The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bah.

I'm in a really bad mood tonight. For no real reason. One of my friend's is rubbing me up the wrong way with the way she's acting with her boyfriend, but it's nothing major. I just can't find any reason for why I'm so pissed off with the world =/

I poured myself two mini hot waterbottles to cheer me up, and ended up splashing boiling water over my hand >_<
Grrrr. My best friend's girlfriend has a problem with me :eek3: . It's SO frustrating because last year I was really good friends with her and the guy who lives next door to me, last term they got together, I never see him anymore so on Saturday I said we should cook dinner or generally just hang out together more. I also said 'I LOVE YOU, BRO' and apparently she got really really upset and annoyed about that and generally just about the fact that I want to spend time with my best friend. Earlier I went to Tesco with him (cos no one else was around) and then we had dinner together, then went to the bar (where his girlfriend was) and she was just incredibly rude to me. Just really stupid petty things like mocking me for playing with my BRAND NEW phone and just making really snide comments. I was sat next to her and she suddenly just pointed at me and said 'hahaha. BIG BUM'. I suffered from an eating disorder in the past and was having an incredibly down day today anyway (text jack this afternoon saying 'big bum big bum big bum' (silly I know, but I was just feeling really rubbish) and to hear her say that was just horrible.

I've literally just written them off now. She's so immature and petty that I don't want to care about them and get hurt anymore. I could understand if it was anyone else ... but it's me (the girl who's been with her boyfriend for three and a half years and is madly in love with him). I'm just really hurt because I've had this problem for most of my life :frown: I guess I'm just 'overly friendly' with guys or something because even my best friends couldn't handle that I was close to their boyfriends. Makes me cross :frown: and probably won't be able to sleep.

Still, least I've got my new phone to play with !!
:hugs: Hope you all slept well and hope you feel much better in the morning, Flo xxxx
Hello frens :colone:

I only come in here when I'm pissed off.

So,
*smasch*
*krasch*
Being in LDR is another half grate
and THIS HALF WELL NAFF!

yours,
kopi, ffs.
:hugs: Ruth, that's a shame :frown: And you are in no way shape or form fat...
It's just so fecking perfect. I love him so much.
Anyway, just thought I'd keep you ladies posted. Hope everyone's well :hugs: for all.
Awww, that sounds nice!! Good that you are losing some of the intruder feeling, it's never a good one to have!! (I still have that at Chris' though..)

Not good with your sicknessing!! Maybe just try to stay off the milk when you're there? As much as you can anyways. Or I'm sure they wouldn't mind getting you a little bit of skimmed milk so that you don't have to keep being sick..
nkl;vbjk
I'm back from Berlin :woo:. What have I missed? I hope nothing sad :emo:
Reply 4888
Morning all :hello:

How are we all?

I'm good :smile: although my plans for valentines have fallen apart.. trying to think of something else I can do... anything sugegstions welcome :smile: Got a 2 hour lecture today which I know will be pointless, it always is!

Katie: Good Luck with the essay :smile: :hugs:

Lucy: Glad you had a good time with James :biggrin:

Ruth: :hugs::hugs: I think it's ridiculously petty of this girl and you're not fat :hugs: She's clearly jealous and insecure.

Beth: Perhaps try and lay of milk if at all possible at Olis or switch to skimmed. :hugs: Hope you feel better soon and glad the intruderness has gone :smile:

:hugs::hugs: for all.
Reply 4889
For some reason, I thought that I would be in a real minority being in a long distance relationship... I feel pretty foolish now :smile:
I've been with my boyfriend over 2 years now... does it get easier or harder over time? :s-smilie:
Chassi
For some reason, I thought that I would be in a real minority being in a long distance relationship... I feel pretty foolish now :smile:
I've been with my boyfriend over 2 years now... does it get easier or harder over time? :s-smilie:

