The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
sad core
Did I get you wrongly?
No cooking facilities are available for Rosebery and Car-Saunders. Only Butler Wharf has it.
Oppss, sorry for my wrong assumption. I though you are a overseas student. :biggrin:

Rosebery(No cooking facilities included,eg mircrowave or stove grill)

Carr - Saunders Hall(No cooking facilities included,eg mircrowave or stove grill)

Well I'm ok with "limited facilities". I was want a fire, a microwave and a fridge :P Look at the following pics from CS and Roseberry

Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
kitsune
Well I'm ok with "limited facilities". I was want a fire, a microwave and a fridge :P Look at the following pics from CS and Roseberry

WTF!!! How you got those pictures? Have you been to those halls?

Can we discuss about this in detail. Frankly speaking, I can't decide just by reading those information on LSE accommodation website.

Anyway which hall is that shown in the pictures? CS or Roseberry? I see microwave, freezer, toaster and grill in those pictures. These facilities are no longer called "limited facilities",lolz. I wonder what is the difference between limited and full facilities?

If what you have shown here is what CS & Rosebery offer as their "limited cooking facilities", I would change my mind and pick the same choices as you.
Hey Guys I got an offer for Carr Saunders!!!!! :biggrin:

I'm so surprised, I only applied 2 weeks ago AND i'm from london....mayb its because I am unconditional....anyways I'm a very happy person!
woo saunders rules!!!

and, also, saunders is the one at the top. we've got better cooking facilities than roseberry even though we've got no ovens. and it dont smell like bins 24/7 as ive found when ive been there. *vomit*.
lizzierocks
woo saunders rules!!!

and, also, saunders is the one at the top. we've got better cooking facilities than roseberry even though we've got no ovens. and it dont smell like bins 24/7 as ive found when ive been there. *vomit*.

LOL Good stuff! how many people share one kitchen??? is the hall seperated into flats?
do you guys think it's safe to leave a desktop computer in the halls? is there a high chance it might get stolen?
its less likely to be stolen if people don't know what's in ur room...AND if you arent on the ground floor, but you can't be too sure!
SuperSweet
LOL Good stuff! how many people share one kitchen??? is the hall seperated into flats?

its quite a few to one kitchen, 30 or so i think, but ive never had a problem using something/waiting 5-10 minutes for something, much like with the bogs, though there are loadds of bogs.

no, its into floors, which is awesome cos you can go everywhere, and if youve got a friend on floor 3 you can just go there, it's so easy, so much more sociable!!!

there's also a massive common room with awesome bean bags and heaps of seats and sofas with vending machines which are so easy to steal from, wooo!!! if you get to know reception theyre really nice too (well most of them).
roundtriangle
do you guys think it's safe to leave a desktop computer in the halls? is there a high chance it might get stolen?

i expect its less likely to get stolen than a laptop if you ask me...

its going to look dodgy someone walking out with a desktop, more so than a laptop?!
lizzierocks
i expect its less likely to get stolen than a laptop if you ask me...

its going to look dodgy someone walking out with a desktop, more so than a laptop?!

i'm sure it will be. it's just so bulky carrying a laptop around. can't you store your belongings somewhere though during breaks?
YAY!!! I GOT A PLACE AT NORTHUMBERLAND HOUSE!!! SINGLE ROOM!!!

I'm quite satisfied with this offer. It's cheaper than Grosvenor and close to LSE too!

Hope there are not too many mice and that the people living with me keep the kitchen clean.

I'm an international student on a conditional offer. :smile:
roundtriangle
i'm sure it will be. it's just so bulky carrying a laptop around. can't you store your belongings somewhere though during breaks?

sorry if i sound like a bit of a prat here, but what do you mean by "bulky carrying a laptop around"??? a laptop is less bulky in all senses than a desktop (ie getting it to uni and being able to take it to uni with you, unlike a laptop). unless of course your parents are taking you then it doesnt really matter.

and at saunders during breaks we get an allowance to go into a trunk room, bubt they wont accept anything other than a hard suitcase, which is annoying when you find it out the night before you leave... not all your stuff though, you have to take it home. annoying, but youre saving a grand a year!!!

oh, and if youre on a 30 week contract, you can apply to make it 40 and pay for the holidays after you arrive.
Clomipramine
YAY!!! I GOT A PLACE AT NORTHUMBERLAND HOUSE!!! SINGLE ROOM!!!

