The Student Room Group

Swiss antagonist of minarets embraces Islam

source: http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/International/30-Jan-2010/Swiss-antagonist-of-minarets-embraces-Islam

RENOWNED Swiss politician Daniel Streich, who rose to fame for his campaign against minarets of mosques, has embraced Islam.
A member of the Swiss People’s Party (SVP) and a well-known politician, Daniel Streich was the first man who had launched a drive for imposition of ban on mosques minarets, and to lock the mosques in Switzerland. The proclamation of Streich’s conversion to Islam has created furore in Swiss politics, besides causing a tremor for those who supported ban on construction of mosques minarets.
Streich propagated his anti-Islamic movement far and wide in the country, sowed seeds of indignation and scorn for Islam among the people, and paved way for public opinion against pulpits and minarets of mosques.
But now Streich has become a soldier of Islam. His anti-Islam thoughts finally brought him so close to this religion that he embraced Islam. He is ashamed of his doings now and desires to construct the most beautiful mosque of Europe in Switzerland.

During his confrontation, Streich studied the Holy Quran and started understanding Islam.
He wished to be hard to Islam, but the outcome was otherwise.

SubhanAllah (Glory be to God), you want to attack Islam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Excellent news. However such conversion is nothing new as Islam's most staunchest enemies eventually embraced it many times in the past.
Oh great, another sucker falls for religious mumbo-jumbo.
Banning minarets =/= being against islam.

It's unlikely, but surely you could be Islamic and still against overt religious shows. I don't care about Islam, I like Islam even, but I disagree with Minarets, massive churches and synagogues...anything. Laicite is far better.

But on this specific bloke...WTF?!? This is insane...I don't quite know if I believe it...or want to believe it...
The guy converted years ago to Islam, he just kept it hidden until very recently.
Reply 5
So some berk I've never heard of from thousands of miles away changed his mind on an issue of bugger all importance. I honestly don't care. I don't see why this is in the news, let alone interesting enough to create a thread about.
Wtf
Reply 7
If so, why was he against the minarets? I mean if hes been secretly a convert for years...
FyreFight
So some berk I've never heard of from thousands of miles away changed his mind on an issue of bugger all importance. I honestly don't care. I don't see why this is in the news, let alone interesting enough to create a thread about.

he is a swizz politician that was anti-islam, now he is pro-Islam, so it is worthy to be on the news, if you are not interested then bugger off

this thread is just a message to all those who hate Islam and want to attack it
intresting, but its nothing suprising to be honest, plenty of people that hold anti islamic opinions embrace islam every year, remember Omar Ibn khattab (R.A)?
Prokaryotic_crap
he is a swizz politician that was anti-islam, now he is pro-Islam, so it is worthy to be on the news, if you are not interested then bugger off

So the message is - hate islam or attack it and you'll end up listening to that crap and converting?
Reply 11
FyreFight

I like your sig. :smile:
Prokaryotic_crap

inb4 mathperson?
Cravez
intresting, but its nothing suprising to be honest, plenty of people that hold anti islamic opinions embrace islam every year, remember Omar Ibn khattab (R.A)?

True, hey your sig, is that quote from a muslim?
Odd, but of course some strong critics later bat for the other side :indiff:
Reply 15
Better than living with death threats I suppose, in the way that other opponents of Islam have...
E.g. Salman Rushdie, or Geert Wilders, or the Dutch cartoonist (who was nearly murdered a month ago,) or Theo Van Gogh....

The path of least resistance is to convert.

:biggrin:
Just aslong as he dosnt strap a bomb to himself, I couldnt care less
Aphotic Cosmos
Oh great, another sucker falls for religious mumbo-jumbo.

I try not to be concerned too much over the likes of you; one day you'll be converted yourself. :rofl:
Dior-perfume
I try not to be concerned too much over the likes of you; one day you'll be converted yourself. :rofl:

How about no?
But now Streich has become a soldier of Islam.

Other religions' people are called followers. Islam's are called soldiers. I think that tells everyone all they need to know.

Latest