The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

DSC
seriously how did you pull off pretending you had a gun

after they rounded me, i took a step backward, put my righthand under my shirt, close to my waist as if i was pulling something out and ready to confront them, and they took off, it requires alot of confidence though, i think the fact that my life was at stake helped me alot.
Reply 121
Normally I just read the threads, but had to post on what a disgrace this was if it is true.

Tell the police, can't believe that happened
qwality
Why is that rubbish :confused:

Indians and Pakistanis are different. Its got nothing to do with being better

Indians and Pakistanis are different, yes.

But Paki does not necessarily mean or refer to someone of Pakistani origin, instead it refers to appearance and dark skin colour in particular (as many other people in this thread have pointed out). The fact that it is used so widely in such a context should make this obvious enough.

Also, like i said in my previous post - as if the person saying it gives a **** about where abouts you are from specifically within the Indian sub continent.
Footballfiend08
Didnt someone get stabbed in an estate around a year ago where you live? And it rings a bell to being near where Steven Lawrence was murdered?

OP, I know how you feeel. But its just one of things sadly you've got to expect sometimes. Its not a nice thing to happen or a feeling, trust me I know, but you got to try and forget about it. You shoud definitely tell someone, because the likely hood is that these people have probably done it before, and possibly you can prevent them from doing similar or even worse things in the future.

Errm, yeah it might have been last year, a dude got stabbed outside some high rise flats nearby. But i'm not actually in plumstead/woolwich, which is where steven lawrence was murdered, wasn't it? A guy i knew got shot a couple of years ago, and there's been quite a few stabbings in the woolwich area though.

But when i said regular occurrence i was referring to just the racism.
Anonymous
I was walking to town to do some shopping yesterday after school when a group of people just cornered me for no reason started saying "get the **** out of my country you paki" and stuff like "when the BNP win the next gen election you'll be off to pakistan in a boat with your whole family"
Then they shoved me off next to a bin, spat at me and ran away.

I havent told my parents or the police. I just don't know what to do. I feel so demoralised and i want to kill myself.

Get over it. I've been racially abused before and the people that do it are idiots. There is nothing you can do but get on with your life.
Reply 125
anonymouz

But Paki does not necessarily mean or refer to someone of Pakistani origin, instead it refers to appearance and dark skin colour in particular (as many other people in this thread have pointed out). The fact that it is used so widely in such a context should make this obvious enough.

Also, like i said in my previous post - as if the person saying it gives a **** about where abouts you are from specifically within the Indian sub continent.

Not even that, I have a friend from Lebanon who got called Paki once. The two countries aren't even geographically close. He said it was the worst attempt at a racial insult he had ever encountered.
Reply 126
The OP is clearly a troll.

What next? "BNP ate my Hamster"?
Anonymous
I was walking to town to do some shopping yesterday after school when a group of people just cornered me for no reason started saying "get the **** out of my country you paki" and stuff like "when the BNP win the next gen election you'll be off to pakistan in a boat with your whole family"

I havent told my parents or the police. I just don't know what to do. I feel so demoralised and i want to kill myself.

Sorry about this, it is shockig but don't let those little cowards put yourself worth and confidence down. I bet they're some unemployed, uneducated idoits with nothing better to do or going on in there lives. Also do speak to some about this as it could have a major effect on you i.e panic attacks, anxiety attacks when out and about next time.
Reply 128
I can't figure whether this is trollish or not :s-smilie: But I'll be serious - I don't understand how some people can be so derogatory and violent towards others. You should tell someone about it, inform you parents or the police? Also, it is highly unlikely that the BNP will actually win the general election, if that makes you feel any better. :smile:
If it was me I would have chased them down and fought till the death. But I I know how to fight and train hard etc. Otherwise, I will go to police and tell them to look at CCTV they will get done for calling you a paki and pushing you into a cornershop.
Jibriltz
What a bundle of joy you are(!) I'm sure you're the most popular person in the world and everyone absolutely loves you(!)
You're the coward, mate, to say something like that hidden behind your computer screen. I bet it makes you feel very big.
In any case, you're not one of humanity's finer creations and I pity anyone who knows you.
:smile:

As a matter of fact it does make me feel big.
I´m better than you and I know it, I´m a winner and you´re a loser.
:yep:
Anonymous

That's really bad!

What they did was completely wrong, and bang out of order.

I don't think the police are going to be able to help, but please report it anyway for the safety of your community. At least people will be in the know that this is still happening today. I'm sorry but it is my true belief that there are good and bad people in EVERY nation and culture, and you know one of the reasons why they act like this?

They are deeply insecure within themselves :wink:

So that's why they feel they have to put others down.

Because someone, somewhere, perhaps their mother or father, made them feel bad about themselves. And this is the way they have chosen to behave.

I'm sorry this has had to happen to you!

For the record, I've had similar stuff but more verbal - nothing physical but it still hurt feelings (even though I'm of a different background, Australia's not much different in terms of racism that I can tell you!).

Lastly, are you at uni? If so, I strongly suggest you visit your uni councellor, as it's a free service :wink: :cool: I used to see mine on a regular basis and she gave me some great tips on how to deal with negative people in general. It's been terrific.

xox
Reply 132
Frodz
The OP is clearly a troll.

What next? "BNP ate my Hamster"?

No need to speculate whose side you're on. You must be seriously naive to think that BNP supporters never do this sort of stuff.
Reply 133
anonymouz

The work Paki is short for Pakistani

Its only used by ignorant racists to refer to all people ' dark colour skin',
Tell me who they are so I can go with my boys and bang up these white pricks.
I'll die for one of us.
Word to your mother.
emanuel_arsenalfc
its kk..we've all had our fair share of that as black or asian ppl.. The best thing to do is rise above it..coz for starters ur going to go on and earn more money than those ****** scums to help the economy and pay for their benefits..so really if they want you to leave, they might as well go kill themselves coz they wnt b living great lives..

Plus its plain jealousy on their part.. Mugs!!!

I love this post :biggrin:

I like your work! :yy:
Every black person in the UK has been racially abused before. Fact
i'd say tase them ******* but... too bad tasers are illegal in the uk.
mel0n
I can't figure whether this is trollish or not :s-smilie: But I'll be serious - I don't understand how some people can be so derogatory and violent towards others. You should tell someone about it, inform you parents or the police? Also, it is highly unlikely that the BNP will actually win the general election, if that makes you feel any better. :smile:

It is impossible for the bnp to win a general election.
Someone doing politics highlighted how it works and something to do with the seats means that they can't actually get into power or something :s-smilie:
I can't remember how it is though, someone can maybe shed some better light on this.

Anyway to the OP.
You just gotta take it in, and then straight out again.
Their abuse is worthless to you, to the country and to human civilisation. Don't let it bother you, but do tell either parents or the police....
Anonymous

Live with it, we've all had to put up with it.

Latest

Trending

Trending