The Student Room Group
This year at Deloitte will be at a hotel near Birmingham (sharing rooms apparently - hmm) from Sunday to Wednesday, then going to respective offices for IT training and the like till Friday.
Sharing ROOMS?! That's a little, ummm, weird - considering you would have just met the people!
Reply 3
lol yaa, i hope its different with KPMG.
Reply 4
I've not heard anything about the KPMG induction yet, but then I've only just had the email to ask me which department I want to work in!!

Is it one induction for everyone across the country then?
Reply 5
lukealexander
This year at Deloitte will be at a hotel near Birmingham (sharing rooms apparently - hmm) from Sunday to Wednesday, then going to respective offices for IT training and the like till Friday.

Where did you hear about the shared rooms? i was on it last year and they weren't shared rooms. Also the course was only 2 days (1 night)
Reply 6
Its definetly shared rooms, got a email from my HR contact saying it was shared and you would be allocated a room before you get there. Looking at the hotel it seems as if all the rooms have 1 double bed couldnt see anything else - could be very weird sharing with what will be a stranger seeing as you only just met!!

Its 3 nights this year for the induction Sun til Wed
Reply 7
I could perhaps understand sharing a room but sharing a bed too?! Surely not...
Muppets0
I could perhaps understand sharing a room but sharing a bed too?! Surely not...

taking networking to another level.:p:
Reply 9
sharing the bed 2.. surprised!!
Well, I suppose it wouldn't be soo bad if you were sharing the bed next to someone hot...but I doubt you get to choose who you share with lol
Reply 11
I'm sure they can't actually expect you to share a bed with someone - that'd just be absolutely ridiculous. Same-sex room sharing I could just about understand, though I'd still be very surprised and would personally expect not to have to share a room during induction.
whats worse is hearing heavy panting from the 'double-bed room' next door!

think about it, lying there with your 'collegue' (especially with an opposite sex collegue), and hearing 'noises' eminating from the next room, and wondering, "what is my bed-mate thinking? should we be doing the same? does he/she want to do it?"

cringeworthy stuff!
Reply 13
lol all of a sudden i m really lukin forward to it:P
lukealexander
It is same sex only and the partner is chosen for you.

I was pretty annoyed when I found out.

beggars can't be choosers. i'm pretty fine with sleeping with other people (lots of survival training in Dartmoor saw to that), but what i couldn't stand is if some is snoring! i'd seriously maim that person!
Reply 15
Anyone know the arrangements for PwC internship inductions regarding rooms? I could just about handle shared rooms but shared beds would be too much!
Reply 16
Just to confirm, Deloitte *is* shared rooms (same sex) but *not* shared beds (thank heavens!) - as I said I thought that'd be a step too far!!

Edit: if a snoring roommate is a problem, just invest in some good earplugs before you go. Sorted.
annah583

Edit: if a snoring roommate is a problem, just invest in some good earplugs before you go. Sorted.

agreed. that way you could stuff them down the other person's throat

Latest

Trending

Trending