English Lit at Sheffield, anyone?
Open day Wednesday, waheeyy (:

I'll be at that open day :smile:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Alexandra1234567
I'll be at that open day :smile:

Cool (: I'm really looking forward to it!
sophierebekah
Cool (: I'm really looking forward to it!

I am too actually! But I went to Leeds' English open day on Friday, I'm gonna have to compare to see which one I like best.
It's a good job I emailed ahead, I had been booked onto a POST graduate open day for English Lit, Lang and Linguistics.

Really not impressed :worried:
heyy :smile:
im pretty certain im gonna go to sheffield uni to so sociology and social policy! Loved the open day! Love Endcliffe accom aswell!
Anyone else thinkin on the same lines??
:biggrin:
ive got an uncond place for sociology and social policy at sheff uni..but as u posted tht a week ago you've probs heard bk by now :smile:
Reply 306
I've applied for Econs and Politics in November but I haven't got a reply yet...is this the case for anyone else?

*Quote me

Thanks.
cath-reeeen123
ive got an uncond place for sociology and social policy at sheff uni..but as u posted tht a week ago you've probs heard bk by now :smile:

Ah that's what I've applied for :frown: Not heard anything though. When did you apply?
To those who've been to an open day already, around what time did the open day program finish?? I gotta book train tickets back to London, tried emailing them about it but they haven't replied :s-smilie:
lollipop1
To those who've been to an open day already, around what time did the open day program finish?? I gotta book train tickets back to London, tried emailing them about it but they haven't replied :s-smilie:

Between four and half past if you go on a campus tour. I got back to the station and was sat around for a good hour before I got my train at quarter to six.

In regards to the open day - wowzas.
I seemed to be the only person who was by themselves though :frown:
lollipop1

The Law open day finished at 3:30, coaches were provided to get you to either Endcliffe or the train station, can't say this would be true for all open days though
^
I guess it's different for all open days then. Well the open day programme starts at 2pm so I'll probably book the train which leaves around 5ish just to be safe.
Thanks for the help! :smile:
Reply 312
lollipop1

Mine finished at 4. It did say on the letter that it was due to finish at 4, not sure about yours.

Ludwig Wittgenstein
Between four and half past if you go on a campus tour. I got back to the station and was sat around for a good hour before I got my train at quarter to six.

In regards to the open day - wowzas.
I seemed to be the only person who was by themselves though :frown:

Thought you would be :p:
hey! got an offer for financial maths! anyone else?
Going to the open day on 12th march :smile:
I'm looking at doing Civil Engineering and can't decide whether I'll be firming sheffield or cardiff
Reply 315
peaches6994
hey! got an offer for financial maths! anyone else?
Going to the open day on 12th march :smile:

Me! Unconditional seeing as I'm switching unis and courses. Thinking of taking it too. I see your thinkin' of actuarial which is what I'm doing right now and looking shot of. Each to their own though... you likely to go to sheff?
haithere

Thought you would be :p:

It's fine, I got chatting to a cute second year girl :awesome:
I'm applying for East Asian Studies with Business and Management, sent off my application on 14th january, and I haven't heard something yet, is this normal?

Does Sheffield send emails that they got your application?
Ginger2102
I'm applying for East Asian Studies with Business and Management, sent off my application on 14th january, and I haven't heard something yet, is this normal?

Does Sheffield send emails that they got your application?

Never received anything concerning acknowledgement of my application or of my offer, the first piece of information I got directly from Sheffield admissions department was about the Law open day.

I'm sure there just working through the pile of applicants at the moment so I wouldn't worry :smile:
danny1mcc
Me! Unconditional seeing as I'm switching unis and courses. Thinking of taking it too. I see your thinkin' of actuarial which is what I'm doing right now and looking shot of. Each to their own though... you likely to go to sheff?

Finally someone with the same course as me! yeah most probably I'll be firming Sheffield, like 90% or so :p: If it's not sheff then its manchester, no doubt. What bout you? what uni are you in now?

Latest

Trending

Trending