i kickbox to relieve stress! :tongue: where and for what subject have u been pooled for?

Yeah I used to do karate for 5 years, while it was still free during school lol, it makes the adrenaline pump and makes you feel like you can take on the world.

Pooled from Newnham for Law.... I loved Newnham to bits *sighs*
I don't have anything to punch or kick so I resort to playing games where I can shoot the hell out of anything that moves
Stressed Chick
Yeah I used to do karate for 5 years, while it was still free during school lol, it makes the adrenaline pump and makes you feel like you can take on the world.

Pooled from Newnham for Law.... I loved Newnham to bits *sighs*

Aww me too - it is an awsome place, but as long as you didn't have your heart set on a women's college, you'll be really happy wherever. I bet they put the old jigsaw out for you in the drawing room while you waited for your interview - she thinks it will relax candidates but one once asked me if they *had* to do it... :frown:
Reply 483
i got pooled for law too, oh well i think im gonna try forget about it after today!:frown:
Admonitor
I don't have anything to punch or kick so I resort to playing games where I can shoot the hell out of anything that moves

Buy a punch bag; it is so satisfying to punch and kick for real and obviously, good to know that even though you're doing it, you're not hurting anybody else. Everyone does tell me to do the computer games thing but I just get bored lol!
Reply 485
:frown: I am a bit worried now. If I missed my phone call, and IF it was an interview call, would they offer it to someone else instead? My father's theory is that since alot of the poolees are similar, they might offer it to someone else instead, so I miss my chance by pure stupidity. :mad:
Scared!
Bumblebee3
Aww me too - it is an awsome place, but as long as you didn't have your heart set on a women's college, you'll be really happy wherever. I bet they put the old jigsaw out for you in the drawing room while you waited for your interview - she thinks it will relax candidates but one once asked me if they *had* to do it... :frown:

Unlike a lot of people, I did like the idea of staying in a women's college, it was the perfect mix of single-sex living and emphasis on female education, with a mixed learning and social life. But it was also the other things; great support system, the gym, the non-alcoholic nights, the beautiful gardens where you can walk on the grass.... and of course it was really friendly. And it offers belly dancing lessons, apparently!

Lol no I didn't get the jigsaw but it sounds fun!
Doraemen
:frown: I am a bit worried now. If I missed my phone call, and IF it was an interview call, would they offer it to someone else instead? My father's theory is that since alot of the poolees are similar, they might offer it to someone else instead, so I miss my chance by pure stupidity. :mad:
Scared!

NO - it isn't first come first served, you dad is definitely wrong about that. But you should call them.
Doraemen
Scared!

No they wouldn't do that- if they want you, they'll get you; they'll call again or email. If they've contacted you once then don't worry!
Reply 489
Bumblebee3
I bet they put the old jigsaw out for you in the drawing room while you waited for your interview - she thinks it will relax candidates but one once asked me if they *had* to do it...

Nah -- GS wasn't interviewing this year, so it wasn't there. Much to our general relief, actually, because of the scenario you describe above (it happens all the time...)!
Reply 490
Doraemen
Scared!

I'd hang on for a bit. If you hear nowt by 3/4ish give your college a call saying you a missed a call yesterday.
My friend and her boyfriend just popped around- my friend was pooled from Kings, and her boyfriend is currently studying at Kings.

The boyfriend's reaction when hearing I have been pooled from Newnham:
":O From Newnham? Really? Haha nobody's going to accept you if Newnham didn't"
Silence...
"Oh sorry, didn't mean to be rude... but it's the truth."

Gee. Thanks. That reaction seems pretty common though.
Reply 492
Stressed Chick
My friend and her boyfriend just popped around- my friend was pooled from Kings, and her boyfriend is currently studying at Kings.

The boyfriend's reaction when hearing I have been pooled from Newnham:
":O From Newnham? Really? Haha nobody's going to accept you if Newnham didn't"
Silence...
"Oh sorry, didn't mean to be rude... but it's the truth."

Gee. Thanks. That reaction seems pretty common though.

Hmm...great! Now I'm worried too.
Reply 493
don't think about that too much, i think if you have a good application and they need people in your subject you'll get noticed. However, as we've both been pooled for Law... which is crazily oversubscribed anyway... well, i think there's the real problem!
Downing Pooled
don't think about that too much, i think if you have a good application and they need people in your subject you'll get noticed. However, as we've both been pooled for Law... which is crazily oversubscribed anyway... well, i think there's the real problem!

Yeah I know, but most subjects are oversubsribed, they're never going to have enough spaces for all the applicants they think are good enough. Good luck... hopefully we'll be seeing each other in Law lectures or something
ZoeH
Hmm...great! Now I'm worried too.

Sorry! Wasn't my intention to get you worried too. And I doubt it's true, I mean I know Kings has a great reputation and all that but Newnham is probably just as good.
Reply 496
Don't worry, other people have told me the same thing as your friend. I'm trying to be hopeful but it's getting more and more difficult!
Reply 497
Thanks for the advices! Are you SURE about the not first come first serve basis? I've called my original College already - no answer, so I left a message and then emailed them again since I mumble alot on the phone :s-smilie: Might turn out to be nothing/rejection, but JUST IN CASE...*fingers crossed*

I've been to Newnham, the College is HUGE! And and the people are lovely too.
The more I think about it the more I wonder if my original college actually made the amendments to my form (about taking two AEAs at the end of this year) that I told them about.
ZoeH
Don't worry, other people have told me the same thing as your friend. I'm trying to be hopeful but it's getting more and more difficult!

Yeah same here. Especially because time keeps on ticking, and there is no answer. I think they've decided everyones fates by now, but are just contacting people at different times?

Latest

Trending

Trending