The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
urbandervish
Pizza Hut.

I have had poor service over here, echoed even more so by my experience in Barcelona.Naively I thought this was only a problem in good old Blighty, but I was profoundly "cheesed off" by the slowness to take an order, :sleepycheese:
[sorry...!] to deliver the right food and generally, to make the customer feel valued. All this, and then to be charged close on £30 for two. A world chain should surely be run along simlar lines wherever you are~ but then, I guess it was, if rudeness and inefficency are anything to go by.

I had such a similar experience a couple of years ago. Myself and 5 other guys had gone to Pizza Hut after a movie as it was the only place in the complex that didn't have a huge queue for food. So we get there and it takes us about 45 minutes from sitting down at the table to placing our order. It then took us another 45 minutes to actually get the food and frankly Pizza Hut is definitely not worth the 1.5 hour wait! In the end, we complained to the Manager but we were felt as though we were in the wrong for complaining. We weren't even looking to get money off our meal or anything free. We just wanted an apology for the horrendous service. Heck, they even said they wanted to check security tapes before they'd believe us. In the end we just gave up and left; it just didn't seem worth it.

I remember I had gone to get a haircut from SuperCuts. Half way through cutting my hair the idiot stops, goes to see to some good looking woman and starts helping her choose a hair product for about 5 minutes. All the time I'm sitting there thinking "WTF? Get back here and finish my hair!" I ended up just going up to him and telling him that if he didn't finish I'd walk out and go to the place next door instead. He quickly got back to it!
Reply 61
PinkMobilePhone
At my old house the supermarket that was within walking distance was Kwik Save (it's closed down now). The customer service there was terrible.

It was supposed to close at 8pm on Weekdays, so one day I went down there to buy some milk. I was REALLY heavily pregnant at this point with my daughter (about 2 weeks before I was due) and I was craving milkshakes like god knows what....and I'd run out of milk.
It was 7.45pm when I got there - I thought that was fine - it doesn't take 15 minutes to get milk. Would they let me in? Would they heck. They said it was 'too close to closing time' and refused to let me in. I was standing outside with a bunch of other people that they wouldn't let in - everybody looking dismayed.
Being a pregnant bitch that was desperate for milk, I started shouting that I wanted to see the manager. Eventually the assistant manager came out and he was saying the same thing, we couldn't come in. I pointed out that if they advertise closing time as 8pm, they ought to close at 8pm, and he couldn't disagree with me....but still didn't let us in.
I was fuming - had a right go at him - denying a poor pregnant woman some milk! He didn't care though - tosser! I went home and sent a letter to trading standards that night complaining about false advertising of closing times!

Another time, in that same Kwik Save, I wanted to buy something (I forget what it was) and they were on 2 for 1 offer - but there was only 1 left on the shelf. I decided to ask a shop assistant that was wandering around to look in the back and see if there were any in stock so that I wouldn't miss out on the offer. So he told me to wait there and he would go and look.
I waited, and I waited, and I waited....then I looked over at the tills and noticed that same shop assistant was now on a till serving customers! He just left me standing there like a right wally!
So I barged my way to the front of the queue and fumed at him, telling him that his customer service was appalling and that he had better get his act together - everybody in the queue was just staring at me.

I'm a right one for kicking off if people piss me off, it has to be said.

LOL!!! jus realised your from leeds. which kwik save was this?
an_end_has_a_start
where were they arguing/discussing this?

In the restaurant, when they should've been cleaning tables.
Lord Hysteria
PC World - they smile when they take your money but treat you like rubbish after you pay. :motz:

I will never buy from them again.

I kind of guessed this would involve PC World bashing. Which is unfair as a general rule.

I think it is fair enough if you have had a bad experience but not every shop is like that nor every member of staff.

When I worked at PC World everyone was amazing. We actually cared about the customers and on a couple of occasions we risked getting ourselves sacked to try and help.

For example, woman flying to Canada on Christmas Eve. Her camera broke. Wanted a replacement. She had taken out cover but that only covered her up to the price of her camera but she didn't want any that were that price. The boss said she would have to pay the difference as she wanted a really fancy top of the range one instead. I carried out the transaction - giving her the camera the boss said was covered. Then returned that camera and exchanged it for the dearer one, knocking the difference off the price. She gets something she wasn't really entitled to and goes home to pack for her trip. See, we are nice people.

You might be surprised but most customer service agents at PC World are more than happy to give great customer service - we don't get in trouble with the boss and the atmosphere is generally more pleasant and you know it feels good. But, the number of 'customers' that come in just to rant and rave. As soon as someone swears and me or shouts at me that is it. I lose respect for them. I stick to the rules, however silly they might be, and don't go out of my way to help. In contrast, as I understand how frustrating things can be, if someone respects me then I will do everything I can to help.

Just my point of view - fed up of PC World bashing.
Reply 64
PC World. My £800 laptop I bought from them broke, I took it into the store to get it fixed, and spent fifteen minutes arguing with the store manager, waving my warranty in front of him, to show him that the repair was covered for free in the warranty.

Eventually got it for free as there was another women there with the same problem.
I've never had any issue with Pizza Hut in any country! :confused:
Lord Hysteria
My mum speaks French and she was shopping in London and the shop floor workers were laughing at her at something in French .. thinking she didn't know and retort "I demand to see your floor manager immediately .." in French - she got a massive reduction that day :p:

Hehe, totally owned :biggrin:
brimstone
PC World. My £800 laptop I bought from them broke, I took it into the store to get it fixed, and spent fifteen minutes arguing with the store manager, waving my warranty in front of him, to show him that the repair was covered for free in the warranty.

