The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes. Definitely. Who doesn't want discounts?
Reply 2
The Boots one is really good, but the Sainsbury Nectarcard is not worth it, in my opinion. As far as I remember, you only recieve £2.50 when you spend £500. Don't know about (the Tesco) Clubcard.
tesco clubcard is good - took my whole family (me, hubby, daughter, son) to flamingo land last year for free after exchanging clubcard vouchers :yep:

course it depends how often you shop at tesco as to how many points you're gonna get, but they last a few years so you can save them up.
Reply 4
Yes..

The clubcards are good especially because you can save for Airmiles.
Reply 5
The Nectar card isn't worth it in the least. I shop exclusively at Sainsbury's so thought I should get one, and really it's a waste of time.
Reply 6
Tescos one definitely, you collect points which turn into money vouchers and offers on products. They have started a double up system so you can turn ie. a £5 normal voucher into £10 wine/clothing one, plus they have all the outdoor activites/holidays deals.
Tesco also gives significant car insurance discounts, on already-competitve prices, for its card holders.
Clubcard has got better since Tesco have started offering double points.

So spend £50, get £1 back (that's 2% cashback, along with all the rewards you get which are much better than Nectar).
Reply 9
Tesco is good, I have one (and Boots Advantage, which is also good).

Tesco do loads of double ups and clubcard offers, and you get a monthly statement with X amount off your shopping, which rocks :smile:

It's not as though you have to pay to get one or do anything for it... so why wouldn't you? I don't understand :frown:
Reply 10
Ice_Queen
It's not as though you have to pay to get one or do anything for it... so why wouldn't you? I don't understand :frown:

Maybe some people don't like the supermarket knowing if they have kids, have a pet, are vegetarian etc. (Which they do, basically, if you have a Clubcard.) Some people are like that about privacy. :yep:
Apfel
Maybe some people don't like the supermarket knowing if they have kids, have a pet, are vegetarian etc. (Which they do, basically, if you have a Clubcard.) Some people are like that about privacy. :yep:

Oh... OK... I'd rather have the discounts, but whatever floats your boat I guess.
Boots are good as they send you vouchers in the post, but have advantage card kiosks where you can get vouchers for certain products in store, or even getting 300 points if you spend £30.00 in store. Also you get 4 points a pound and sometimes there are offers on bank holidays (last one just gone for example) where you got 10 points a pound when you spent £15 or more.

So i really like having one of those :smile:
Nectarcards are pretty abysmal.

Clubcards are pretty awesome. The amount of times I've eaten for free in Pizza Express because of the vouchers makes it totally worth it imo. Boots Advantage cards are pretty good too :smile:
being that they are free to sign up for, and you get get discount, and points on money your spending anyway, they are worth it
Reply 15
rosie9391
Tescos one definitely, you collect points which turn into money vouchers and offers on products. They have started a double up system so you can turn ie. a £5 normal voucher into £10 wine/clothing one, plus they have all the outdoor activites/holidays deals.

You get FOUR times the vouchers' worth on days out! This is definitely worth saving for - I'm barely aware of ever using my Tesco Clubcard but already I've been able to get four Alton Towers tickets from it!! (Granted this has been over a few years' worth of shopping, but still!)
I never bothered with getting any cards but given the amount of money I've spent the last two years at Sainsburys and Tesco during termtime, I was a fool not to have got one at the start of my first year :s-smilie:
Pemly_Pem
You get FOUR times the vouchers' worth on days out! This is definitely worth saving for - I'm barely aware of ever using my Tesco Clubcard but already I've been able to get four Alton Towers tickets from it!! (Granted this has been over a few years' worth of shopping, but still!)

Yeah it's totally worth having but there is hardly anything up in the north or east of Scotland what do the voucher's :frown:
Reply 18
jbanjeet
Is there any benefit in having one ?

I do not have any ... and i dont want one

Business is business, they know how to play the game. I don't shop at Tesco or Sainsburys + i'm no excessive food shopper. In other words, they making profits, we're like their followers.
Tesco is amazing - I've been getting free Blockbuster rentals for years :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending