The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I know someone who is entirely apathetic, but they are incredibly boring and a very irritating person to be around. I suspect they also have autism but I never asked them about it. They'd come into school with a banana outfit on I am pretty sure, but he wouldn't probably talk back to anyone who asked him about it because he generally doesn't like to talk to people

being apathetic like that really isn't fun
Reply 41
ToastyCoke
I disagree. I think it's just a facade that they claim they don't care what people think as a sort of protective barrier; because they know that they're just as vulnerable as everybody else - and they don't like it.

I'm sorry to say I disagree. After 5 horrible years of high school, I've reached the point where I honestly don't care about what others say. Every time someone has a dig at me, I remember that they are probably only doing it to get a cheap laugh or to make themselves feel better. It is very rare that people hate others.
I do. A lot.
Not really to an extent. Tbh, what matters is what I think of myself. :smile:
If you don't then you have something wrong with your brain. Really.

Really.
I used to care a lot when I was in high school as I was the shy pathetic loser and I was always soooo self-conscious and and scared of anyone noticing me or saying anything to me. Now I'm more relaxed and don't care too much what people think. If they discuss it with me then I get upset (inside) a bit but I've stopped caring too much about what I think people think of me. Which I used to obsess over. I'm not much of a peoples person though so I don't 'need' anyone to think good of me.
Reply 46
Sadly I do care what people think.
Reply 47
:yes: i do, all the time :frown:
Reply 48
I give a damn, like anybody does, unless I'm really peed off. If I'm in a very angry mood, I just think, 'F the lot of you,' and I don't give a toss if anybody around me thinks I'm dressed scruffily, or being a moody cow, or whatever.
Nawww I couldnt care less.
Yes in a way I do.
I would like to think certain people I am close to and think highly of myself also share the same opinion about me...or partly at least.
"Hell is other people."

It depends entirely on the person. If it's someone whom I respect very much, then I do care. But I mostly tend to be indifferent to what others think. *shrugs*

Latest

Trending

Trending