The Student Room Group
orangeboy
So a lot of us are well into our university summer holidays. Mine's going crap because I can't get a job, had offers but they won't employ me for only a few months. Anyway, i was wondering how your mates from back home behave with you and if they're willing to do things like they used to?

I text mine every so often asking if they want to do something and half the time it's like talking to a prick wall, they never text back! :mad:
They are of course acting differently and with more distance, I don't know why.

However, my partner is having a well good time meeting up with us mates and **** while me, well, I feel quit lonely because my bloody mates won't meet me!

What's it been like for you?

Think I'm going permanently live at uni next year!

Think I'm going permenantly live at uni next year!

Heh.
they might not be speaking to you because you might have ignored them all year.
A prick wall?

Erm...make new friends?
check you have the right numbers?
Reply 5
Same for me really, even people that are meant to be "close friends"

pfft friends.
Reply 6
I'm lonely and bored 'cause my mates all have jobs, I feel ya. I still play tennis and go out clubbing with them ever so often though.

I dunno just go call on them at their house if you know where they live?
Perhaps they got jobs or changed numbers while you were away so aren't replying.
Reply 7
Well if someone bothers to organise something, then all my friends will go, but generally no-one organises anything (including myself, ahem)! And we're all broke and everythings expensive.

I guess its just a bit strange cause most of my close friends went to uni but we've had very different experiences of it. My two best mates from school do the same course at the same uni and live together and haven't really thrown themselves into uni life at all.. which is odd. Another friend works really really hard and is doing a year in industry next year. Another failed all her exams. Another is very quiet but took up pole dancing. Another does medicine like me and is very into sports and drama at uni.

Like obviously we still like each other but we don't have so much in common now. We'll all finish uni at different times and be doing different things when we do. Hmmm.
I only really have a couple people I could be bothered meeting up with, but what with work and revision for resits I dont have the time. If someone texts me saying do you want to meet up, I never turn them down though cos its a nice break.
Reply 9
I've tried to meet up with a few friends however at the moment a lot of people are traveling around. I was in the Far East for 2 weeks while one of my best friends is in Costa Rica for about a month and a half, another friend is never around due to working for the RAF as part of a University Air Squadron, another is a dentist and doesn't have much of a Summer holiday (only a few weeks) so he's still at Uni and another friend is around but I've just not had the opportunity to meet with them. It's irritating but I know we'll all meet up when everyone is back.

Orangeboy...do you have any friends from Uni near to where you live? Or any that are free for you to go visit? I've met up with a lot of my uni friends; some live close by, some live further away so they come over and stay at mine for a few days or I go there. Why not go do that if you're not having luck meeting with friends at home?
Reply 10
Maybe your friends don't like you.
Reply 11
Well you soon realise who your real friends are once you've left school/college. Most of my "close" friends don't text me back either. So I've stopped running after them, I've done all I have, and so have you. Move on, find new friends, get in touch with your uni friends if you can and know for next year to spend your summer doing something more worth while.

Latest

Trending

Trending