Depends, is there an end in sight for you? If so, yes it does get easier as you get closer to your LDR deadline :smile: xx
Reply 4891
blinkbelle
Depends, is there an end in sight for you? If so, yes it does get easier as you get closer to your LDR deadline :smile: xx

If I get the right results in the summer, I should end up going to Uni near him, which might make things better. I worry a little that the change to seeing him more often will completely change our relationship or maybe he won't love me so much if he sees me all the time. Its probably just me being insecure though :smile:.
Chassi
If I get the right results in the summer, I should end up going to Uni near him, which might make things better. I worry a little that the change to seeing him more often will completely change our relationship or maybe he won't love me so much if he sees me all the time. Its probably just me being insecure though :smile:.

I think that's something we all worry about tbh! Me and my boyfriend have been together almost 3 years, 2 and a half of those we've been long distance. We'll be moving in togther (at last!) in Sept 2011 and I do worry about the transition from LD to living together! But the way I see it, if your relationship has managed to stay alive through long distance, you've already tackled so many more problems than most people, and as a result your relationship will be stronger than most!

:hugs: hope that helps! xxx

Welcome to the soc :smile: I would say it gets harder in some ways (thinking why can't i have a 'normal' relationship already?') but you do get accustomed to it as well...

Beth - sounds like a lovely time, I agree on getting some different milk :smile:

:hugs: Katie, that's annoying :frown:
Morning all :smile:
Had a pretty horrible sleep, kept waking up feeling really hot and sticky :frown: so I missed my ten oclock and only just got up. Definitely feel better for it though.
ALSO, check this out:
http://www.sportsdirect.com/offer-tuesday?src=en100209&utm_campaign=1104514274&utm_content=1015840229856&utm_medium=email&utm_source=sd100209wk42tue

Sports direct do these 'offers of the day' where you can get insanely cheap things (we found out about it when they were selling squash rackets for £1). Just bought this Kangol bubble coat for £5!! I always feel a bit funny about buying things that are so reduced cos ... I guess there must be something wrong with them BUT STILL ... 5 POUNDS!! Their delivery's amazing too (our squash rackets for delivered within twenty four hours with standard delivery!) Now I can look lovely (and be warm!) when I pick Jack up from the station on friday YEY.

Anyway, hope you're all feeling good this morning :hugs:
It must depend on the person. For me it gets harder actually being with him. Like I get some sort of "pre-LDR hangover". I feel really sad when he is here because I know that he will go soon, and it is all the same as the LDR hangover, despite the fact that he is still there. But when he is gone, it is getting easier to deal with, and the last time he visited, there was no LDR hangover when he was gone. I was sad when I left him, but as soon as I started work like 30 mins later I was fine. I keep myself busy, and he has gone into the army now so I won't be attached to my computer screen any longer. It's strange :erm:.
I get the same, I always start getting upset when I know it's nearly time to leave eachother again. But then I also get the LDR hangover, they both suck!

3 days, come onnnnnnn, hurry. Just wanna be on the train pulling into Leeds so he can get on with me!
I'm going to see mine next Friday :love: and Chassi, it gets harder and easier all the time :nothing:
But in Aug/Sept we might live in the same town :moon: we might move in togetha :moon: Oh.. :moon:
nklvdcch
Reply 4899
Ilora-Danon
Oli made a rather amazing suggestion last night. He's thinking of upgrading his phone, so when he does, he said I could have his iPhone!!! That would make it so much easier because you can msg for free using an app, but I can't afford an iPhone on my ridiculously low pay packet - So problem completely solved!
Now, the test is to see if it actually comes to fruition hehe. But yeah in theory that would solve the 'overseas' contact issues. *squeee*

Couple of questions - a) how can you 'upgrade' from an iPhone? I'm not saying they're, like, perfect - they have flaws - but I can't really think where you'd go after one of them... unless you don't really use all the features, or something.

and b) message for free using an application?! How? Although I s'pose this only works if you're using the app from the UK, right?

Latest