The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7800
oooooh election time! how exciting!!! drinking games sound good to me :biggrin: i can't wait!! i can't wait till our general election eaither tbh :smile:
Chess Piece Face
I'm pretty sure my freshers' handbook explicitly says that the bedders don't make the bed... :s-smilie:

I'm scared of forgetting to lock the door of my room... I'll take extra special care to remember that!

Have fun! :smile:

Oh yeah, I just wanted to ask - without wanting to get in any kind of political discussion - is there anyone here who will be willing to stay up and watch the US presidential election with me up at Cam? I've become quite fascinated by it recently...

Join the Assassin's Guild in Cambridge. You'll *never* forget to lock your door again.
Reply 7802
Chess Piece Face
I'm scared of forgetting to lock the door of my room... I'll take extra special care to remember that!

Mem doors are very heavy, and always lock automatically, unless you put them on the latch. So if you'd rather not spend your first week running to the porters for the spare key*, bring a doorstop! :p:

*not that I did this. Oh, no. :ninja:
Reply 7803
I'm scared, very scared :frown:

.... http://www.cam.ac.uk/about/natscitripos/advice/new/howhard.html

I think I'm behind already... my life is going to be a giant sleep deprived schedule and it just sank in!!
Reply 7804
"To survive and thrive, you will need to be organised and self-disciplined."
Oh *insert expletive here*! I am neither of those things. What am I doing?? :frown:
emilY?
I'm scared, very scared :frown:

.... http://www.cam.ac.uk/about/natscitripos/advice/new/howhard.html

I think I'm behind already... my life is going to be a giant sleep deprived schedule and it just sank in!!

Yeah, I'm a bit worried with the work load as well especially I'm studying something that I've never done before so I don't even know how to prepare for it! :frown:
Reply 7806
How did you find that/ is there something similar for Law? I can't remember exactly but that is tonnes more timetabled work than for Law/Arts subjects. Scientists do get a lot more contact time whilst us Arts students are supposed to be reading but I didn't expect it to be that different. Evidently you guys are in for a comfortable three years :p:
DominicJ
Yeah, I'll watch it too, regardless of who it is.
But we gotta make a drinking game outta it! For every state McCain wins, Obama supporters take a shot. And the other way round.

What's politics without alcohol :tongue:

Count me in (alcohol or not):biggrin:
SunderX
Join the Assassin's Guild in Cambridge. You'll *never* forget to lock your door again.

Huh???:s-smilie: :s-smilie: :confused:

The drinking game sounds fun, especially if the room is spread roughly equally between McCain supporters and Obama supporters...:yep: :yep:
Reply 7809
Rudrax
How did you find that/ is there something similar for Law? I can't remember exactly but that is tonnes more timetabled work than for Law/Arts subjects. Scientists do get a lot more contact time whilst us Arts students are supposed to be reading but I didn't expect it to be that different. Evidently you guys are in for a comfortable three years :p:

I just googled NatSci Cambridge :p: I'm so simple :smile:
Reply 7810
personaly i'm looking forward to the saturday lectures :yep:
smilepea
personaly i'm looking forward to the saturday lectures

wait, what? sat lectures? are you mad? are those real? are you kidding? or is it just for mathmos, cos to me sat is like totally holy, its when you do nothing, and/or nurse a hangover.
KMT-CCP.GuoMinGongchan
wait, what? sat lectures? are you mad? are those real? are you kidding? or is it just for mathmos, cos to me sat is like totally holy, its when you do nothing, and/or nurse a hangover.

you nurse a hangover every day when you're at uni lol...
Reply 7813
KMT-CCP.GuoMinGongchan

yes (sadly) they're real :smile: I think it's only mathmos and nat scis that get them, but i could be wrong

but luckly mine don't start till 10, by which time i'm normaly human if i've been drinking :smile:
smilepea
yes (sadly) they're real :smile: I think it's only mathmos and nat scis that get them, but i could be wrong

but luckly mine don't start till 10, by which time i'm normaly human if i've been drinking :smile:

you've already got your timetable?
Reply 7815
thegluups
you've already got your timetable?

It's about on the interweb :smile: someone posted it in the maths thread :smile: and my dad also found it and printed me off a copy LOL
smilepea
It's about on the interweb :smile: someone posted it in the maths thread :smile: and my dad also found it and printed me off a copy LOL

* opens up google and frantically starts searchng *
Reply 7817
thegluups
* opens up google and frantically starts searchng *

If you come across the straight law one, post that too please :biggrin:
Hey Rudrax, this might interest you http://www.law.cam.ac.uk/docs/view_doc_info.php?class=18&order=doc_title&dir=asc&doc=5144&page=1&start=0

Im not quite sure I understand what is for us and what isn't...

I mean, according to te time table, we have something like 20 hours of french law...
Reply 7819
Firstly, that is a lot of empty space, thought the law faculty would be busier than that, don't know why.

Secondly, 3 lectures on Monday morning! Basically straight after each other too! :eek:

Thanks for the link btw, I'd seen it but never bothered looking at it.

Latest

Trending

Trending