Eventually got it for free as there was another women there with the same problem.

I don't know wtf is wrong with PC World but they seem to annoy a lot of their customers.
weet_ABI_x
I've never had any issue with Pizza Hut in any country! :confused:

yeah .. yeah ... see you at KCL Law :smile:
Lord Hysteria
I don't know wtf is wrong with PC World but they seem to annoy a lot of their customers.

PC gone mad? :p:
urbandervish
PC gone mad? :p:

it must be annoying having to constantly add the fint setting? that would drive me mad ... :smile:
affinity89
I kind of guessed this would involve PC World bashing. Which is unfair as a general rule.

I think it is fair enough if you have had a bad experience but not every shop is like that nor every member of staff.

When I worked at PC World everyone was amazing. We actually cared about the customers and on a couple of occasions we risked getting ourselves sacked to try and help.

For example, woman flying to Canada on Christmas Eve. Her camera broke. Wanted a replacement. She had taken out cover but that only covered her up to the price of her camera but she didn't want any that were that price. The boss said she would have to pay the difference as she wanted a really fancy top of the range one instead. I carried out the transaction - giving her the camera the boss said was covered. Then returned that camera and exchanged it for the dearer one, knocking the difference off the price. She gets something she wasn't really entitled to and goes home to pack for her trip. See, we are nice people.

You might be surprised but most customer service agents at PC World are more than happy to give great customer service - we don't get in trouble with the boss and the atmosphere is generally more pleasant and you know it feels good. But, the number of 'customers' that come in just to rant and rave. As soon as someone swears and me or shouts at me that is it. I lose respect for them. I stick to the rules, however silly they might be, and don't go out of my way to help. In contrast, as I understand how frustrating things can be, if someone respects me then I will do everything I can to help.

Just my point of view - fed up of PC World bashing.

One thing that I've always found annoying about PC World employees in general is that they always try to push insurance/extended warranties upon you, then when you say "no thanks", they threaten that you won't be able to get it fixed if it breaks down through normal use. I was told something along these lines when I refused their insurance package:

"Well, you won't be covered for software problems, only hardware problems, and you'll have to send if off to them and wait at least 7 days, maybe more..."

I'm sure that if I did come in and talk to an employee about a problem that I had, they would help me regardless, especially if I waved the warranty at them, but the fact that they use scare tactics to get me to buy an unneccessary insurance package, that probably has huge profit margins, is unnaceptable. Presumably they do it because they get a higher comission rate for selling insurance.
Lord Hysteria
it must be annoying having to constantly add the fint setting? that would drive me mad ... :smile:

;thumbsup;

Interesting you say that, [the first to mention] normally it's defence lawyers who send written texts, such as Police reports [in criminal cases] to 'forensic' linguists, usually to analyse signs of tampering.

You're gonna make a good lawyer! :wink:

By the way, did you rep me last night?
urbandervish
;thumbsup;

Interesting you say that, [the first to mention] normally it's defence lawyers who send written texts, such as Police reports [in criminal cases] to 'forensic' linguists, usually to analyse signs of tampering.

You're gonna make a good lawyer! :wink:

By the way, did you rep me last night?

one does what one can :biggrin:
Reply 74
One of my greatest thrills in life (sad, isn't it) is writing letters of complaint about ****ty service I have recieved. Coming from Australia where customer service does actually do what you ask, politely and in a timely manner, dealing with UK CSOs is like sticking my head in a bucket of flaming tar.

British Gas were the worst. NEXT is awful, truly dire. Lloyds can **** right off. And would it hurt anyone to smile?

I ALWAYS get names, ask to see a manager, ask for a call to be escalated to a supervisor and will continue to do so no matter what they say in return. Pizza Hut/Perfect Pizza have incurred my wrath.

None of these places are going to get any better at Customer Service unless you complain. So complain and demand decent service.
Segat1
One of my greatest thrills in life (sad, isn't it) is writing letters of complaint about ****ty service I have recieved. Coming from Australia where customer service does actually do what you ask, politely and in a timely manner, dealing with UK CSOs is like sticking my head in a bucket of flaming tar.

British Gas were the worst. NEXT is awful, truly dire. Lloyds can **** right off. And would it hurt anyone to smile?

I ALWAYS get names, ask to see a manager, ask for a call to be escalated to a supervisor and will continue to do so no matter what they say in return. Pizza Hut/Perfect Pizza have incurred my wrath.

None of these places are going to get any better at Customer Service unless you complain. So complain and demand decent service.

I bet you told them to cock off :p:

Whats wrong with NEXT? The clothes shop-chain?
beckiestar
Orange full stop.
They're awful in the shop, awful on the phone!
Unfortunately I have 8months of my contract left :frown:

Me too! :frown: Stupid rude people! :mad:
I one bought a phone from Tesco, it was crap and it kept loosing signal for no reason.
Anyway, I took it back for a refund within the 21 days with the reciept and everything but they refused to accept it because there was no obvious 'fault.' Despite being unable to make calls practically anywhere.
That really got my blood boiling.

Also had a bad experience in Currys, where a man practically forced me to buy a digital camera and wouldnt let me back out of the sale. Luckily its a nice camera, but at the time I really didn't particularly like it.
I get very annoyed if I receive crap service normally. I work on a customer service desk myself so I know what it's like to hear people complain.
Reply 79
Lord Hysteria
PC World - they smile when they take your money but treat you like rubbish after you pay. :motz:

I will never buy from them again.

:ditto: Really, really rude. Wouldn't ever spend my money in there again.

Latest

Trending

Trending