The Student Room Group

Argh Boyyysss!!!!!

Its my boyfreinds brithday next week, and he's going out with his freinds (one couple (adam and lilly) another 2 guys (will, luke) and 1 girl Leanne) and I assumed that I would be going aswell, until today I said 'oh i don't know what to wear' and he's like wear to what? :confused: and im like you know, your birthday.

And then he says oh i thought you knew, you're not coming, and im like why?. he then goes onto say its unfair on the girl (leanne) cz she won't want to come if everyone's in thier own pairs :confused: (I know WTF??) and then im like. you don;t want me to come cz its unfair on her? and then he changes it and says, i cant be myself around you with my freinds (Ive hung out with his male freinds before) its weird, and then he goes onto say oh you would't want me hangin out with your freinds on your birthday, and im like yeh your the first person I'd call. and then he's like oh you wont get it.

so i let it go. thinking its his birthday let him do what he wants. but i dont know. do you think there's something going on? ive never me the other 2 girls before (they're best mates) and its really pissed me off

what do you guys think?

(and Ive wrote this whilst eating pasta, and im really really annoyed, so if anyone want to point out and ******* spelling mistakes then ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH)

Scroll to see replies

Have you actually told him that it's upset you? It does kinda suck but it is his birthday. Maybe he doesn't want you to see him absolutely wasted and making a fool of himself?

Why not organise a birthday thing just for the two of you instead? But yeah, talk to him. Maybe he doesn't realise how much he's upset you.
Reply 2
randomgirl
Have you actually told him that it's upset you? It does kinda suck but it is his birthday. Maybe he doesn't want you to see him absolutely wasted and making a fool of himself?

Why not organise a birthday thing just for the two of you instead? But yeah, talk to him. Maybe he doesn't realise how much he's upset you.

he's knows its upset me, but I acted like it was nothing....mainly cz I feel really guilty. oh and he doesn't drink so I doubt thats the issue
Reply 3
ummm just because he didnt inveit you doesnt mean theres something fishy going on
sometimes it really is hard to be yourself around people you have different relationships with
dw about it :smile:
Anonymous
Its my boyfreinds brithday next week, and he's going out with his freinds (one couple (adam and lilly) another 2 guys (will, luke) and 1 girl Leanne) and I assumed that I would be going aswell, until today I said 'oh i don't know what to wear' and he's like wear to what? :confused: and im like you know, your birthday.

And then he says oh i thought you knew, you're not coming, and im like why?. he then goes onto say its unfair on the girl (leanne) cz she won't want to come if everyone's in thier own pairs :confused: (I know WTF??) and then im like. you don;t want me to come cz its unfair on her? and then he changes it and says, i cant be myself around you with my freinds (Ive hung out with his male freinds before) its weird, and then he goes onto say oh you would't want me hangin out with your freinds on your birthday, and im like yeh your the first person I'd call. and then he's like oh you wont get it.

so i let it go. thinking its his birthday let him do what he wants. but i dont know. do you think there's something going on? ive never me the other 2 girls before (they're best mates) and its really pissed me off

what do you guys think?

(and Ive wrote this whilst eating pasta, and im really really annoyed, so if anyone want to point out and ******* spelling mistakes then ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH)

does leanne's second name begin with B ?
Reply 5
Anonymous

oh forgot to add. i used fake names
Probably gonna go to s strip club or something - I did on my b'day.

Just be a good g/f...let him have his fun, then **** him when he comes home wasted - its his b'day after all!!
Anonymous

Yes how did you know?
Reply 8
Local_United_Fan
Probably gonna go to s strip club or something - I did on my b'day.

Just be a good g/f...let him have his fun, then **** him when he comes home wasted - its his b'day after all!!

he doesn't drink,
/ and its not a strip club
You're butters and he hates you!
Anonymous
he's knows its upset me, but I acted like it was nothing....mainly cz I feel really guilty. oh and he doesn't drink so I doubt thats the issue

Then its your fault if he doesn't notice how hurt you are. Men don't have magical powers to know what your thinking when your lying to us about it being ok. Either deal with it or tell him that it bothers and arrange something just for the two of you. That way you see him and he goes out with his m8s
Reply 11
AnthonyH91
You're butters and he hates you!

gee thanks
well, i see your point, i'd really be pissed and confused, but many of the couples i know have this thing that they are awesome people individually, but when they go out together they are just the couple and just together and not really themselves, and its so much more amazing to be with each of them and yeah ...
but it depends on a lot, like your history, how long your together etc.
Reply 13
ChaoticMaster
Then its your fault if he doesn't notice how hurt you are. Men don't have magical powers to know what your thinking when your lying to us about it being ok. Either deal with it or tell him that it bothers and arrange something just for the two of you. That way you see him and he goes out with his m8s

he did notice. but i said nothing was up, only cz i feel really bad, i mean do i have the right to be upset? i dont want him to say oh yh you can come, but him not want me there :frown: and he can;t just go out with me, he's got 'exams' and so can't waste a day
Anonymous
gee thanks

Any time.
Reply 15
He just wants to have fun with his mates, It's impossible to relax around your girlfriend. You always have to worry about what you say and do, whereas you can tell your mates anything.
Reply 16
VanillaLatte
well, i see your point, i'd really be pissed and confused, but many of the couples i know have this thing that they are awesome people individually, but when they go out together they are just the couple and just together and not really themselves, and its so much more amazing to be with each of them and yeah ...
but it depends on a lot, like your history, how long your together etc.

we've been together just over 2 years, and we have been out in groups in the past and it hasn't been an issue, its just this pair of girls i think. everytime he's out with them and one of the girls bfs he never calls me.
Reply 17
he sounds like a bit of an asshole tbh...
Reply 18
ChaoticMaster
Then its your fault if he doesn't notice how hurt you are. Men don't have magical powers to know what your thinking when your lying to us about it being ok.

This is definitely true. OP, you should have told him. But on the other hand, he is being unfair. Leanne might well feel left out surrounded by couples, but he could tell her she can bring someone else. Or invite you instead of her so it would be all couples. Or at the very least explain it to you and arrange to do something else. Just dropping it on you was really inconsiderate and he should have realised that it would look like something was going on.
I'd be well suspicious tbh.
I'd have a word. Tell him how you're feeling. Think it's a bit harsh for him to just turn round and go "Well you ain't invited, bizzatch".

Latest

Trending

Trending