The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hello Laura!
If you're not planning on being with her forever, why bother?

Ok I can understand the fact that people can go without sex.

But this is a bit silly really, relationships don't have to last forever.
Reply 81
If you feel like that then maybe it's not the right relationship for you to be in right now.

To answer your question, I think that there is plenty of "point to a relationship with no sex".
If you have different views on what your sexual relationship should be then maybe you two are not as suited as you like to think.
Reply 83
Leigh.
Ok I can understand the fact that people can go without sex.

But this is a bit silly really, relationships don't have to last forever.

Do you go into relationships believing that they will end?
Reply 84
Bubbles*de*Milo
Seriously, go and improve your English.

Seriously, get your head out of your arse.
MarcvsAntonivs
I am bereft of words, truely.

Welcome to RL.

Your complexity of argumentation is just astonishing.
Firstly, don't put forward an argument that "the guy for sure did not come here to be called an ass". How old are you, mate? You must come to terms with reality, dear sir. It's public forum. If he behaves and acts as if he were an ass, he for sure will be called AN ASS. Why should he be an exception?

19, and You're the ass. I'm not saying he should be an exception but rather that if you're going to make stupid comments just keep them to yourself because they only clog up the tubes.

Secondly, what you are giving us here, sex by prostitution etc. It is a perfect example given by you ( however involuntarily ) for how sex and love are deprived of their true essence nowadays.

SEX != LOVE.

Jesus christ, just because you live in 1950 or earlier doesn't mean we all do, sex is natural sex is good, not everybody does it, but everybody should (+rep to whoever gets thaT).

The true essence of sex is relaxation and release of sexual energy, go look at the medical benefits sex brings (don't you dare bring up STDs because you and I both know safe sex has same benefits) and then tell me it only has things to do with love. Seriously.

Evolution made us like sex. End of story.

They should be entwined, yet they are not. Why is that so? Because of demoralisation of nowaday's society. It's the fact, mate.

PRAISE THE LAWWWWWWDDDDDDD!!!!!

Sorry, but let's face it, the morals you're going on are those of souther US evangelicals and people from 1950 (if not earlier). Welcome to 2009. People like you piss me off because you still live in a fantasy world where sex is nothing but a manifestation of love. Sriously, if everyone had sex on the planet there wouldn't be as many wars.

What you are giving us here are the effects, which does not contradict my previous reply.
Thirdly, before you reply next time, make sure your arguments are constructive and will make me face at least some challenge. Otherwise, don't bother and do not quote me, please.
Best regards

1) I'll quote you if i like, thanks, i don't appreciate being told what to do by someone living in the past.
2) No, what i replied is the reality of 2009. Not the 'effects' of demoralisation but rather the values and morals of today. Wake up and face it, there's nothing to contradict because the morals you are going on are obsolete and outdated, sorry.

Welcome to today. Stop living yesterday. Your morals are not the same as everyone elses, if you wish to deny yourself pleasure over the points instilled to you by various religious nutjobs, good for you, go ahead. The reality is though that sex is beneficial to the human species inevery which way and if you can't ee that then you are blind to science itself and i'm wasting my time replying to you.

Edit:

P.s. I notice you're from poland.... I have to ask (since im romanian and living in romania) what the hell is it with easten europe and sexuality? Do all the formerly soviet influenced countries think that they are the pinnacle of morality because the consider sex bad? Really? Seriously sex ed needs to be brought in hard and swift upon eastern europe, otherwise when they wake up to smell the sex thats going on elsewhere, they're going to have a huge STD problem thats to it being demonized by everyone.... I seriously predict a huge spike in STDs in the near future in easter europe just because sex and safety isn't properly discused and people avoid the topic and think it's bad (also... ive been to many countries and what im saying has held true in every eastern european country ive been in so far, just FYI)
Reply 86
Tombola
Do you go into relationships believing that they will end?

Yes? It's not like I'm 30 and wanting a family.
Dump her. It's not gonna work out. Next time, make sure the girl you're getting with is actually gonna put out.

As for the point of a relationship with no sex, well, the idea is the relationship will be based on romantic love (which is a very different feeling to the kind of love you would feel for a friend), so sex won't really matter. As nice an idea as it is, I personally don't believe it's possible unless the people involved are either naturally asexual or artificially desexualised by religion. Sexual people will want sex - that's the 'unfortunate' truth.
Reply 88
HI

You should respect her will. She cannot have sex and that bcoz she should never have it before marriage.

In Islam, man or woman should never make love to anyone ONLY the one they live with (Husnabd or Wife).

She cannot gain a big sin just like having sex.

Well, look at her, she is pure, she is virgine, she is innocent more than most or all the girls that you know, right?
So, sex is not eveything in life.

And yes, im with you when you say (U need sex with the one you love) BUT why is not after marriage?

I swear it will be better to be virgine and clean and to have sex with the wife or husband ONLY.

She will be devoted to the one that she will chose to be her husband and that is good.
I can grantee that from her refusal for having sex.

Good for her purity!
Reply 89
Leigh.

Fair enough.

I know that for me, and many others there's not much point going into a relationship with the knowledge that it's going to end. For me, the whole point is to find a relationship where I'll be happy with another person. You go in with the perspective of hoping that things will work out.

I'm fine without the unnecessary heartbreaks. I'd rather be single in that case.
Reply 90
Maybe she is a lesbian.

/sarcasm

BTW I feel for you fools saying that sex is not this important. Sex is the most important thing in a relationship, simply because if sex is great, everything else is great too (feelings, happiness etc).
I've never seen sex as a vital thing. Important? Of course. I must be a freak for wanting a cuddle in front of the TV more :sigh:

I remember a girl from years back and I don't ever recall having sexual thoughts about her in the slightest due to the conversation she gave being more than enough to make me go to pieces.
Do Her A Favour And Dump Her. She Is Not Being True To Her Religion!
That Is The Thing She Holds Dearest To Her Heart. She Is Just A Bit Vulnerable. Just Leave Muslim Girls Alone.
Bubbles*de*Milo
Seriously, go and improve your English.

seriously post something helpful
Reply 94
Try some 'surprise sex'.
Anonymous
seriously post something helpful

Take your own advice. :wink2:
Leigh.

This is a terrible attitude to have, all men are knobs.

(:p:)
Reply 97
Antimatter
This is a terrible attitude to have, all men are knobs.

(:p:)

It's true, oh well.
Leigh.
It's true, oh well.

</blatant scarcasm> :wink:
Reply 99
Tombola
Fair enough.

I know that for me, and many others there's not much point going into a relationship with the knowledge that it's going to end. For me, the whole point is to find a relationship where I'll be happy with another person. You go in with the perspective of hoping that things will work out.

I'm fine without the unnecessary heartbreaks. I'd rather be single in that case.

Yeh I understand that. But what if the relationship ends on a happy(ish) note?

Latest

Trending

Trending