The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1
Wow I totally wanted to start one of these next year.. not that I would have a clue how or anything!
Are you learning/already good?

Yeah the closet thing I know is the ice hockey society, but that all seems a bit aggressive for my liking!

:smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
I so want an ice skating club. Don't fancy ice hockey either - seems like a fast track to violent injury!
:holmes:

I've seena few people ask about ice skating over the last few days. Set one up and start some :h: Pop socials to go with it.

And seeing as the rink is at the Skydome, you could also do Lava on Wednesdays. (Badminton soc did food+skating+Lava a few weeks back).
Reply 4
goodtogallop
is there one?

had a look on warwick sport and google and couldnt find anything but im sure iv heard it mentioned?

i know theres ice hockey but i assume thats diff?

georgia
I so want an ice skating club. Don't fancy ice hockey either - seems like a fast track to violent injury!

haha :biggrin: You probably won't get hurt playing ice hockey. If you haven't got kit you just practise with beginners on half the rink and at the end of each session we get a few games going - people with kit play each other, people without kit play each other...very slowly! :p:

People in this thread should come along and give it a go, if you don't like it there's no obligation to continue. :smile: You don't need anything - there are sticks to borrow as well as skates. And a bus from campus to the rink.
Reply 5
i can skate in the sense of getting around on the ice but no more skill than that! id love to figure skate more than try ice hockey. id be well up for joining a club but dont really have time to organise one as im already on the exec for another sports club and am pushed for time already!

Latest

Trending

Trending