The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm going to do race for life, but I've got to make sure I'm definitely not working before I enter, I have to work one saturday/sunday a month and as I haven't started yet I don't know when it'll be!

Started the day with a bit of a lay in, and then 2 rounds of sun salutations. Woke up, and as I'd increased all my weights yesterday I'm really feeling it today especially in my arms :smile: so I thought what better way to start the day than with a really good stretch! It's made me feel a little more alive :smile:
I did a 12 hour shift yday at work finishing at mignight, had a two hour lunch break and thought I'd have time to go to the gym and eat but ummm nuh uh so I ended up doing the whole time on my feet and burning 500 calories at the gym on bran flakes and an apple, not good! I was so tired last night... and I only slept for like 4 hours and got up at six to drink a litre of water and eat a couple of rich tea biscuits (lol :confused: ) then went back to sleep!
thepinkpowerranger
I did a 12 hour shift yday at work finishing at mignight, had a two hour lunch break and thought I'd have time to go to the gym and eat but ummm nuh uh so I ended up doing the whole time on my feet and burning 500 calories at the gym on bran flakes and an apple, not good! I was so tired last night... and I only slept for like 4 hours and got up at six to drink a litre of water and eat a couple of rich tea biscuits (lol :confused: ) then went back to sleep!

You must have been starving!
tinkerbellejess
You must have been starving!

I didn't notice too much cos my feet and legs were aching :blush:. I'm hungry now but my dad's in the kitchen so I can't make anything for like an hour. :frown:
Reply 8404
I don't know what's wrong with me :frown: I had the ice-cream which was planned for and will within 1,500-1,600 kcals for today (which is good I guess bearing in mind I'm going to spenf two hours in the gym later and everything else I've eat or am going to eat in the evening is healthy) but it still made me feel really guilty and weird. I guess cheat meals don't work for me then?
Gosha: if you're going to the gym for two hours then it's fine - think of it as your treat for doing so well in the gym (only thing is you won't be able to have one after you've finished!).

I'm about to do my first online tesco shop. Any suggestions for good healthy food/recipes? I'm getting fed up of the usual beetroot/cottage cheese/ryvita etc!
Reply 8406
angie:nofrills
Gosha: if you're going to the gym for two hours then it's fine - think of it as your treat for doing so well in the gym (only thing is you won't be able to have one after you've finished!).

I'm about to do my first online tesco shop. Any suggestions for good healthy food/recipes? I'm getting fed up of the usual beetroot/cottage cheese/ryvita etc!

Do you like vegetables? I made the most delicious roasted vegetable concoction the other day: peppers, carrots, courgette, aubergine, sweet potato, butternut squash - all roasted in the oven with herbs and balsamic vinegar and stuff, mixed in with some bulgar wheat. It is so tasty, and you can make a massive bowl of it that will last for days. I eat it on its own cos I'm cheap but if you have it with some fish or chicken then even better I guess!
Seriously, roasted veg is the way forward, I love it, and I'm someone who never actually used to like vegetables!

Also you could try mixing up some brown rice/bulgar wheat/cous cous with some tuna (tinned is fine), sweetcorn, spinach - well anything basically! I like just chucking together whatever I can find in the kitchen. I dont really do 'recipes' as such.
I'll shush now before I rattle on too much.
I swear to god sunshine is the best diet ever. I just literally go all day not hungry or even bored and snacky. Plus lying round in a bikini makes you more aware of your body so I guess you don't want loads of food to bloat you up. I hope this sunshine lasts, I'll be at my dream weight in no time!
Reply 8408
Is anyone else having trouble getting onto food focus? I get redirected to a page saying "please contct billing/support this account has been suspended".... which is very strange to say the least...
yeah same here :frown:

eidt: they've probably exceeded the bandwidth on their server or something.
Reply 8410
angie:nofrills

that's the thing - I know it's fine (and eating less wouldn't be probably be very healthy because I guess I've burnt lost of calories)..but still a little voice in my head was telling me I should have been guilty
thanks anyway, I'm back from the gym and feel much better now (thanks to endorphins probably :smile: )
I want to get a new scale, can i just get any old one or am i better off getting a digital scale that does fancy stuff,and if so why?
my scales were a fiver from ASDA. seem to work fine!
well all that body fat measuring stuff is ****e and tbh in my experience anything that promises to store your weight is too fussy when paper and pencil is so easy. if it were me i'd buy any old thing as long as the weights seemed reasonably accurate. but meh.
I had a lush supper;

courgettes, mushrooms, onions, peppers and garlic fried up with a bit of fly light 1cal spray, mixed up with chopped tomatoes (tinned) served with new potatoes and corn on the cob! twas lush.

I'm currently drinking nesquik strawberry milkshake ; is this very high in calories?
it should say on the bottle no??

i'm really craving salad and i'm all out of any kind of cold food..... gonna go down to m&s in a bit and get something mega yummy :biggrin:
leona
Do you like vegetables? I made the most delicious roasted vegetable concoction the other day: peppers, carrots, courgette, aubergine, sweet potato, butternut squash - all roasted in the oven with herbs and balsamic vinegar and stuff, mixed in with some bulgar wheat. It is so tasty, and you can make a massive bowl of it that will last for days. I eat it on its own cos I'm cheap but if you have it with some fish or chicken then even better I guess!
Seriously, roasted veg is the way forward, I love it, and I'm someone who never actually used to like vegetables!

Also you could try mixing up some brown rice/bulgar wheat/cous cous with some tuna (tinned is fine), sweetcorn, spinach - well anything basically! I like just chucking together whatever I can find in the kitchen. I dont really do 'recipes' as such.
I'll shush now before I rattle on too much.

Yeah i love veg, i'm vegetarian so that's handy! I love roasted veg, i put bbq flakes on top! Or sometimes thyme/rosemary type. Sooo nice. I sometimes have it with couscous too, and take some to school the following night then!

I've ordered from tesco: aubergine, butternut squash, courgettes, mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes, swede, celeriac and spinach! Should be an exciting few weeks, i quite like cooking and experimenting.

(I didn't just buy veg by the way, I bought loads of normal stuff too, like pasta, couscous , fruit, and the likes).
beebeeworm
I swear to god sunshine is the best diet ever. I just literally go all day not hungry or even bored and snacky. Plus lying round in a bikini makes you more aware of your body so I guess you don't want loads of food to bloat you up. I hope this sunshine lasts, I'll be at my dream weight in no time!

Yeah, the heat's made me completely lose my appetite - no temptation at all to snack and just not in the mood for food really. Haven't had dinner yet but it's a bit too late now for a proper meal so will have some fruit and a yogurt in a bit as don't want to eat too little and end up binging later in the week.
beetroot is LOVELY

I'd forgotten :redface:
SilverWings
beetroot is LOVELY

I'd forgotten :redface:

Totally agree. I only discovered it about a year ago after 20 years of thinking it was the most awful thing on the planet without even tasting it. I love it now, especially the crinkle cut beetroot from M&S which always seems to be on offer. Woo!

Latest