I'm quite satisfied with this offer. It's cheaper than Grosvenor and close to LSE too!

Hope there are not too many mice and that the people living with me keep the kitchen clean.

I'm an international student on a conditional offer. :smile:

OMG u got single room! lucky u mate!:smile:
lizzierocks
its quite a few to one kitchen, 30 or so i think, but ive never had a problem using something/waiting 5-10 minutes for something, much like with the bogs, though there are loadds of bogs.

no, its into floors, which is awesome cos you can go everywhere, and if youve got a friend on floor 3 you can just go there, it's so easy, so much more sociable!!!

there's also a massive common room with awesome bean bags and heaps of seats and sofas with vending machines which are so easy to steal from, wooo!!! if you get to know reception theyre really nice too (well most of them).

30 people
lol I can't wait to see the kitchen chaos! I will be bringing portable hotplates just incase
SuperSweet
30 people
lol I can't wait to see the kitchen chaos! I will be bringing portable hotplates just incase

there isnt kitchen chaos....

factor into that the amount of people who eat upstairs/eat out and youre looking at not that many.

like i said, ive never had a problem, ever. most of the time i walk in and get what i need.
Reply 315
Are the kitchen facilities from the picture available for everybody at Carr-Saunders? And what exactly do the facilities consist of? Fridge, freezer, microwave, hobs. Anything else? Does a lot of food get stolen from the fridge? Is it possible to have a toaster etc. in the room?
Slothuus
Are the kitchen facilities from the picture available for everybody at Carr-Saunders? And what exactly do the facilities consist of? Fridge, freezer, microwave, hobs. Anything else? Does a lot of food get stolen from the fridge? Is it possible to have a toaster etc. in the room?

fridges, they took the freezers away, but most fridges have freezer compartments, microwave, toaster, hobs.

i wouldnt know, ive got a fridge in my room, though a lot of annoyed peoplee tend to stick notices along the lines of "drink your own ******* cola" and "i would ike £1.90 for the sandwich you stole, please give to room xxx before friday".

but if ocmmon sense is to win the day, then yes, food does get stolen, but if you bag it up, dont leave it obvious, then it wont be stolen.
Reply 317
sad core
WTF!!! How you got those pictures? Have you been to those halls?

Can we discuss about this in detail. Frankly speaking, I can't decide just by reading those information on LSE accommodation website.

Anyway which hall is that shown in the pictures? CS or Roseberry? I see microwave, freezer, toaster and grill in those pictures. These facilities are no longer called "limited facilities",lolz. I wonder what is the difference between limited and full facilities?

If what you have shown here is what CS & Rosebery offer as their "limited cooking facilities", I would change my mind and pick the same choices as you.

Well I found them in LSE website... :confused:

Yo go to accomodation... and then click at the various halls and on your right there an link called "gallery"

http://www.lse.ac.uk/accommodation/RES_intro.htm

SuperSweet
Hey Guys I got an offer for Carr Saunders!!!!! :biggrin:

I'm so surprised, I only applied 2 weeks ago AND i'm from london....mayb its because I am unconditional....anyways I'm a very happy person!

So cool!!! :biggrin: Congrats! I applied 3 weeks ago and still no accommodation offer :frown:
Thanx lol! ye I got an email this morning it was sooooo random, I havnt accepted yet though because I havn't got the money to put a deposit down...they say you paying the deposit is giving them confirmation that you have accepted the offer.
Reply 319
SuperSweet
Thanx lol! ye I got an email this morning it was sooooo random, I havnt accepted yet though because I havn't got the money to put a deposit down...they say you paying the deposit is giving them confirmation that you have accepted the offer.

how much is the deposit?

Latest

Trending

Trending