The Student Room Group

Balancing Conflicting Interests? Unit 6 AQA

Heyy everyone , I've seen alot of topics and a few sample essays about Law Unit 6 , but nobody seems to be don Balancing Conflicting Interests?

I'm really struggling with how to write an essay for it , and as you'll know , the exam isn't far away at all :frown: .

Does anyone have any sample essays or structures?
it would be a great help, thank youuu :smile:
Reply 1
I'm having a problem too!
Im up to the right to silence and I'm just like, huh?!

Someone else needs to write one for us :frown:
If all else fails, I'd look at the mark schemes to get a rough idea of the content that's required, then maybe try and pad that out with stuff that fits those descriptions. I know it's pretty vague, but it's better than nothing, eh? :smile:

I'm not doing it though (fault, judicial creativity and morality), so I can't help you.
Reply 3
talk about what the different interests are, public/private etc
then take examples from criminal law/law of tort to show how these interests are balanced
also include the theorists eg marx said the law was put in place to suppress the working class not to balance interests
look at judges as social engineers and how balancing takes place in the legislative process.

Thats just what i can remember now but ive got loads more in my essay if anyones stuck
Reply 4
Start with a handfull of theorists...show the different interpretations and the debate surrounding this area...then hmm...go through Contract Law and Tort especially nuisance, n vicairous, and remedies available. do these allow a balanced outcome? refer back 2 the question!
Reply 5
sampshogg
talk about what the different interests are, public/private etc
then take examples from criminal law/law of tort to show how these interests are balanced
also include the theorists eg marx said the law was put in place to suppress the working class not to balance interests
look at judges as social engineers and how balancing takes place in the legislative process.

Thats just what i can remember now but ive got loads more in my essay if anyones stuck

That sounds like a good plan, thanks for your help :smile:

Is your essay typed up? It'd be a great help, i'm really stuck on how to word things, its alot different to the Unit 5 structures
:frown: Thanks x
Reply 6
sorry but its handwritten, my essay isnt that great anyway, ive kinda given up on this exam haha
Reply 7
okay well thanks anyway :biggrin:
yeah i feel in giving up stage too
but after this one its all doneee so ime tryin to get thru it best i can lol :smile:
Reply 8
Hello again , i finally found one :smile:
I don't think i'm allowed to post it up cos its someone elses , but if your signed if to coursework.info ,you can read it..
so if anyone needs the help and is signed up, heres the link :
http://www.coursework.info/AS_and_A_Level/Law/Machinery_of_Justice/How_far_can_the_law_be_used_effectively_L863069.html
Original post by Muppety_Kid
If all else fails, I'd look at the mark schemes to get a rough idea of the content that's required, then maybe try and pad that out with stuff that fits those descriptions. I know it's pretty vague, but it's better than nothing, eh? :smile:

I'm not doing it though (fault, judicial creativity and morality), so I can't help you.

Can't look at mark schemes - there has never been a question on it! :frown:
Original post by sampshogg
sorry but its handwritten, my essay isnt that great anyway, ive kinda given up on this exam haha

i know that this is 11 years later but any chance u still got the notes? :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending