The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Clodagh
Did you get in lots of trouble each week?!? :s-smilie:

In my 1st year it got to the level where the Master called up my parents :eek: :redface: I'm a good boy now :smile:
Now i'm really scared. If ur meant to do work (eg essays, revising etc) over the holidays how do u have time for anything else. If i get the grades and get in i was planning to work like mad (paid work) over the hols to get lots of money to get me through uni, but does this mean i wont be able to do much paid work in preference to uni work?
Reply 22
_mad_moo_
Now i'm really scared. If ur meant to do work (eg essays, revising etc) over the holidays how do u have time for anything else. If i get the grades and get in i was planning to work like mad (paid work) over the hols to get lots of money to get me through uni, but does this mean i wont be able to do much paid work in preference to uni work?

i took on full time employment for 2.5 months over the summer.

christmas & easter would have been no go though - too much work. & spare time = for relaxing!

but, it probably depends on subjects.
Clearly Univ sucks then :smile:
Drogue
We only get 4.... :redface:

Pffffft. When I said 8, I meant for one paper, so I'm talking sixteen essays per term back in the days. :smile:
_mad_moo_

Summers are virtually completely free, like Elles I did 2.5 months full-time over summer, and that alone should give you enough to get through uni. It's possible to do e.g. paid work during the day and academic in the evenings or vice-versa during Christmas/Easter hols but you really need some time to chill out after a hectic term, quite a lot go on holiday for 2/3 weeks.
Reply 25
Jools
In my 1st year it got to the level where the Master called up my parents :eek: :redface: I'm a good boy now :smile:

Dude I thought unis were meant to treat studes like adults :eek: :rolleyes:
I worked a full 3 months solid in my first summer...
Reply 27
ThePants999
I worked a full 3 months solid in my first summer...

Doing what? Just random jobs or something professional?
The latter. But my point was simply one of the length of time it's possible to take entirely off academic work in the long vac.
I managed to work for 3 weeks over christmas in my first year, and intend to do the same over easter. I think its possible, it depends on your subject and also if you are the sort of person who will worry if they haven't done mountains of revision for collections.
Does anyone know what the workload is like for Computer Science students? I've heard loads of people talking about other subjects but no mathsy people have shown up so far..
Reply 31
Maths students do feck all generally.

Latest

Trending

Trending