The Student Room Group

Campaign to change the word 'fish' to 'sea kitten' by PETA

http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/

"Would people think twice about ordering fish sticks if they were called sea kitten sticks? Would sea kitten soufflé be a hot seller at the local seafood restaurant? Does fillet o' sea kitten sound even remotely appetizing? Learn more about the new campaign to save fish by changing their name."

Sorry... but a fish is a fish in my opinion, not a cat. :/ Just feels like the "every time you masturbate, God kills a kitten" emotional blackmail route to me. I personally find the campaign ridiculous. Thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
lol peta
Everything PETA does is ridiculous, but this seems even more-so.
So... if we run out of 'fish', we can just drown kittens to get some more! PETAs solution to the cod stock shortage?
Reply 4
oh my god i just lost any respect i had for PETA
Lol.
Reply 6
Aw, that's lovely.
Reply 7
viirkokka
oh my god i just lost any respect i had for PETA

I'm shocked that you had any to lose in the first place.
Reply 8
Awwww... even a monk fish would be cute if it was called monkseakitten. If anything I would increase my fish intake.
I saw a documentary about PETA and they were standing outside a primary school. When the little children were about to head home after school the PETA members stopped a few and asked "Do you have friends? (Yeah..) Do you like your friends? (Yeah...) Would you kill and eat your friends? (Uhh.. *blank stare*) Because that's what you do when you eat meat." That was a bit too harsh, I think... No need to harass children to get your point across!
Reply 10
Ha. Fish are not cats. I like the create your own Sea Kitten thing on the website.
Reply 11
Sea kittens are scaly and smell after a few days.

Land kittens are cute and cuddly. :huff:

Also lol PETA
Reply 12
I made my own sea kitten. I called it "Happy".

I then closed my browser tab and killed it. :frown:
On the website it implies fish are horrible and people eat them because of this (?)
But if they're sea kittens people won't eat them. **** that, i'd eat a cat any day.
Apparently PETA aren't interested in being taken seriously.
DJW
Apparently PETA aren't interested in being taken seriously.

No wonder when you have celebrity supporters like Pamela Anderson.
L i b
I made my own sea kitten. I called it "Happy".

I then closed my browser tab and killed it. :frown:

You're going to have a PETA mob wielding picket signs outside your door any moment now. ¬_¬
Reply 17
I am totally for PETA however sea kitten is not a good name. I like the name fish, i also like the taste too.
I love how they have a game where you get to dress the sea kittens up in dresses and make-up.

Like that doesn't constitute animal cruelty...
Reply 19
:wtf?: are they serious

Latest

Trending

Trending