The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

BeesKnees
I usually work 1:30 to 6:30 on Mondays but there was a sign in my store saying that it will be open 9-6 on bank holiday monday. What happens to my hours? Do I even HAVE to work on a bank holiday? (not that I particularly mind to be honest... especially if I get paid more)

afaik, for bank holidays, or days when the store is closed (and you're contracted to work) you'll have a 'Bank Holiday Entitlement' as part of your holiday pay.

In such cases, you'll need to have booked off the 30mins to ensure you get paid (and not short-timed, which I believe ultimately happens).

However, as it's only 30mins, chances are you'll be asked to come in earlier.

In any case, I would get this confirmed by your line manager. :yep: (if you can get the 30mins back, you'll get a full hour on bank holiday pay)
Reply 841
WhereIsMyMind
*waves*

WhereIsMyMind is here.. but is secretly lurking :ninja:

you went missing for a few minutes, so i thought you got lost :o:
BSJ
you went missing for a few minutes, so i thought you got lost :o:

I don't have a real reason to post in here any more.. :frown:
Reply 843
WhereIsMyMind
I don't have a real reason to post in here any more.. :frown:

your like in every thread im just about to post in :p:

either that or your on every thread on TSR :rolleyes:
BSJ
your like in every thread im just about to post in :p:

either that or your on every thread on TSR :rolleyes:

:rofl:
Reply 845
WhereIsMyMind

:rofl:

so, what you been up 2?:cookie:
BSJ
so, what you been up 2?:cookie:

:tea:

Not much if I'm honest. I had a lot of Sixth Form applications etc to be sorting out :frown:

I hate paper-work! :frown: and you?
After applying how long does it normally take for them to contact you and how do they get into contact?
Reply 848
it varies substantially between store and then even more substantially within a store.
I applied and was intraining within one week but others on my training applied 2 months before.
Theres no way of knowing. :smile:
Reply 849
there is already a sainsburys thread, and you'd get better answers from there !

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=20888149
my friend got called for an interview after about a week
Reply 851
Does everyone get paid the bank holiday bonus of £2.53 an hour this weekend?Because someone said yesterday that because I'm a VAC student I won't, it's only pernament employees who have worked for over 6 months.
I guess it depends of how urgently they need staff but I got an email and text inviting me to book an interview within 2 days of completing the online form and then about 1 day after my interview I was told I was being offered the job by the text and email.
Reply 853
I got called for an interview about 8 hours after submitting my application and after the interview I was offered the job just under a day later.However, my store was and still is quite short-staffed.
Reply 854
BSJ
there is already a sainsburys thread, and you'd get better answers from there !

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=20888149

Amazes me how people constantly miss that thread when we do our upmost to keep it on top of the pile :p:
Reply 855
WhereIsMyMind
:tea:

Not much if I'm honest. I had a lot of Sixth Form applications etc to be sorting out :frown:

I hate paper-work! :frown: and you?

just waiting to for school to start, wasted holidays :frown:
Reply 856
ughhh applied to sainsburys, got an interview and have now been rejected! Am so gutted! Really needed this job and i am losing hope! Just came on here to rant :frown:
mikka_09
ughhh applied to sainsburys, got an interview and have now been rejected! Am so gutted! Really needed this job and i am losing hope! Just came on here to rant :frown:

Hmm...I don't know if this will help or not but all Sainsbury's recruitment is worked on the results of the test. You either fall into three categories - Pass (Insta Job), Borderline (They evaluate you on how you acted and how you compare to others) and Fail (Insta rejection). More than likely you gave a stellar interview but were let down by the test.
FXX
Amazes me how people constantly miss that thread when we do our upmost to keep it on top of the pile :p:

Yeah, but i don't think people are that keen to search through over 40 pages of a thread tbh. I actually did take a look at a couple of pages but never saw an answer.
Reply 859
Now i'm really confused about working bank holiday monday, my contract hours are 5.30-9, i was assuming we were open until 11, but i'm guessing we'll shut earlier thinking about... So do i turn up for half an hour then go after the store has closed?

Also, what happens if you forget to clock out? Because i think i might still be clocked in... :/

Latest

Trending

Trending