The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Freshers Week Events

Thought I'd start a thread where people can pimp their societies events :biggrin:

If you're holding an event or volunteering at something, or you've heard of something fun going on, post details of it here!

Union Events

AU (Sports) Events

Saturday
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Lower Rents Now, 5pm, Whey Pat
Project Anime screening, Salad Bowl, 7pm
Wednesday
Thursday
Biosoc BBQ, Secret Garden St Mary's Quad, 12.45-3.15
Friday
Saturday
Swing Dance Soc BBQ, East Sands (Pier End), 17.30
Sunday
Societies Fayre, 11am-4pm, Union
Societies Fayre is really good for getting free pens and other random bits and bobs :biggrin:
la_banane_verte
Thought I'd start a thread where people can pimp their societies events :biggrin:

If you're holding an event or volunteering at something, or you've heard of something fun going on, post details of it here!

This is a great thread. Thanks :biggrin:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
I am lead to believe that Lower Rents Now will be meeting in the Whey Pat on Tuesdays at 5pm, commencing in Freshers week.

Although I'm sure they'd be delighted to have freshers attend the meeting, I suspect a lot of it will be discussing publicity and what action they're planning. You'd not be forced to participate in anything, but it may be focussing on organisational matters, - not sure how relevant you will find it all. Anyway, I'll try to go along, even though I'm not a very active member :o:
Reply 3
"Sunday Tribal Warfare: £6
Meant to be themed around which hall you're in and you're supposed to wear hall colours. Features DJ set from Freaks"

How do we know our hall colours? Am deciding what to pack, lol...
fn_101
"Sunday Tribal Warfare: £6
Meant to be themed around which hall you're in and you're supposed to wear hall colours. Features DJ set from Freaks"

How do we know our hall colours? Am deciding what to pack, lol...

I have started a new thread and am collecting info for it :smile: Haven't got DRA's colours yet, though :s-smilie:
Reply 5
ImperceptibleNinja
I have started a new thread and am collecting info for it :smile: Haven't got DRA's colours yet, though :s-smilie:

Ah I'm in DRA! Thanks though :smile:
I expect the Societies Fayre will run in the union on the Sunday. I'd guess it runs 11-4.

Basically, every society gets the chance to set themselves up at a table and provide information to anyone who's interested. You can sign up to their mailing lists, and although you can become a member, this usually costs £2 or more, so you'd be better trying out a few different things for a few weeks and then becoming a member of the ones you want to stick with.
Reply 7
There's also the Union's Main Bar and Venue2 events.

In the Main Bar there are:
Sunday 20, 7:30pm Rock n Roll Bingo
Tuesday 22, 9pm STAR in the Bar
Thursday 24, 9pm The Music Quiz
Sunday 27, 7:30pm Rock n Roll Bingo

Venue 2:
Sunday 20, 8pm Solid Rock Cafe
Monday 21, 9pm Peace1 Rave (in assoc. with STAR)
Tuesday 22, 9pm Afro Caribbean R&B Night
Wednesday 23, 8:30pm Habitat for Humanity Salsa Night
Thursday 24, 9pm RockSoc
Friday 25, 9pm Altsoc
Reply 8
Biosoc BBQ, Secret Garden, St Marys Quad, Thursday afternoon 12.45-3.15 :biggrin:
Freshers Fayre, Sunday, 12.45-5 :smile:
Reply 9
Project Anime (the anime society) are holding a screening on the Tuesday night.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=132900622841
Reply 10
The Cake and Poetry Society are meeting on Monday at St. Mary's Quad at 14h00.

I am so happy that this society exists. :ahee:
Just to ask, would I need to get a ticket for the "Welcome to the Bubble" thing at the union early in the day, or could I just pay at the door?
there's a geogsoc (geography or people interested in it) treasure hunt through town in teams with prizes :smile: leaving the Union at 2.30pm, Tuesday. I think it culminates in a barbeque, and it's only about £2 :biggrin:

And Christian union events;
(as has been said) sunday venue 2; solid rock cafe, which is music, food and a very (very very) short testimony by another student.
monday afternoon, at the bandstand on the scores (by the aquarium); garden party, i think this basically means free food? not sure though
tuesday, 8.30pm; pub quiz, aikmans.
wednesday; ceilidh (practice for sunday; always really popular!), madras college on south st (£3)
thursday 1pm; FREE LUNCH! omnomnom. holy trinity church (the big one on south st)
thursday 8pm; acoustic night, costa.

And every day there is a free cafe 11am-4pm, also at holy trinity church. I can honestly promise we are not going to grab you and hold you against a Bible until you experience some kind of violent religious epiphany! :tongue:
Vegsoc free lunch TODAY at 1 in the Mansefield... also Tory fresher's drinks are on Monday at half past 7 in LPH. Come :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending