The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Piska07
TOLD YOU everything will be okay, congrats on the offer!!!!! :biggrin:

Does anyone know how long they take for the Msc finance offers? I guess if i hadn't heard back means I'm not rejected yet ! (its been over a month since I sent my application off so obviously thinking they forgot about me!):woo:

One months is really not that much. I have waited much longer for my offer (different programme though). No reason to worry yet.
Reply 581
Hi guys, I am an applicant of MSc Finance and Economics (1st choice) and MSc Economics (2nd choice) I used to stick around pretty much everyday when I was doing A-Levels but left TSR when I came to uni. Now I am back in the gd old forum with better view!

I am expecting a 1st in Economics in Warwick and got gd marks in Microeconomics and Econometrics last year. However, my chance is slim since I screwed up quite badly my GMAT (I was ill for 6 weeks prior to the exam). I received the 4th email last Friday.

Regardless to the LSE's decision, I am happy to give another go after the dissappointment 3 years ago!

Fingers crossed ppl!
oh god... got the "A decision has been made on this choice and is being processed. Processing involves checking by a senior member of staff, and occasionally verification of one or more details by your Department. Most decisions will be finalised and appear here within one or two working days (remember to allow for weekends!), however if we require clarification from the Department your status will remain unchanged for longer periods. No further information is available until all checks have been completed, and the decision will be posted here first" message.

First post here! Good luck to everyone!
^ i hope that's not your real e-mail address.
Reply 584
sz46 - out of curiosity, what program did you apply to?
Reply 585
[email protected]
oh god... got the "A decision has been made on this choice and is being processed. Processing involves checking by a senior member of staff, and occasionally verification of one or more details by your Department. Most decisions will be finalised and appear here within one or two working days (remember to allow for weekends!), however if we require clarification from the Department your status will remain unchanged for longer periods. No further information is available until all checks have been completed, and the decision will be posted here first" message.

First post here! Good luck to everyone!

I was wondering... do you get these emails in the middle of the night or smth?!:eek:

Probably means you got it tho, considering the overwhelming evidence of people on this forum which got a positive outcome after receiving that email !

Congrats :biggrin:
Reply 586
Piska07
I was wondering... do you get these emails in the middle of the night or smth?!:eek:

Probably means you got it tho, considering the overwhelming evidence of people on this forum which got a positive outcome after receiving that email !

Congrats :biggrin:

It is not an email, you have to check the LSE website regularly.
I got a "decision has been made" update last night. Aaaaaah! Even though the evidence on here seems to suggest that that means I got an offer it's still crazy times having to wait for the message which actually confirms the offer.

It's for IR btw. Submitted on 7 Jan, so exactly 6 weeks from me submitting my app to getting a response.
Reply 588
I've got my unconditional offer for MSc Management :biggrin: :biggrin: now I gotta sort out my GSS statement cos 36k wont be easy to finance! gaww
Reply 589
Congrats on your offer Aemilius :smile: I finally received my offer yesterday for the MSc in Global History, anyone else applied for this? I was over the moon until reality hit me and I've realised I may not be able to afford it now my job hours have been cut by more than half. Has anyone else tried to defer their offer at all and did they manage to defer it? Does anyone know how the LSE deals with deferrals for postgrad. Thanks
Reply 590
I got my offer for Mgt and Strategy :-)
Thanks karat and piska for ur vote of cofidence. I am yet another person to confirm tht when decision has been made messg appears , it means u ll most definitely get an offer!
LSE requires a thousand things to be done by the time u get there for induction! painful but worth it I guess. And I have to post all this stuff all the way from India which only adds to my bilL!
Reply 591
Lula88
I finally received my offer yesterday for the MSc in Global History, anyone else applied for this?

I will be doing the MSc in Global History!!
shre2711, I send my stuff from India too. U don't hv to spend a lot of money on that... u jus have to go to the post office and send it thru registered post... costs quite less...
Reply 593
how long do I have to expect to get rejection/offer?
Does anyone here use www.studentclearinghouse.org to send his/her trascript to LSE? Mine was sent to LSE Graduate Admissions on January 21 but LSE has yet receive it. It should not take more than a month for a first-class mail from the US to reach the UK.

I studied in United States but am now in Malaysia so I requested that my transcript to be sent directly to LSE.
Reply 595
Got an unconditional offer from LSE for MSc IR. I guess around a month ago. Recently have been rejected by Oxbridge. I think that the process is a lot like a lottery and it is not feasible to get full jackpot. So make a pool of applications. I actually thought that Oxbridge is more likely to let me in because the applications there were more representative. I've sent newspaper articles, conference papers, etc. LSE did not want that, but still, made me an offer.

Now, of course (!), I think that LSE was the best choice anyway. At least because it is the only one available.
Reply 596
wenois
Got an unconditional offer from LSE for MSc IR. I guess around a month ago. Recently have been rejected by Oxbridge. I think that the process is a lot like a lottery and it is not feasible to get full jackpot. So make a pool of applications. I actually thought that Oxbridge is more likely to let me in because the applications there were more representative. I've sent newspaper articles, conference papers, etc. LSE did not want that, but still, made me an offer.

Now, of course (!), I think that LSE was the best choice anyway. At least because it is the only one available.

Did you apply for IR at Oxbridge too or for a different degree programme? Have you heard back from Oxford already? You would be the first one here I think.
Reply 597
Yes, yesterday I got a letter from the Nissan institute of Japanese studies saying that I was not admitted to MSc in Russian and East European studies at Oxford. The address on the letter was handwritten and it was signed by hand.

Cambridge did not let me in two weeks ago - for MPhil in IR. The reason why I did not apply for MSc IR at Oxford is because it is a two year program.

LSE admitted me at the beginning of January. Just after holidays.
Reply 598
wenois
Yes, yesterday I got a letter from the Nissan institute of Japanese studies saying that I was not admitted to MSc in Russian and East European studies at Oxford. The address on the letter was handwritten and it was signed by hand.

Cambridge did not let me in two weeks ago - for MPhil in IR. The reason why I did not apply for MSc IR at Oxford is because it is a two year program.

LSE admitted me at the beginning of January. Just after holidays.

Right, so still no news from Oxford's IR department. The waiting continues... It is just odd that they rejected you even though you have already published while they accept other people straight from their undergrad without all those things. I would have expected people like you (having a lot more experience) to be their preferred candidates.
eun7117
how long do I have to expect to get rejection/offer?

It seems to vary from between 2/3 weeks (very rare) to around 8 weeks, which is the norm.

All the best~

Latest

Trending

Trending