The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:ditto: moosey and min. Particularly given that I'm doing third year philosophy, I have no idea how that was remotely possible.
Reply 1981
Yep :ditto:
I have a feeling that this is going to be my favourite year, because so far its kind of manageable to do the level of reading I want to do and meet the deadlines while still having a social life :rolleyes: Which is a plus :biggrin: Oh and my course options this year are amazing :eek:
Reply 1982
ukebert
:console: That sounds dreadful :frown: Poor Craggy.

Its sent now... (well earlier) thank goodness! And I've had a few hours sleep :biggrin: It will need some more tweaking before submission in a week, but the biggest effort is over I think. Although I probably shouldn't speak so soon - have no idea what the supervisor will say about it tomorrow.

7 days till freedom :^^:
Reply 1983
Just finished physics work, but have a suspicion my supervisor will not be pleased by my methods, or the lack of words.
Craghyrax

Fair does

I think it is "Fair do's", isn't it? Or is it "doos"? :o:

groovy_moose
Personally i find uni much harder than working full time, even when i was doing ridiculous things like 55-60 hours per week, because even though you might spent more ime there, it's not something you necessarily have to care that much about, and when you go hoe you can forget about it. I find myself with lingering perpetual guilt as to the amount of work i do at uni, apart from times like now when i know full well that i'm doing ridiculous amounts, because i don't know how i would fit it all in otherwise...

Oh Lord this.

I have actually had a mildly productive afternoon today :smile: With any luck I might be able to finish my examples paper today :biggrin: That'd be one down, 2 to go, both for, er, Monday...

EDIT: Congratulations Craggy :biggrin:

I am starting to feel sleepy again. If I come on tomorrow morning, after the session, will someone please tell me off? :p:
Reply 1985
I'm still trying to chase down a supervisor for my INT project :dry: I'm not particularly impressed about this in week 8.. :dry:
Reply 1986
ukebert
I think it is "Fair do's", isn't it? Or is it "doos"? :o:

Ah.. thanks for that :biggrin: I never quite knew... :s-smilie:
ukebert

I am starting to feel sleepy again. If I come on tomorrow morning, after the session, will someone please tell me off? :p:

If I'm not asleep... :p:

Hmm.. hall in 15mins. I should probably get out of my pyjamas at some point, and switch on some form of light in here other than the lavalamp.
Arrrgh.

We had exposition cancelled on Monday, due to the fact that we had already finished the syllabus. This would have meant that I could have woken up at 1030 on Monday. However, we are now filling it with Supervisions, as my supervisor couldn't do the ones in the afternoon. This means that I have a Maths supervision at 10am and as such can only sleep in by one hour :frown:
Tom
That's ridiculous :eek: I'd say skip 'em anyway and just laugh at whoever's running them if they try to pressure college into sending you a bill. So long as your supervisors for your assessed modules are happy with your work I can't see the college having much grounds to stir trouble over your attendance or attainment.

My DoS thinks they're a really good idea. Initially myself and the other Russianist weren't going to be able to go because they clashed with our Russian conversation class, but he told us to make special arrangements to go to a different college to have them. I'm sure they are useful for people who do French or German, but they have very little bearing on Spanish and Russian. Probably more so for Spanish, but a lot of the relevant things I've actually already covered at school, like the Enlightenment, Romanticism, Roman Catholicism vs. Protestantism etc. We're not doing them in any more depth than I did at A level, so it's fairly pointless, and just a stupid amount of reading for very little purpose.

Today I kept myself awake by counting the number of times he said the word dichotomy. It was 7 :smile: (3 in one sentence!) And I actually contributed by waffling for a while about Kant. Shocker :rolleyes:
I'm keeping myself awake in Linear Circuits because the lecturer does scary eyes every so often :o:
Reply 1990
I'm going to Trinity Formal tonight :yep: . Should be good.

Anyways, is there an experienced cantab around who can help me with the following:

-Which of the online services (esp. Hermes, Raven, Careers Website, CamSIS) will I be able to access from outside the .cam.ac.uk domain (read: at home) ?

-Where in Cambridge can I get a cheap padlock for my cupboard?

Reply 1991
Y__
I'm going to Trinity Formal tonight :yep: . Should be good.

Anyways, is there an experienced cantab around who can help me with the following:

-Which of the online services (esp. Hermes, Raven, Careers Website, CamSIS) will I be able to access from outside the .cam.ac.uk domain (read: at home) ?

All of the above, via your raven password.
Y_

-Where in Cambridge can I get a cheap padlock for my cupboard?

Argos - Grafton.
Reply 1992
The only thing I have been unable to reach outside Cambridge have been some materials on departmental webpages. But they seem to be moving towards allowing access with Raven passwords.
Even I do more than an hour a day, and I'm supposed to be the laziest person in Cambridge. Although I can understand how you could manage on it, but it'd be a bit risky - leaves you open to being totally screwed by the exam papers.
Reply 1994
Athena
I'm a Cambridge applicant now :afraid:

:biggrin:

(I know this doesn't work out because even in terms of colours, we're the light (blue) side... but still... well... it's funny, isn't it? No? :getmecoat: )
Have you sent your form off? I've just printed one off and am considering filling it in!
Reply 1996
I'm so tired :frown: and just feel a bit unappreciated (even though I know I am...but)
To be fair that's probably cheaper given the amount of printer ink I get through in a term. I'm about to put in my third cartridge this term, and I submit my essays by email.
ouch! I'll just rock up and hand mine in in person.
Reply 1999
Can you guys make a separate grad applications thread? It's just that seeing chat about it in here makes me panic. :frown: Thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending