The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Last semester I had 2 or 3 early starts. This one I just have the one. Hoping I won't have loads next year as I'll be getting the bus in.
Reply 301
jonnythemoose
Great thread, guys. How many early starts do you guys have in general? (Obviously by early, I mean before 12pm :biggrin: )

3 9AMs a week. 5 10AM lectures a week.

Nice ..
Reply 302
you might find out that uni is not for you....*sigh*
I've got 4 9ams and 4 10ams, it sucks. Though when you look at how many of those lectures I attended you'll feel less sorry for me :p:
Reply 304
I've heard that it's mainly first years who get the early starts whereas as you move into 2nd/3rd year they get later..is this true?
seanw
****ing hell you're a twisted person. I hope it's just you and not uni that made you that way :/ lighten up

I've always been twisted.... but uni hasn't been the best experience of my life so far.

I'm actually amazed at how many people are commenting! It's almost daft IMO (but I'm not stopping any of you)
kates:)
I've heard that it's mainly first years who get the early starts whereas as you move into 2nd/3rd year they get later..is this true?

I always thought it was very much random...
Reply 307
kates:)

I'm sure that by the law of averages it must be true for some people. Personally, though, my 2nd year timetable was a total nightmare compared to my 1st year - earlier starts and a 5 p.m. finish on a Friday!
Hoping for better luck next year.
Reply 308
Heather_1
You're lucky you have cleaners. Actually I can guarentee if you live next to the kitchen, the cleaner will wake you up at 9am (on your spare days) as they empty the bins. Which always sound like they actually throw the bin around! And never seem to put the bin lid back on after they've throw it on the floor!

Lucky yours actually take the bin out.
Actually I don't really mind, my cleaner never comes in until about 12ish, so she never wakes us up.

I have five 9ams a week. And three five o'clock finishes. It's not good but at least I'm guarenteed an improvement next year.
I know one, if you have a similar sort of timetable to me you will come to appreciate the value of a sleep in. The only way I survive is getting to sleep in til 2 one day a week. (I do society stuff some weekends)
I had a lecture cancelled the otherweek, not starting til 10 or 11 makes a HUGE difference to how you feel. It's amazing.

Join some societies.
I'm active in a couple, its really good (especially when you hear other people wishing they had been active in at least one) And the more active you are in the society the more fun it is. At the start of the year when everyone seems to know each other its scary but at the end of the year and you're on the commitee and know these people it's worth it. And you'll get a chance to talk to older years, post grads and even a few people who've finished their degrees. It's good to get out of the bubble.

You'll notice a few third years who seem to do everything.

And I'm having the most amazing year of my life. The people I live with are amazing. We haven't had any arguements, when it came to shoosing flatmates for next year we are getting a HUGE house cos we couldn't face leaving each other. I'm not looking through rose tinted glasses, school was full of false friendships and w knew it. These are the most amazing bunch of wierdos and misfits I could ever hope to meet. One of my housemates put it really well when she pointed out that on the first day we were trying really hard to appear normal but by the end of the second we'd realised that everyone was a bit crazy and anything goes. We're all different but no one minds.

One thing you should know, university changes everything.
god, there are so many people whinging about their unis on here! should have gone to st andrews is all i can say!
here are a few things i have noticed:

1, getting post is the biggest ego-boost/breaker ever! in fact, to avoid dissapointment, i make sure i know that someone has sent me something before i go check =]

2, if you really are tired...you can sleep through ANYTHING. also, door buzzers, slamming doors etc seem to get blocked out after a while

3, age doesnt matter as much any more

4, your mobile bill will be much higher than usual during freshers week...watch out

5, attending lectures hugover/drunk is not uncommon

6, the best times had are often the ones that are unplanned.

7, it is acceptable to wonder round in your pj's (it takes a week or so to get out of the habbit when you get home)

8, freshers flu lasts WAY beyond freshers week

9, pre-drinking is essential to avoid becomming poor(er), especially when you realise your overdraft isnt free money

10, bank machines that give out £5 notes make your day =]

11, fire alarms are generally quite fun, even if they are at 4 in the morning. they are slightly less funny the night before an exam

12, freshers week is insane, but it was probably one of the best weeks of my life.
Reply 311
skittlesftw
h

WHERE?!
i thought everywhere did this!!!

at lancaster
Reply 313
yeh i get really happy because barclays bank atm gives u a £5 notes hehe lol and i havent even started uni yet
I hope they start doing this everywhere then. All of ours on campus give us tenners.
Reply 315
the latter part of your third year will be the most life sapping, soul crushing, depressing days of your life.

Enjoy.
£5 ATMS?? I'm there! I get a £10 out, and something deep inside of me...just FORCES me to spend every last penny of it...
Same. I hate it.
skittlesftw
11, fire alarms are generally quite fun, even if they are at 4 in the morning. they are slightly less funny the night before an exam

.... What the hell?
skittlesftw

Definitely true, there's one outside our union and I get very upset when it has no fivers left!

Can be annoying if you are rich for a while and you want that nice crisp £20 and it gives you two fives and a ten though :mad:

Latest

Trending

Trending